• Tweets

• Thank you very much for your letter in regard to the above mentioned shipment.  Due to the high volume of parcels coursing through the courier network each day, undergoing continuous processing and handling, certain packages may experience delays or even can get lost in the course of this journey. Please note that due to the time that has passed, this shipment has been declared as lost.  I have today processed the claim and made offers to the value of £75 as a goodwill gesture without prejudice. I do acknowledge that you have mentioned in your letter that the value was higher, however, you did not take out any protection to that amount. The protection for this shipment was £20 and we will not be increasing our goodwill offer any further.    Please log into your account online in order to accept our offer. Once accepted, our accounts department will process the claim accordingly. The claim payment will be processed and received within 7 working days.                                  In addition, a refund of the carriage fee will be processed as a separate payment and will be received within 3 working days.  If I can further assist, please feel free to contact me.   I have also just noticed that yesterday afternoon they sent me an email stating that "after my request" they have refunded the cost of shipping. I did not request the refund so will mention that in my letter as well.
    • Hi I had to leave Dubai back in 2011, during the financial crisis. And only now have I received a letter from IDRWW. Is this anything to worry about about as I have 2 years left until it’s been 15 years(statute barred in Dubai). Worried as just got a mortgage 2 years ago. Could they force me in to bankruptcy? Red lots of different threads on here. And unsure what true and what isn’t. 
    • Not that TOR will see this now he's thrown in the hand grenade. Rayner has plenty of female supporters on X, for a start. As for the council and HMRC, fair enough and I thought Rayner was already in touch with them. That's where it should be dealt with, not the police force. @tobyjugg2 Daniel Finkelstein thinks the same as you about tax. The Fiver theory. How the Fiver Theory explains this election campaign ARCHIVE.PH archived 28 May 2024 17:36:51 UTC  
    • Often with the Likes of Lowells/ Overdales that 'proof' doesn't stand up to scrutiny.   Think about it like a game of poker, they want to intimidate you into folding and giving up as soon as possible, and just get you to pay up and roll over, that is their business model, make you think your cards are rubbish. What they don't expect, and their business isn't set up for it, is for a defendant to find this place and to learn that they have an amazing set of cards to play. Overdales don't have an infinite number of lawyers, paralegals etc, and the time / money to spend on expensive court cases, that they are highly likely to lose, hence how hard they will try to get you to roll over.  Even to the extent of faking documents, which they need to do because the debts that they purchased were so cheap, in the first place. Nevertheless it works in most cases, most people chicken out, when they are so close to winning, and a holding defence is like slowly showing Overdales your first card, and a marker of intention that this could get tricky for them. In fact it may be,  although by no means guaranteed that it won't even go any further than that.  Even if it does, what they send you back will almost certainly have more holes than Swiss Cheese, and if with the help you receive here, you can identify those weaknesses and get the whole thing tossed in the bin.
    • So Rayner who is don’t forget still being investigated by the local council and HMRC  is now begging to save her seat Not a WOMAN in sight in this video other than Rayner  Farage is utterly correct this country’s values are non existent in her seat   Rayner Pleads With Muslim Voters as Pressure From Galloway Grows – Guido Fawkes ORDER-ORDER.COM Guido has obtained a leaked tape from inside a meeting between Angela Rayner and Muslim voters in Ashton-under-Lyne...  
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Seahorse v Cabot

Seahorse
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5872 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Are you claiming you are a victim of identity fraud? If not, I think Emma has pressed the wrong template letter number on her computer. Doesn't surprise me it's debt collecting by numbers.

And no an application form is not a true copy of the original executed agreement as laid down in the Consumer Credit Act 1974.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just replied on your own thread too, Darling. I think they are trying to scare you into thinking they suspect fraudulent activity, especially by mentioning the police. Tut, Tut Cabot. That would seem to be bordering on intimidation, even if you have been clever with your wording.

Did you feel intimidated, Darling? I rest my case. ;)

Someone elsewhere on the Cabot threads has had the police onto Cabot and although he didn't get the actual result he really wanted the police said he had enough ammo to start a civil case.

This is total bollix speak once again from the Kings of Bollix Speak. Trying to be clever. The author of this wheeze needs to go and get a new job at Bluewater or somewhere before this nonsense corrodes their soul.

Just write back and mention the new Fraud Act 2006 which came into force on January 15th the day they were busy playing pass the parcel with Cabot Uk and King's Hill. Glass houses y'know.

Is there no depth to which this company will not stoop? Hopefully if they keep going they'll be in the pits of hell.

I was doing some updates, but you should be able to get in OK. Let me know if you can't, and I'll renew your password.

WW, do you fancy coming along to the Fan Club? Just renounce the devil and all his works, and it could be arranged. :D

Totally off topic. But I've noticed the profanity filter works on words that contain possible profanity. So I'm going to see what it does with a wee town up northish.

I'm going to say S****horpe.

s****horpe does that really work?? ha ha

Latest episode in the ongoing Experian saga... ;)

Dear Ms Pattison,

I see from your email that you do understand that the Data Protection Act applies here, and that there is a duty to ensure that information provided to you is accurate and up to date.

However, you fail to realise that this applies to YOU as well as the lender (and Kings Hill/Cabot is NOT a lender, although I am pleased to see that you are also under the impression that the CCA 1974 applies to your customer, and Act which Kings Hill/Cabot thinks does not apply to them.).

So, as you have a duty to ensure that the information you hold is accurate and up to date, it is my belief that you have FAILED in your duty, and therefore are in breach of the Data Protection Act.

For the avoidance of any confusion, you have been TOLD that this account is in dispute by myself on numerous occasions. You are making an ASSUMPTION that your clients, the Cabot Financial Group of Companies are telling you the truth, and by inference, you are now stating that I have LIED to you.

You are also mistaken in your belief that I have given ANY sort of consent for either you, or the Cabot Group of Companies to share, or otherwise process my data. Merely asking your client if everything is OK, is hardly taking reasonable steps to ensure that the data is accurate and up to date.

You are also under the mistaken assumption that YOU and your CLIENTS have a LEGAL OBLIGATION to record this data, irrespective of the RIGHTS of the Data Subject. This is simply NOT TRUE.

As you, as a company, are in breach of the Data Protection Act 1998, I have no alternative but to do as you suggest, and make a FORMAL complaint to the Information Commissioner. I shall also be making my request for you to cease reporting data from the Cabot Group of Companies a formal one, and will put this in writing to you.

I am certain that you do not need to be reminded that it is entirely possible for anyone breaching the Data Protection Act to receive a custodial sentence if found guilty. Bearing this in mind, if I feel that my complaint to the Information Commissioner has not had the desired effect of ensuring that my rights under the Data Protection Act are being taken into consideration, I shall seek to ensure compliance with that Act, through the Courts if necessary.

Regards,

Seahorse

----- Original Message ----- From: "CreditExpert"

To:

Sent: Friday, March 23, 2007 1:24 PM

Subject: EMR1713212X

> Our Ref: RHP/41274553/PC

>

> Dear Mr Seahorse

>

> Thank you for your email, which we received on 17 March 2007.

>

> The default recorded by Kings Hill (No 1) Ltd relates to a debt to Barclaycard who passed this to Kings Hill for recovery.

>

> The contact details for the Kings Hill account are:

>

> Cabot Financial (Europe) Ltd: PO Box 241, West Malling, ME19 4NA

>

> The account was queried with the company concerned and they have advised that the information is correctly recorded and should remain recorded.

>

> I would advise that if you think any entry in your report is wrong we are obliged to contact the lender ( which we did on 21/02/07) to verify your comments or the validity of the entry and adhere to any instructions to amend the information. The lender is equally obligated under the Consumer Credit Act 1974 and Data Protection Act 1998 to ensure that the information they provide is accurate and up to date. If no amendment or deletion instructions are ordered we are unable to amend the information.

>

> If you believe that the information is not correctly recorded then I suggest that you contact the Information Commissioner at the following contact details:

>

> Information Commissioner: Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF

> Tele 01625 545745 Fax 01625 524510

> email [email protected] Web ICO – Information Commissioner's Office

>

> Kind regards

>

> Ms Rianne H Pattison (RHP)

> Consumer Services Officer

> CreditExpert

Note that the information they seem to have from Cabot is, relates to a debt to Barclaycard who passed this to Kings Hill for recovery.

Really????? Well, does that not show that they haven't got much of a clue as to Cabot's role in all of this? OR. Does this now mean that Cabot no longer own the debt, have maybe passed it back to Barclaycard, but have neglected to inform me?

Personally, I think the most likely explanation is, Experian are showing another side to their increasingly incompetent Consumer Services Officers.

Time to step this one up a notch, and make a formal complaint to the ICO.

Good God these people are retards, I would love to know how much they get paid to send out these standard "fook off and speak to the lender" letters. They are totally incapable of providing any reasoned arguement.

Have you heard anythink from WW, its all gone quiet with him at the moment, I am waiting for a reply to another letter I have sent him.:rolleyes: Come on WW, get your finger out......

Latest episode in the ongoing Experian saga... ;)

Note that the information they seem to have from Cabot is, relates to a debt to Barclaycard who passed this to Kings Hill for recovery.

Really????? Well, does that not show that they haven't got much of a clue as to Cabot's role in all of this? OR. Does this now mean that Cabot no longer own the debt, have maybe passed it back to Barclaycard, but have neglected to inform me?

Personally, I think the most likely explanation is, Experian are showing another side to their increasingly incompetent Consumer Services Officers.

Time to step this one up a notch, and make a formal complaint to the ICO.

Well what an irresponsible reply this is to your complaint/query - these companies clearly don't have a clue regarding their roles in this stuff do they??

I wrote and posted letters to these people today as it happens asking the same questions for them to remove defaults from their registers and to not allow these very same companies to write crap about us. I had the added weight of their court claim being struck out of court to copy to these companies as proof that this erroneous data is something they clearly shouldn't be writing etc.. I gave them 7 days notice in my letters.

I will sit and write ICO complaints out ready and get those off this week as I am not going to sit and take rubbish replies like this off these CRA's - they seem to think they are above the law? I am going to see if there is room to go after these Data Controllers too as they ought to more responsible for what they are doing - maybe if they get a fine or two they'll start thinking twice before refusing genuine requests like this?

I can't believe what a lousy reply that is!!! Keep at them as they are wrong and these Cabot companies need locking up for their stupidity in writing such crap!! KEEP AT THEM !!!!

Seahorse,

Just going through my Cabot letters and I have noticed that the most recent letters state they are members of the following two organisations:

http://www.dbsg-uk.com/dbsg/

Aims of the group

• Be an effective expert voice for the industry
  • Define and ensure best practice
  • Share expertise and guidance
  • Encourage meetings and exchanging of ideas
  • Provide clarity on issues and terminology
  • Ensure and promote a responsible industry

AND:

http://www.ccta.co.uk/reasonstojoin.htm#reason02

(Which has a large chunk on the consumer credit act, which of course does not apply to Cabot :razz: )

Cabot has a serious identity problem. On their headed stationary it says:

"Cabot Financial (Europe) Limited is licensed under the Consumer Credit Act 1974." Not only are they playing the public off against their various companies they are playing them off against the various laws such as Property Act 1925 when it suits them instead of the CCA which they are licensed under.

This company is heading for a corporate nervous breakdown. (Please God)

Seahorse,

Just going through my Cabot letters and I have noticed that the most recent letters state they are members of the following two organisations:

http://www.dbsg-uk.com/dbsg/

Aims of the group

• Be an effective expert voice for the industry
  • Define and ensure best practice
  • Share expertise and guidance
  • Encourage meetings and exchanging of ideas
  • Provide clarity on issues and terminology
  • Ensure and promote a responsible industry

AND:

http://www.ccta.co.uk/reasonstojoin.htm#reason02

(Which has a large chunk on the consumer credit act, which of course does not apply to Cabot :razz: )

Hey Donel, guess who's chairman of the DBSG ?

Just hate every DCA out there

:o Nooooooooooooooo!! :o tell me?

((Edit Post))

I just couldn't resist, I googled it..... OMG its dirty old KM!!

Can I ask why 'callcredit', which I thought was one of the three CRA's is joining the debt buyers and sellers group?? its a conspiracy, they are all in it together!!

http://www.dbsg-uk.com/dbsg/upload/DBSG%20Callcreditfinal%20090306.pdf

:o Nooooooooooooooo!! :o tell me?

((Edit Post))

I just couldn't resist, I googled it..... OMG its dirty old KM!!

Can I ask why 'callcredit', which I thought was one of the three CRA's is joining the debt buyers and sellers group?? its a conspiracy, they are all in it together!!

http://www.dbsg-uk.com/dbsg/upload/DBSG%20Callcreditfinal%20090306.pdf

Yep, and good ole KM is their leader ( KM remind you of anybody at this juncture?)....I bet this lot wish they had some sort of legal muscle...Hmm, saying that- the CRA's don't and look how they behave...

Just hate every DCA out there

Just thought you'd like to see what sort of things the Debt Buyers outfit get up to: Article in this Months edition of Credit Today Magazine( thanks CT):

News

Quote:

"Debt buyers to access ‘white data’ - 23/03/2007

Debt buyers are a step away from gaining access to ‘white data’ or credit reference data on debt portfolios.

SCOR, the steering committee on reciprocity, has sent the new wording of the reciprocity principles to industry trade associations for ratification. If the principles are signed off, credit reference providers will be able to give their debt buyer clients access to full data on individual debtors. Previously they would only have had access to default data because that’s all they could provide themselves.

Roger Lucas, of the Debt Buyers and Sellers Group, said: "When we take assignment of debts we stand in the place of the original creditor so it’s only right we should have the same obligations and rights."

Meanwhile, Internet bank Egg has joined the Debt Buyers and Sellers Group. Egg head of debt sale Chris Hague said the group is now building more of a balance between sellers and buyers. "The industry is still maturing in certain respects and having a lobby group like that is very helpful as a single point of contact."

Don't you just love what Roger Lucas had to say !

Quote:

Roger Lucas, of the Debt Buyers and Sellers Group, said: "When we take assignment of debts we stand in the place of the original creditor so it’s only right we should have the same obligations and rights."

Just love what Roger Lucas had to say !

Hi

Will Cabot still argue that they are not the new creditor???:rolleyes:

Regards, Pam

VITAL - IF YOU HAVE AN ISSUE ABOUT THE INCREASED BAILIFFS' POWERS TO BREAK INTO YOUR HOME AND USE FORCE IN ORDER TO GET YOUR GOODS THEN JOIN THE PETITION HERE:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.c o....l#post53879 9

Anyone seeing this who wants to help by copying it to their signature please do.

Guest ian cognito
Egg head of debt sale Chris Hague

Sorry but this has me crying laughing, I'm sitting here trying to wet myself as quietly as possible.

Do they also have

Egghead of marketing

Egghead of finance

Egghead of HR

etc...

Sorry, you can carry on with your more serious dicussion now.

Just thought you'd like to see what sort of things the Debt Buyers outfit get up to: Atricle in this Months edition of Credit Today Magazine( thanks CT):

News

Quote:

"

Meanwhile, Internet bank Egg has joined the Debt Buyers and Sellers Group. Egg head of debt sale Chris Hague said the group is now building more of a balance between sellers and buyers. "The industry is still maturing in certain respects and having a lobby group like that is very helpful as a single point of contact."

Just love what Roger Lucas had to say !

Roger - sure says the "right" thing!!!!! :grin: