Sold Ebay item for 57.99 GBP . Royal mail lost it. **RESOLVED FULL VALUE REPAID**

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 399 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Did sell an item (mixed box of items) on my ebay account- for value of 57.99

Sale date- 20.01.2023

It was 48HR delivery service from Royal mail with stated Compensation till 100GBP.

Did file a claim with them mid February- did attach ebay sale screenshot, postal receipt and all details.

Today at 20.03.2023 did receive a Letter from Royal mail- that they will not compensate me on ground that i am business seller and Ebay sale price is not valid value.

I can not provide purchase invoice since it was a box of mixed goods- from different invoices- different years.

Is there an grounds to stand on and sue them for value i did sold that item? Thanks.

Did attach letter and some details.

letter.pdf

Edited by Lex49
attachment change

If you are having to refund the sale price to the purchaser then I would expect that you will be able to recover that money.

Royal mail are right to ask for evidence – but they need evidence of your loss which is the eBay sale price

24 minutes ago, BankFodder said:

If you are having to refund the sale price to the purchaser then I would expect that you will be able to recover that money.

Royal mail are right to ask for evidence – but they need evidence of your loss which is the eBay sale price

They are stating- I i am a business seller so they  will only compensate for cost price not sale price. So they mean- not Ebay sale price.

Yes is did refund my buyer completely. I can confirm that i sell at ebay as private seller (but as business to gain earnings).

Will i have any probability of success if i proceed with small claims?  I do live near Plymouth, so will attend court hearing if need.

How much value are we talking about here? What did you buy the item for and what did you sell it for

1 hour ago, BankFodder said:

How much value are we talking about here? What did you buy the item for and what did you sell it for

57.99 is sale price at ebay.

It is impossible to calculate buying value for me. It was a lot of mixes items - some was opened/ some was half filled/ some was ordered several years ago, some was ordered recently.  So it was mixed items/ opened items Lot.

So i can not supply them with  Purchase invoice or receipt. I did supply them only with ebay sale screenshot.

I think the post office have it wrong. It's not to do with the price of purchase. It's to do with the value of the item and on the basis that somebody has been prepared to pay you £57 .99, I think it is reasonable to say that this is the value of the item which was put into the care of the post office and that's what they lost.

Was the value properly declared?

If you want to take this to court I think you are in with an excellent chance – probably better than 80% but if you did issue the claim there is a very high chance that they would put their hands up. I suppose it would go to mediation and it would be up to you whether you wanted to accept a compromise or stand your ground.

The court costs for starting an action like this are £25 and then there is a hearing fee which is probably another £25 so that your exposure would be £50 if you lost.

• 4 weeks later...

Update to my issue. (got FULL compensation from royal mail).

What i did:

- i did proceed with appeal of decision.

- did send them a letter that i am unhappy with solution- to FREEPOST ESCALATED CUSTOMER RESOLUTION TEAM. Did attach the same evidence as before.

- today at 12 april they did post a cheque with a full value to me.response.pdf

• dx100uk changed the title to Sold Ebay item for 57.99 GBP . Royal mail lost it. **RESOLVED FULL VALUE REPAID**