Misold Training Package

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 476 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi 

In October 2021 I signed up for an IT course to become a solution Architect. 

The sales rep kept hounding before getting me to commit. Before I assigned I was assured that I will easily get the job after  being certified. 

Now i have passed, it’s nigh on impossible to get a job in this sector without any experience. Not only the course was overly priced but the course was over promised and they have been least helpful in finding me a job.

is there anything i can do?

The finance is arranged by Omni Capital

got had by the oldest scam in the book.

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

I can't help but feel you need to take some responsibility though Momon.

I do understand why you would be upset, but even so, it pays to apply some critical thought to what you're being told. Given that the course provider is not the one offering employment, you should really question on what basis they could possibly claim that you'd easily get a job after the course. They can't control that, so any claim of that sort should immediately be treated with significant scepticism.

I would suggest, moving forward from your current position, you pursue some of the Microsoft administered certified professional qualifications. As a software developer with decades of experience hiring other developers, I can tell you we hold qualifications from Microsoft in much higher regard than those from other providers; mostly, Cisco being a notable exception.

Think what you will of Microsoft and their products, but their accreditations are held in high regard in the industry.

TLDR - I can't see how you would have a cause of action against the training provider. I'll bet their 'guarantee' was either verbal, or their T&C make clear they don't guarantee employment on course completion.

• I agree 1

12 hours ago, momon121 said:

they have been least helpful in finding me a job

Is it a formal part of the course that the provider will help you get a job? What exactly is the course providers obligation as regards this? Not the salesperson's vague assurances, the actual contractual commitment to you.

• 2 months later...
On 02/10/2022 at 22:47, dx100uk said:

got had by the oldest scam in the book.

If I was to cancel direct debit and go through the process of challenging Omni capital would be worth dragging myself through the mud ? 

On 03/10/2022 at 11:23, Ethel Street said:

Is it a formal part of the course that the provider will help you get a job? What exactly is the course providers obligation as regards this? Not the salesperson's vague assurances, the actual contractual commitment to you.

Going through the emails from Optima Training they have included part of the package is recruitment support to which we have not received at all. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 31/12/2022 at 12:07, momon121 said:

Going through the emails from Optima Training they have included part of the package is recruitment support to which we have not received at all. 

Well, you haven't received what you expect to be 'recruitment support', which sounds like you expected them to send job adverts to you.

Remember you are not bound by your interpretation of 'recruitment support', you're bound by theirs.

What does the small print/T&Cs say about this recruitment support and what it entails?