• Tweets

• deed?  you mean consent order you and her signed? concluding the case as long as you nor she break it's conditions signed upto? dx Yes sorry. they called it a deed at first in court.  Then Judge said she was happy to have it sealed as something else  exact names of orders in message above.     The disease was tested for when his cardiac testing was done immediately after purchase and part of the now sealed case.   However, results were disclosed incorrectly and I only found out  two days ago.   This disease did not form part of my knowledge during the case as I had been informed of a normal result that was not the case.   it is perfect clarity of a genetic disease where as the previous cardiac issue could be congenital until the pup is genetically tested. 
    • Hi, Halifax recently sold a credit card account of mine to Cabot. I am unemployed and have no assets and was thinking of making token £1 payments for 12-18 months in order to drag things out a bit and reduce the chance of Cabot being able to get the correct CCA documents from Halifax if I requested them in future. However, I saw on the pages on this forum about defending county court claims that one of the standard approaches when defending such claims is to say “I had an account with bank X, but I don’t remember the details and so don’t know if I owe this debt…”. If I made £1 payments to Cabot, would it prevent me from using such a defence in future? OC: Halifax DC: Cabot/Wescot Card account opened: 2016 Defaulted: 2023
    • Paperwork says sealed consent order and composite settlement agreement      YES  ADDISONS DISEASE 
    • Hi, This may be the wrong place for a thread BUT If you receive a defence, can you send a CPR 31.14 request for document mentioned in the defence, and then apply to proceed with the case only after (14) days passed or they respond OR is it only if you receive a claim I see @dx100uk thread is for when you receive a claim, but can you also do the same when you receive a defence?
  • Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Help please in Scotland - RBS

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6386 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi scotia,

Yes, all letters sent for full amount - but just used standard LBA so didn't say would be submitting seperate claims etc - but I guess I could do this anyway as it was clear I wanted the full amount back. Maybe if they do try to settle (hopefully) then I could tell them that I'll be submitting another claim for the other £230 and see if they just give me it all (or would that be too lucky?)

That's great news about the 'serving the summons' bit - I guess the court will get back in touch if they have any problem delivering the papers?

Thanks again - and I've got you earmarked for a beer or two! Am trying to pass on the support by helping other people now too!

meagainstrbs

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I would check with the clerk about service. I've certainly always done it myself. Normally what happens is that you submit to full claim for to the court, which includes the pursuers copy and the defenders copy. A few days later you get the defendoers copy back which you're supposed to serve on them. maybe the rules have changed lately and the court now does it for you. in any case, I would give them a quick call and check.

Do not be inimidated by them. It is MOST unlikely that they'll go to the trouble, risk and expense of defending your claim. If you want to make yourself feel better about it, browse through the Litigation concluded section of the forum.

Robertxc v. Abbey - £3300 Settled in full

Robertxc v. Clydesdale - £750 Settled in full

Nationwide v. Robertxc - £2000 overdraft wiped out, Default removed by order of the sheriff

Robertxc v. Style Card - Default removed by order of the sheriff

Robertxc v. Abbey (1) - Data Protection Act action. £750 compensation

Robertxc v. Abbey (2) - Data Protection Act action. £2000 compensation, default removed

The opinions on this post are those of Robertxc and not necessarily the opinions of the group and do not constitute sound legal advice. You are advised to seek professional legal advice.

I may take you up on that in the not too distant future, edinburgh based RBS case here too :cool: Early stages yet though.

RBoS:

Student Current Account: £300

Current Account: £100

Total = £400

• Statements requested 3/4, Received 26/4.
  • Pre-lim letter sent for both accounts 29/5.
  • 'Bugger-off' reply received 7/6.
  • LBA Hand delivered to Branch Manager 9/6
  • Reply received and ensuing email conversation terminated 21/6.
  • Claim Filed with Edinburgh Sheriff court 27/6.

• Return Date is 01/08, Hearing Date 08/08!
  • Letter REcieved 2/8 offering £280, Declined.
  • Phone call same day offering full amount + fees.

RESULT!!

I would check with the clerk about service. I've certainly always done it myself.

I don't know why you did that ??

It explains everything here:

http://www.scotcourts.gov.uk/sheriff/small_claims/forms/taking_claim_to_court.pdf

Section 2.08 states:

208.jpg

I remember seeing a post by BF or Dave that explained you could jeopardise your case by serving summons yourself......it has to be done by sheriff's officer or the court themselves

IF YOU FEEL I HAVE HELPED YOU IN REPLYING TO YOUR POST, CAN YOU CLICK ON THE SCALES AND LET ME KNOW

Halifax - Total £2116 - Plus approx £300 in interest plus fees for 3 small claims...settled all within 3 weeks of claim.....Now for the mortgage.....

Clydesdale Bank - Credit Card - Sent Data Protection Act - Awaiting statements

Clydesdale Bank - Current Account - Awaiting statements

Ah yes, I stand corrected. I've never actually served it 'myself', I've got the sheriff officers to do it, but that was when I was suing on behalf of my business.

Nationwide v. Robertxc - £2000 overdraft wiped out, Default removed by order of the sheriff

Robertxc v. Abbey (2) - Data Protection Act action. £2000 compensation, default removed

The opinions on this post are those of Robertxc and not necessarily the opinions of the group and do not constitute sound legal advice. You are advised to seek professional legal advice.

Yeah, it's the sherrif's officer that servers up summons in Scotland.

Rob,Quick question, don't want to hijack this thread, but have you got a link about your case, I'm intrigued by your signature and how you got the default with Nationwide removed. If not, could you start a new thread detailing precise steps you did over and above normal steps.

cheers fella.

If the name of the claim is blue and underlined, click it to see how I did it.

• Halifax - 1st Request for £3748.80 sent 10/06 Settled in full and 5% donated

• Goldfish - Unable to comment further, have a read

• Lloyds - Data Protection Act sent 19/04 1st estimated request for £1500 sent15/08 LBA sent 08/09

• Carphone Warehouse - Data Protection Act sent 19/04 Chased 04/07 ICO complaint 18/07

• First National - 1st Request for £280 sent 05/05 Settled in full and 5% donated

• Yes car credit - LBA sent 19/07 Court Action launched 26/09

• HFC Bank - 1st Request for £100 sent 06/06 Settled in full and 5% donated

Like what I said? Hit the scales on the top right of my post. Cheers

Disclaimer - By giving advice, I am not putting myself across as a legal expert. Always seek professional advice.

Help the site, donate 5%, I have.

Nice one. Cheers for the morale boost.

Dave

If the name of the claim is blue and underlined, click it to see how I did it.

• Halifax - 1st Request for £3748.80 sent 10/06 Settled in full and 5% donated

• Goldfish - Unable to comment further, have a read

• Lloyds - Data Protection Act sent 19/04 1st estimated request for £1500 sent15/08 LBA sent 08/09

• Carphone Warehouse - Data Protection Act sent 19/04 Chased 04/07 ICO complaint 18/07

• First National - 1st Request for £280 sent 05/05 Settled in full and 5% donated

• Yes car credit - LBA sent 19/07 Court Action launched 26/09

• HFC Bank - 1st Request for £100 sent 06/06 Settled in full and 5% donated

Like what I said? Hit the scales on the top right of my post. Cheers

Disclaimer - By giving advice, I am not putting myself across as a legal expert. Always seek professional advice.

Help the site, donate 5%, I have.

gosh - the courts are quick!

meagainstrbs vs. Royal Bank of Scotland

Claim submitted 2 May 2006, Sheriffdom of Lothian and Borders

Case Number SA146/06

Return Day 19 June 2006

I can contact Sheriff's office on 20 June 2006 to enquire if the Defender has lodged any response to my claim

Hearing Date 26 June 2006, 10am

Fingers crossed!

meagainstrbs

Ok, so the return date is the date by which they have to notify the court whether or not they intend to defend it or not. They will probably submit a defence at the last minute (i.e. 4.30 in the afternoon of the 19th) - so be mentally prepared for that.

They'll put in a defence and act like they have every intention of defending your outrageous impertinence in court. Shortly after that they'll write you a sanctimonious letter about how they're prepared to defend their honour in court, but as a matter of 'good faith' they'll give you some of your dosh back. Tell them to get lost, and somewhere between the 10th and 26th of June they'll settle in full.

• Confused 1

Ok, so the return date is the date by which they have to notify the court whether or not they intend to defend it or not. They will probably submit a defence at the last minute (i.e. 4.30 in the afternoon of the 19th) - so be mentally prepared for that.

They'll put in a defence and act like they have every intention of defending your outrageous impertinence in court. Shortly after that they'll write you a sanctimonious letter about how they're prepared to defend their honour in court, but as a matter of 'good faith' they'll give you some of your dosh back. Tell them to get lost, and somewhere between the 10th and 26th of June they'll settle in full.

Hi Robertxc,

Thanks very much for the info - very helpful.

Please keep an eye on this thread as I'm sure I'll need lots of advice when the above happens!

Thanks again

meagainstrbs

Ok, and you can always PM me if necessary.

Lothian & Borders must have less of a backload than Kirkcaldy, I filed my claim on the 2cnd too, but my return date is 30/6 and my hearing date 7/7.:mad:

Needless to say Ill be following your case to see what to expect! Good Luck!:)

Halifax acc 1: 1st request letter sent 20/4/2006

LBA sent 27/04/2006

1st action filed Kirkcaldy Sherriff court 03/05/06

Halifax acc2 (closed): 1st request sent 03/05/06

LBA sent 11/05/06

Capital 1: 1st request sent 11/05/06

Just to let you know I am watching the thread along with others, I have a few days left before I apply to the court, fingers crossed.

06th April 2006 Statements requested for last 6 yrs:

Bank of Scotland: Current account Breaching DPA

Royal Bank of Scotland: Style Breaching DPA

Capital One: Mastercard Request for £499.23 on the 17th April. £40 refunded to account on 26th April. Small claim hearing 27th June. Full refund and interest 24th May.

Coop: Crashed and burned into giving in Full and final offered 16 days after LBA ;)

Thats enough just now, more to come though

Lothian & Borders must have less of a backload than Kirkcaldy, I filed my claim on the 2cnd too, but my return date is 30/6 and my hearing date 7/7.:mad:

Needless to say Ill be following your case to see what to expect! Good Luck!:)

Yep....mine was around same date as meagainstrbs, but was issued about aweek and a half later.........according to a fellow member from Cupar.......said he received settlement within 2 weeks of submitting claim...but be prepared, they could wait until return date

Also...the return date is their deadline, they must submit paperwork at least 14 days in advance of this date according to the court papers.......

IF YOU FEEL I HAVE HELPED YOU IN REPLYING TO YOUR POST, CAN YOU CLICK ON THE SCALES AND LET ME KNOW

Halifax - Total £2116 - Plus approx £300 in interest plus fees for 3 small claims...settled all within 3 weeks of claim.....Now for the mortgage.....

Clydesdale Bank - Credit Card - Sent Data Protection Act - Awaiting statements

Clydesdale Bank - Current Account - Awaiting statements

• 3 weeks later...

Meagain it will be fine, just take deep breaths and stop worrying.

They have until june 16th to defend my claim and I have only had the original s*d off letter too, so I wouldn't worry about that.

As for having gone overdrawn again, it doesn't affect your case, from what I understand, unless of course you want to try and add the new charge to your claim.

We WILL get there!:)

LBA sent 27/04/2006

LBA sent 11/05/06

Thank you very much babes!

I'm really cr*pping myself and scared because my court date (26th June) is so near to when they have to submit their defence by (19th June) - that's only a week apart. What happens if they do submit a defense - do they get longer and court date is rescheduled or if they do submit a defense, should I be preparing in that week to go to court? I haven't booked the day off work or anything!

Thanks again everyone - more advice please!

meagainstrbs

Thank you very much babes!

I'm really cr*pping myself and scared because my court date (26th June) is so near to when they have to submit their defence by (19th June) - that's only a week apart. What happens if they do submit a defense - do they get longer and court date is rescheduled or if they do submit a defense, should I be preparing in that week to go to court? I haven't booked the day off work or anything!

Well, I'm 3 days ahead of you, so we'll find out together I guess! From what I've seen on here, they submit a defense, then pay up just before the court date. Submitting a defense doesn't affect the court date at all.

LBA sent 27/04/2006

LBA sent 11/05/06

Hi everyone,

Shaking a wee bit just now - and starting to feel very nervous about all this claiming back charges stuff - would really like some reassurance.

Just had a call on my mobile from someone friendly from RBS saying:-

RBS: 'We've got a big bundle of statements here - did you order them?'

Me: 'No'

RBS: 'I thought so - we've just got them here but have no record of you ordering them'

Me: 'It's probably because I've got a Small Claims Action against you at the moment.'

RBS: (taken aback) 'Oh, okay. I'll just pass them to the Small Claims dept then.'

I guess (and I know I'm stupid) its just reminded me that this might end up in court. I knew it was a possibility, of course, but had managed to put that to the back of my mind over the past three weeks (since I had served the court papers and got my date). I haven't heard anything from RBS (they have until 19 June to lodge a defense) and am worried that this is a BAD OMEN as people left right and centre seem to be receiving settlements.

Also - can't believe my own stupidity, but have gone over my overdraft again this month and am £28 over and will get charged. Have been overdrawn for about a week and no funds go in (and don't have access to any) until Thursday (when I get paid). Very mad with myself - please don't tell me off - I wish things were different and I hadn't made this stupid mistake. Does this invalidate my claim and mean that I will lose?

Sorry for feeling so wobbly - but would really appreciate the advice from you guys. I was feeling really confident, but am now scared that I will lose.

meagainstrbs

I know it's difficult but stay with it. I get some wobbleys too, but reading everyone elses success spurns me on to continue. Keep with it, it will be worth it!!

06th April 2006 Statements requested for last 6 yrs:

Bank of Scotland: Current account Breaching DPA

Royal Bank of Scotland: Style Breaching DPA

Capital One: Mastercard Request for £499.23 on the 17th April. £40 refunded to account on 26th April. Small claim hearing 27th June. Full refund and interest 24th May.

Coop: Crashed and burned into giving in Full and final offered 16 days after LBA ;)

Thats enough just now, more to come though

You'll be OK :)

Going over your overdraft wont affect your claim, its them who are trying to enforce an unlawful charge on you, remeber that!

You could try and get it added onto your claim ;)

RBoS:

Student Current Account: £300

Current Account: £100

Total = £400

• Statements requested 3/4, Received 26/4.
  • Pre-lim letter sent for both accounts 29/5.
  • 'Bugger-off' reply received 7/6.
  • LBA Hand delivered to Branch Manager 9/6
  • Reply received and ensuing email conversation terminated 21/6.
  • Claim Filed with Edinburgh Sheriff court 27/6.

• Return Date is 01/08, Hearing Date 08/08!
  • Letter REcieved 2/8 offering £280, Declined.
  • Phone call same day offering full amount + fees.

RESULT!!

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all

I was kindly passed onto the Scottish site and so glad that I have read all your messages as I feel exactly the same - very scared! It has been about a month since I sent my last letter to LTSB asking for £5K back. I live in Edinburgh and telephoned round a few of the smaller solicitors who would take the case on for me but was informed that only the bigger companies specialise in banking law, I never thought that I could do separate claims of £750. I will be very interested to see how you all get on.

I would now like to press ahead with my first (of many!) claims and would appreciate your help. Can I e-mail someone to get the proforma? It is great to hear that there are people in Edinburgh that will help, I may take you up on that offer!

Hi all

I was kindly passed onto the Scottish site and so glad that I have read all your messages as I feel exactly the same - very scared! It has been about a month since I sent my last letter to LTSB asking for £5K back. I live in Edinburgh and telephoned round a few of the smaller solicitors who would take the case on for me but was informed that only the bigger companies specialise in banking law, I never thought that I could do separate claims of £750. I will be very interested to see how you all get on.

I would now like to press ahead with my first (of many!) claims and would appreciate your help. Can I e-mail someone to get the proforma? It is great to hear that there are people in Edinburgh that will help, I may take you up on that offer!

Hi, and welcome to the forum. Please can you start a new thread so that you don't end up hijacking someone elses.

You don't have to sue LTSB in Scotland, you can do it through small claims in England, where the limit is £5k. If you live in Scotland you won't be able to use moneyclaim, but you can download all the necessary form from the web and just do it by hand.

Please take some time to READ THE FAQS. They will tell you everything you need to know.

Good luck, and don't forget to keep the forum updated on your progress.:)

Hey everyone,

Just an update - I've not been around a lot recently - think I've been trying to put bank charges stuff to the back of my mind as I've felt so wobbly and terrified!

Its now only 6 days until I can phone the court and find out if RBS have submitted a defence. I'm a bit worried as from 20th June (when I can phone up) to my court date, there are only 4 working days (20th-23rd June) - so if they have submitted a defense, it really doesn't leave a lot of time for them to make an offer. Therefore, if it does end up in court (Monday 26th) - then I don't have much time to do all my further reading and ask anyone to come with me! Please be ready to help me!

meagainstrbs

Welcome AlsoSkint - very happy to see you here and (although I haven't seen your thread yet) - am in Edinburgh and am very very happy to chum you through this process and to court etc - PM me if I can help you at all...

Thought i'd add my name in the forum, I only came across the Scottish area by mistake, glad realy as I thought Money claim was the road to take. Anyway I am in Edinburgh and would be happy to assist anyone and give support if needed. I am in the process of making various claims and have found the advice brilliant. I am about to issue my appeal against Cap One so may need to put a claim via the Sheriff Court....now that I know that:p

hi

any advice would be great. I have spent a few hours going through all the stuff on the website, and then found that scottish law is different and I am very confused!! I haven't even got to stage one yet and am thinking of giving up already. Is it the same procedure for finding out the exact amount of charges they have taken from me I.e. using template and paying your £10 to get them?? help my head is hurting. Perth:???:

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6386 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks