Britannia ANPR PCN - Waitrose Exeter ***Cancelled***

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 475 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello,

I am after some assistance with a letter I received today from Britannia Parking for an overstay in a Waitrose car park.

Contravention date 19/10/2022,

date of notice 01/11/2022,

received today 05/11/2022.

I am wondering if I can appeal this on the grounds of not receiving it within 14 days of the contravention date.

I can upload the letter if needs be.

Just wanted a quick bit of advice from the people who know best!

Many thanks 

You mistake the "14-day rule".  The fleecers, like any private company, can send out their invoices when they want.  The next day.  After 10 days.  After 20 days.  After .30 days.  Etc.  The invoice is perfectly valid

If they don't respect the "14-day rule" what they cannot do is use Schedule 4 of the Protection of Freedoms Act to transfer liability from the driver to the keeper, which puts them in a pickle as they have no-one to sue if they try to do court.

The forum has an excellent record of getting Waitrose to cancel these charges.  For example

https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/420128-britannia-anpr-pcn-overstay-waitrose-brighton-car-park-cancd-by-waitrose/#comment-5036370

https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/419022-britannia-parking-parking-charge-notice-waitrose-car-park-cancelled-via-waitrose/#comment-5019909

So get on to the CEO of Waitorse, attach any proof of payment, lay it on thick about being a genuine customer, and ask them to call off the fleecers  https://www.ceoemail.com/s.php?id=ceo-9152

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

1 Date of the infringement - 19 October 2022

2 Date on the NTK [this must have been received within 14 days from the 'offence' date] 1 November 2022

3 Date received 5 November 2022

4 Does the NTK mention schedule 4 of The Protections of Freedoms Act 2012? No 

5 Is there any photographic evidence of the event? Yes

6 Have you appealed? [Y/N?] No

Have you had a response? [Y/N?] N/A

7 Who is the parking company? Britannia Parking 

8. Where exactly [carpark name and town] Waitrose Exeter

For either option, does it say which appeals body they operate under - BPA

If you have received any other correspondence, please mention it here - None

• dx100uk changed the title to Britannia ANPR PCN - Waitrose Exeter

Although  I gave James Bailey as the CEO of John Lewis he is also the head of Waitrose too. Waitrose is part of the JL group.

Could you please post up the PCN front and back with your name address and vrm redacted as mistakes there can help in your letter to the CEO and even in Court should it get that far. 

Thank you for posting your PCN. Apart from the non compliance because they sent the PCN out too late there doesn't seem too much more wrong with it.

So just write and say to Mr Bailey that as they got the time of the PCN wrong, you are not liable to pay the debt as you are the keeper and as a good customer and having spent x amount on the day you would appreciate if he could find his way to cancelling the ticket. You are now aware that your car  can only remain there for two hours and you will ensure the driver does not exceed that time in future.

• Thanks 1

On 05/11/2022 at 15:22, lookinforinfo said:

Before you send off the letter could you please complete the questionnaire below. there may be some mistakes on the PCN that will help Waitrose to cancel your ticket.

needs doing please

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

doh ..

dx

• Haha 1

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Is this ok please?

I have today received an parking charge notice for my vehicle.

This refers to a stay on 19 October 2022.

Britannia have issued this after the prescribed two weeks and therefore I are not liable to pay the debt as the keeper of the vehicle. I am also personally a regular and good customer of both Waitrose and John Lewis and and as a good customer and therefore would appreciate if you could find your way to cancelling the ticket please.

I am now aware that my car can only remain there for two hours and I will ensure the driver does not exceed that time in future.

Edited by dx100uk
unnecessary previous post quote removed

I nearly had a heart attack thinking you were going to send that to Britannia - then realised it's for Waitrose!!!

Looks good.  If you have any proof of payment you should include that to show you really are "a good customer".

• Haha 1

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Bank statement?

and they

who by?

got this in writing and the brits have agreed?

dx

and they

Well done on your victory!  👏

Make sure you keep proof as the fleecers have been known to "forget" to cancel invoices.

Could you please answer what dx asked above?

scan it up

dx

and they

It would be extremely useful to see the letter so that future users are helped by your case, in the same way that previous cases helped you.

• FTMDave changed the title to Britannia ANPR PCN - Waitrose Exeter ***Cancelled***

Read upload

Tells you now

and they