Help please in Scotland - RBS

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6410 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Suzzane, if you dont have all your statements and you need to find out all the charges, send a DPA( Data Protection Act)letter to your bank asking for this, this is the letter in the templates giving them 40 days to reply. Enclose with this a cheque for £10. They will either cash it or give a refund for this service. Once you have your statements, you then start to tot up the charges made on your account. When you have this information, come back if you need more info.

Most of all......dont give up:o

06th April 2006 Statements requested for last 6 yrs:

Bank of Scotland: Current account Breaching DPA

Royal Bank of Scotland: Style Breaching DPA

Capital One: Mastercard Request for £499.23 on the 17th April. £40 refunded to account on 26th April. Small claim hearing 27th June. Full refund and interest 24th May.

Coop: Crashed and burned into giving in Full and final offered 16 days after LBA ;)

Thats enough just now, more to come though

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay - in about 12 hours I should find out if RBS have submitted a defense. If so - then I'm apparently off to court on Monday :eek: ! I haven't heard a peep from RBS since submitting my claim (apart from that bizarre phone call about copy statements).

If not - :-D

Look out for my news tomorrow night! I'll be on a train all day so not able to post til about 11pm.

meagainstrbs

Reading this post is helping answer my query I think... I am in Scotland (but only just!) so reckon I need to go the Scottish route too.. The money claim thing won't work for me. It's annoying that we will have to put in more than one claim though... I will keep watching this post to see how you get on, as you are a bit ahead of me.

Keep going and keep strong! And if you need any more buddies (although you seem to have been offered lots of help), please holler - I'm only in the Borders!

Good luck!

Abbey - 547.00 settled in full.

Second claim: £204 WON.

Barclaycard - 142.88 incl interest due WON BY DEFAULT as they didn't even bother entering a defence. Barclaycard paid up £184.88.

MBNA - Concluded £634.31

Capital One Concluded £148

Kinda disappointed I've no more banks to go after now...

Hey everyone,

Phoned the court this morning (yesterday was return day) and the bank have not submitted a response so I have won by default - yay!

However, all is not so simple. According to the (not helpful in the slightest) ladies at Haddington Sheriff Court, I have to return Form 11 by Thursday (fine). 14 days after this, they will send me an extract decree. I photocopy this and send to my bank with a covering letter stipulating time period in which I request repayment by. Send this recorded delivery. Then I expect the bank to pay within the time limit. If they do not, then I can get the courts reinvolved.

Ok - has anyone else been in this position and had to go through this protracted process? The one thing the (frankly quite horrible) lady did say to me, was that there is no certainty of getting my money back - WTF? Surely if I win by default, that's the whole point!?? I would have also expected them to help more with the recovery of the money - please - can anyone give me any advice/help/support who has been through this process?

Thank you so much

meagainstrbs

Cooo! What a carry on!! Well done you though!! And well done for keeping your cool with the Haddington wifey! I must remember not to use that court (although it's probably the closest to me!)

I'm not sure at all, and I'm sure that someone more experienced than me will respond with the answer you need. I just wanted to let you know that I'm with you, and so pleased you've gone this far. I actually wouldn't take what she says with any concern at all. From what I have read on the boards, I'm quite sure you'll get your money back - in full!

WELL DONE!

Debbie

Barclaycard - 142.88 incl interest due WON BY DEFAULT as they didn't even bother entering a defence. Barclaycard paid up £184.88.

MBNA - Concluded £634.31

Well done!! Bet you were on tenterhooks until you managed to speak to the court person. I have taken individuals to court - and won before -and what the "lady" at the court said is true, sort of. Once you have the decree, have sent it to the other party and they have not responded you can, as you said, go back to court and let the court order them to pay. Again this costs money. Not sure how this would work with a large organisation but with individuals I threatened to force them to go bankrupt. Not a pleasant experience for anyone concerned but if someone owes you money and the courts agree they should pay it back, or if they just can't be *rsed defending an action because they know they are in the wrong, then why should you have to wait any longer for YOUR cash. If further action needs to be taken then all costs have to be paid by the defender, however you, the pursuer, have to pay the costs upfront and reclaim them back. A load of nonsense that the system is set up in such a way that it takes so much time, effort and money to bring a case like this and then have to do it all again to recover the cash you are entitled to. Sorry, on my high horse again. Must calm down, have a cup of tea and chill..................................

Ria :p

Abbey - SAR - (Subject Access Request) for 2001-2005 incl. sent 26/6

11/7 Usual fob off letter (microfiche argument) received altho' letter dated 5/7!

11/7 Data Protection Act Disclosure Request sent to Pam Speed 1st Class recorded delivery

27/6 FOUND STATEMENTS FOR 13/4 - 14/12/2005!!!

27/6 Request for refund sent

7/7 Sorry you've complained letter received

Hello everyone,

Well its been a fair journey but I DID IT! Yay me and thank you guys so much for all your help and support!

After I posted the thread (above) on Tuesday morning - about 11am my mobile phone rings and its Mark, a lawyer from RBS:-

Mark@RBS: "We understand you are having some problems with customer service and issues of charges from Royal Bank of Scotland"

Me: "Yes" (sitting at Perth train station, caught unawares!)

Mark@RBS: "We'd like to settle the matter by offering you a full refund of £743 + £39 court fee - only if you agree to keep this a secret" (Ha! Try and stop me!)

Me: "Okay - but what about the 8% interest" (Jumping up and down!)

Then follows a boring conversation where he ensures me he doesn't understand the 8% interest thing (yeah right, you have a law degree!) and he assures me it only adds up to £4.95 anyway. We argue back and forth for a while.

Me: "I think you'll find its about another £100 on top of the £782 you already are repaying to me"

Mark@RBS: "I'll need to calculate it and ring you back"

Call No. 2

Mark@RBS: "Well thank you for that thankless task" (Talking about calculating the interest - and yes, those were his actual words)

"You are due £884.62" which includes £102.62 of interest"

Me: "Thank you and when will I see this money"

Mark@RBS: "It'll be paid into your account today"

It appeared in my account on Thursday! And for the first time in 8 years, my bank account was in credit and due to stay that way for the future!

My overdraft was £850 so I just paid this all off, paid a little bit off the Barclaycard and had a bottle of cheap plonk!

For anyone who is considering reclaiming bank charges - go for it! PM me if you need any help (particularly in Scotland) or are claiming against RBS.

I have filled in the CAG survey - but its really geared (in the stages bit) towards people who have claimed in England so my answers were a bit skewed - but its filled in all the same!

Thank you to Ewan, cowlie, deemacperth, babes66, wintermare, Jamboray, setonsteele8977, ajs444, Robertxc, Also Skint, suzanne_michels, give_me_it_back, RiaMac for all your advice and support and particularly to scotia and Candice (amosworks) who gave me so much help with my court claim form.

megainstrbs xxx

• Confused 1

great news

congrats

Wow...am so impressed you remembered to talk about the interest whilst taken unawares......

whoo hooo :grin:

this gives us all the impetus to go for it!

Excellent. Good stuff!

My case is progressing nicely too, going to the court for the first time tomorrow, your thread is helping lots!

RBoS:

Student Current Account: £300

Current Account: £100

Total = £400

• Statements requested 3/4, Received 26/4.
  • Pre-lim letter sent for both accounts 29/5.
  • 'Bugger-off' reply received 7/6.
  • LBA Hand delivered to Branch Manager 9/6
  • Reply received and ensuing email conversation terminated 21/6.
  • Claim Filed with Edinburgh Sheriff court 27/6.

• Return Date is 01/08, Hearing Date 08/08!
  • Letter REcieved 2/8 offering £280, Declined.
  • Phone call same day offering full amount + fees.

RESULT!!

thank you for asking me for help....it gives a guy an ego boost you know....just glad i could help you.....i hope you are still gonna hang around to pass your wisdom onto others

IF YOU FEEL I HAVE HELPED YOU IN REPLYING TO YOUR POST, CAN YOU CLICK ON THE SCALES AND LET ME KNOW

Halifax - Total £2116 - Plus approx £300 in interest plus fees for 3 small claims...settled all within 3 weeks of claim.....Now for the mortgage.....

Clydesdale Bank - Credit Card - Sent Data Protection Act - Awaiting statements

Clydesdale Bank - Current Account - Awaiting statements

FANTASTIC news!!! Well done for hanging on in there! I'm keeping your post as a 'guide' to me, as I expect I (as many others) will go down the same route.

Thanks for the thanks! That was nice!! As Scotia says - DO hang around and help others who will be just as scared as you were (ie - ME!) when they start out.

CONGRATULATIONS!! Bet it feels great to "fight them on the... railway platforms!"

xxx

MBNA - Concluded £634.31

Well Done! Congratulations!:D

Robertxc v. Abbey - £3300 Settled in full

Robertxc v. Clydesdale - £750 Settled in full

Nationwide v. Robertxc - £2000 overdraft wiped out, Default removed by order of the sheriff

Robertxc v. Style Card - Default removed by order of the sheriff

Robertxc v. Abbey (1) - Data Protection Act action. £750 compensation

Robertxc v. Abbey (2) - Data Protection Act action. £2000 compensation, default removed

The opinions on this post are those of Robertxc and not necessarily the opinions of the group and do not constitute sound legal advice. You are advised to seek professional legal advice.

Hey, thats great news and well done!!!

It's been a long journey for you and i'm still waiting on the RBS to respond:p

The ICO are involved however and they are writing to them, hope Mark gives me a call, i'll tell him your asking for him:D

By the way....what team do you support?

06th April 2006 Statements requested for last 6 yrs:

Bank of Scotland: Current account Breaching DPA

Royal Bank of Scotland: Style Breaching DPA

Capital One: Mastercard Request for £499.23 on the 17th April. £40 refunded to account on 26th April. Small claim hearing 27th June. Full refund and interest 24th May.

Coop: Crashed and burned into giving in Full and final offered 16 days after LBA ;)

Thats enough just now, more to come though

Hey guys,

Thanks very much for the messages and PMs - I really would have caved in if it wasn't for the support and advice on here - still considering going after Mint for £60 and researching BOS joint current account charges - not sure if I have the nerve again - but know you'll all say GO FOR IT!

Of course I'll still be around and if I miss you, please email me on jellymelonbean'at'hotmail'dot'com

Thanks again!

meagainstrbs

• 4 months later...
Very interesting.

Wonder why the banks are trying to sweeten the courts up. :-|

Hi deemacperth - I see that you have successfully claimed back £3748.40 from Halifax in full. Did you have to go to court stage to get this? Or was it based on 1st request? I have asked them for £4600 and so far ad £1400 offered saying that this maximum they are prepared to offer.

• 12 years later...

This topic was closed on 09 March 2019.

If you have a problem which is similar to the issues raised in this topic, then please start a new thread and you will get help and support there.

If you would like to post up some information which is relevant to this particular topic then please flag the issue up to the site team and the thread will be reopened.

- Consumer Action Group

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6410 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks