Failed @vauxhall Zafira Gearbox

Tipsymc
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 539 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

The Vehicle is on a lifetime warranty, the gearbox had a catastrophic failure (there were no warning signs), and on diagnosis the bearing failed, which was deemed as wear and tear, so the warranty refused to pay for it to be fixed.

The gearbox is an M32 gearbox, which is known to have a design fault.

The car has done 74,000 miles, I have subsequently paid to get it fixed myself.

It seems to me that stating wear and tear for failed components is a get out of jail free card

I wonder what percentage of @Vauxhall cars still on lifetime warranty, have claims fulfilled?

Attached are photos of the failed gearbox, does this look like wear and tear?

Your post is a bit of a rant and doesn't tell us things such as how long you have had the vehicle, whether you bought it new or second-hand, how many miles you have done if you bought it second hand.
We don't know how much you paid or who you bought it from and whether it was bought on finance and whether that finance is simply a loan or a hire purchase agreement.

At least that.

In terms of they wear and tear exemption on a warranty, it is probably entirely reasonable because otherwise people could keep on claiming on a warranty long beyond the normal and reasonably expected life of the vehicle.
You don't tell us what is meant by a "lifetime" warranty. Do you mean your lifetime, the life of the car, the life of the guarantor, or the life of the world, the universe and everything else?

If you could let us have your story in a more structured and informative manner then we can probably give you some advice as to where you stand.

Certainly if there is a known design fault and you can show that the gearbox failure is as a result of that design fault then you should be in a very good position to recover the cost of repairs although it would probably have been helpful if you had informed the other side that you are about to do this before you went ahead. (Maybe you did)

• Thanks 1