UPS via Parcel2go have lost my parcel that wasn't fully insured.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 372 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello everyone,

My shipment of a dehumidifier worth £300 was booked with UPS via P2G.

Customer complained that the the parcel was never delivered. Upon checking on tracking, it showed the parcel being delivered successfully.

I inquired both UPS and P2G who said the parcel was delivered but no signature or proof or photo were obtained at the point of delivery.

After weeks of escalations, UPS accepted a loss claim and advice to go back to P2G for compensation. Unfortunately, they offered a refund only for the basic insurance which was £20 which I firmly declined.

The customer chases me up almost everyday now but I said to her that I need to go through a court claim to get her funds back.

What should I do know, do I need to refund the buyer first and then start the claim process with the courier ?

Do I send the letter of claim to P2G or UPS?

Thank you for your expert advice.

Cheers.

Yes, you need to refund the buyer and you should do this immediately. Firstly it's not their fault and secondly you have a statutory duty to deliver the goods.

Do that straightaway – and save your reputation.
I'm going to say right now that I'm sorry that you have used the excuse of having to go through a court claim in order to justify delaying or even not paying your customer their money. What would happen if you failed in the court claim? Does that mean that the customer would get nothing?

I'm especially intrigued by your approach given your chosen forum username – StandUp4Rights

Apart from your statutory duty, if you were the customer would you like to be treated this way?
This is exactly the kind of attitude from traders – big and small – that we are fighting all the time on this forum. So – Big Fail on that point.

In terms of the lost item, you have a choice as to whether to sue UPS or parceltogo.

I suggest that you sue parceltogo because they are within the jurisdiction so you don't have any of this third party nonsense from UPS and also we already have a judgement against parceltogo on the issue of insurance in addition to a couple of judgements in respect of EVRi on the same matter.

Begin by refunding your customer.

Then start reading around all the stories on this sub- forum so that you fully understand the principles involved in challenging parcel to go on the issue of insurance.

Send Parceltogo a formal letter of complaint. Do that straightaway. Don't put a deadline – but if you haven't heard anything by next Friday, come here with a draft letter of claim so that we can check it – and then send that off.

Aim to start your court claim against them in three weeks time.

I have no doubt that you will need to start court claim against them – but also I have absolutely no doubt that you will win.

Thank you so much for your response. I appreciate what you say about refunding the buyer.

Sorry, there's more to to the case. This was an Amazon marketplace order and its well known that increasing number of buyers are abusing the A-Z claim system nowadays hence I was a bit sceptical at first.

Courier tracking was showing that the package was delivered successfully by the buyers local depot. The buyer opened an A-Z straight away which got rejected by Amazon and then she started abusing/ threatening me. Any other seller would have looked away but as I thought she was genuine and decided escalating the case with both P2G and UPS trying to help her out.

I will refund the buyer today as advised and post my draft formal letter of complaint here asap.

Thank you again.

• Like 1

Sorry to hear about the difficulties you have been having with this buyer.

Very pleased that you are refunding them and of course we will help you all the way to get your money back.

Now that they have accepted for the item has been lost, you are pretty well guaranteed of a win

• Thanks 1