Cabot/Mortimer Claimform - stayed - Now N244+SJ - old Newday card debt ***Application Dismissed/Claim Struck Out***

letsgetitsorted
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 197 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• 3 weeks later...

Here is an update

Was at court today and the other side sent a young solicitor who did not know much about the case. only received it on Friday Last week, 

The Judges opening was to address the pre action protocols and that both the claimant and their Solicitors both failed in this. 

I forgot to take in my defence with me but still managed to hold my own.

the outcome is, the stay is to remain in place and the application for Summary judgement has been dismissed.

however that does not mean that they can pursue for redress until they submit documents in the proper manor. 

statment redacted.pdf

My defence was very week please see above, i have and will be taking on board how to defend the other claim they have submitted though 

Edited by letsgetitsorted
adding additional information

Excellent just goes to show how important for the inclusion of the PAP paragraph of the defence.

Topic title amended so we know what stage this one is at.

Well done.

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

• AndyOrch changed the title to Cabot/Mortimer Claimform - stayed - Now N244+SJ - old Newday card debt ***Application Dismissed***

Thank you Andy

My WS was rushed and sent in 2 working days before hearing due to change of court.

but Judge did agree that MC and C both failed in their duties to send and include the paper work to proceed with a hearing, I have another coming up soon a piece of info that was`nt included in this, is included in the next one.

just trying to get my head around a WS that will help sort that out 

many thanks 

Just a quick question

if there is a form to fill in when you get the 30 days letter before a claim is issued, and you dont send it back, will it hinder your defence when asking for the evidence from the other side under cpr31.14 

none of the cpr stuff was given until they entered the n244 request 

you mean the pre action protocol letter of claim.

not responding to that is a bit of a negative browny point, but theres not alot the claimant can really complain about, thus it adds no weight to their claim.

a CPR 31:14 is simply a request, they don't HAVe to comply , however if they failed to reply to your CCA request, that's another matter, and should be noted in your WS.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

12 hours ago, letsgetitsorted said:

Just a quick question

if there is a form to fill in when you get the 30 days letter before a claim is issued, and you dont send it back, will it hinder your defence when asking for the evidence from the other side under cpr31.14 

Either party not complying with PAP can render adverse effects particularly with regards to costs.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

• 3 weeks later...

To Confirm 

Today I had the confirmation of Judgement and it states

The Application is Dismissed and the Claim has been Struck Out 

as I had to get this transfered to my local court I did not actually get the WS in until 2 days before 

the WS was a rushed one but it worked 

• Like 1

• AndyOrch changed the title to Cabot/Mortimer Claimform - stayed - Now N244+SJ - old Newday card debt ***Application Dismissed/Claim Struck Out***

well done

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Now just had an email from MC with the judgement being obtained in the other case.

what is the application for putting this on hold and getting it reheard, the reason for this is the case was heard at a court that was not my local court and i could not get there to defend it.

when i contacted the court they told me i would need to pay an application fee and it would take 21 days for the proceess which was no good to me as the case was was due in 18 days 

so on that case they have got summary judgement and all costs totalling over 800 so now its 3k 

many thanks 

lets

An Application to set a side...fee is £275.