BLS Collections [LTSB] Tactics

Number6
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5414 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

This is the second letter I have received from BLS collections who are acting as "DCA" on behalf of LTSB cards and who are actually a trading name of LTSB.

I replied to the first "standard" collections letter from them with a request for no further contact because LTSB Card Services are in default of my CCA Section 78 Statutory Request.

This second letter came anyway and is interesting on two counts:

1) BLS suggest using "savings, alternative financing or the help of a family member" to clear the debt!!!

2) They are offering a reduced settlement figure [the words used are "....settling your account for a reduced amount"] but then go on to say "On receipt of cleared funds, our Client will advise the Credit Reference Agencies to amend your records to show this account as partially settled..."----- Settled, partially settled,... can't they make up their minds??

Naughty, naughty BLS / LTSB!!

This will be submitted to TS and FSA with a complaint.

BLS_offer_1_adulterated.jpg

Pete

I will not make any deals with you. I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own. Number 6

TUT TUT..

By including "without prejudice" in the box, are you now unable to produce this as evidence in court or does that just relate to the ammount?

I would argue that the "Without Prejudice" header applies only to the amount as it is enclosed in a completely seperate box.

The letter also breaches 2.6(b) of the OFT Debt Collection Guidance Document of July 2003 which section states:

2.6 Examples of unfair practices are as follows:

a. contacting debtors at unreasonable times and at unreasonable intervals

b. pressurising debtors to sell property, to raise funds by further

borrowing or to extend their borrowing

Pete

I will not make any deals with you. I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own. Number 6

Guest tlusnoc

I came to a full and final settlement agreement with HSBC over a credit card debt. Whilst they wrote the balance off and my credit record shows a zero balance. They put a note on the record saying "Payment received as a full and final settlement although the payment would not fully clear the balance." I went ballistic with them, though they insist it is a correct statement and refuse to remove it. My bank even refused to upgrade my account from a basic to current because of the partial settlement note.

I came to a full and final settlement agreement with HSBC over a credit card debt. Whilst they wrote the balance off and my credit record shows a zero balance. They put a note on the record saying "Payment received as a full and final settlement although the payment would not fully clear the balance." I went ballistic with them, though they insist it is a correct statement and refuse to remove it. My bank even refused to upgrade my account from a basic to current because of the partial settlement note.

I do think that on those occasions they do it just out of spite, in an effort to feel big and important... :-|

-----

Click the scales if I've been useful! :)

Guest The Terminator
This is the second letter I have received from BLS collections who are acting as "DCA" on behalf of LTSB cards and who are actually a trading name of LTSB.

I replied to the first "standard" collections letter from them with a request for no further contact because LTSB Card Services are in default of my CCA Section 78 Statutory Request.

1) BLS suggest using "savings, alternative financing or the help of a family member" to clear the debt!!!

2) They are offering a reduced settlement figure [the words used are "....settling your account for a reduced amount"] but then go on to say "On receipt of cleared funds, our Client will advise the Credit Reference Agencies to amend your records to show this account as partially settled..."----- Settled, partially settled,... can't they make up their minds??

Pete

Pete thats an identical letter I got from MBUSA

Pete thats an identical letter I got from MBUSA

Yes, I got a virtually identical letter from MBNA too.

I really don't know what makes them think they can get away with such tactics!

Pete

Well, Consumer Direct (Trading Standards) are a complete waste of space!

I emailed a complaint about BLS to them yesterday and got this today:

Dear Number6,

Thank you for your email concerning BLS Collections. Your case number for this is XXXXXXX, which should be quoted in any future contact about this issue.

Unfortunately, this is outside the remit of what Trading Standards can enforce as there are regulatory bodies for your enquiry. I would recommend that you forward your complaint to the Financial Services Authority (Financial Services Authority) on 0845 606 1234. You may also wish to complain to the Credit Services Association (Home Page) who regulate debt collection agencies on 0191 286 5656.

Regards

Consumer Direct West Midlands

Pete

• 1 year later...

Pete

SNAP - Exactly the words on my one too!!!

• 1 month later...

I am new to this forum , and I am also subject to the harassment from BLS

I am currently in a debt management program with National Money Helpline , and have passed details over to them , as initially I did send them details of the debt , but for some reason , it didn't get put on the list

BLS are now sending me letters , ringing me everyday at work , home and on my mobile , and frankly , it's really getting my back up

The issue is being sorted with NMH , but BLS keep insisting on contacting me .

Is there anything that can be done to stop this ?

PS , Last year I made a successful claim against LTSB (whom BLS are acting for) , but according to my reckoning , the total amount they say I am in debt , still includes said charges

Edited by k6gixer
more to add

• 2 months later...

On the FSA website BLS are not part of Lloyds. I have now asked the FSA to investigate and will do a formal claim.

I have also been advised that dont admit to anything - ask for proof - never acknowledge BLS but ask for proof of loan agreements. Remember banks only keep info for 6 years. Without proof they wont win any court cases.

Also I asked BLS for copy letters they said they sent - apparently their facility isnt big enough to keep all letters!

I've been dealing with BLS for a few months now:). They phoned several times a day , which I logged and they ignored my no phone contact messages. I sent 2 phone harassment letters by recorded delivery. The first was re-directed, so I sent the second as a formal complaint to a LTSB Brighton address from the back of their envelopes. I have had no further contact from them since mid September, other than a letter advising me that they have removed my number from their database.

I've just sent a second letter clarfying which accounts I was refering to and advising them that I will be issuing a further formal complaint over their actions once the 40 days for my SAR has passed.

The address I use for BLS is LTSB, PO Box 487, Brighton, BN1 4GH.

Hope this helps.

• Haha 1

• 7 months later...

Just jumping in here.... in debt with Lloyds, business loan over 7 years back, plus they just loaned me more a year later... a seperate loan. went over 30k at one point. Self employed, missed a a few payments, arrears etc.. BLS are now involved. Offered me a settlement figure, on 1st loan its at 10k was offered 5k to clear it... all done over phone.

Basically, with out scrolling thru numerous posts, is this a wise option?

I still have 14k on the other loan too...

Thank you in advance.

• 1 month later...

i have just settled my account with bls in person outstanding debt was 7476.30 i offered them 2000 to settle in full they jumped at it that was 3 weeks ago got my comfermation letter and 2000 still in my bank