Should we trust Sunak or the next PM to fix the Country's problems? (title revised 24/10/22)

That's an idea on Maquarie. On being accountable, you also have to blame Ofwat and possibly the Environment Agency although they've been badly defunded.

I put the Frost article up for balance. :D

Illegitimi non carborundum

Sunak wants to use a new system to issue sick notes, rather than GPs doing it. He seems to think GPs don't understand their patients.

But over the weekend there were articles about stopping the 'sick note culture'. I would have thought this would make it easier. Don't people self-certify for the first few days anyway?

ARCHIVE.PH

archived 21 Apr 2024 19:04:52 UTC

Another one. Sunak wants more disabled people to work - and closes the scheme that has been helping them. Hardly contradictory at all.

WWW.THEGUARDIAN.COM

Closure of Work and Health Programme comes hard on heels of Rishi Sunak’s bid to end the UK’s supposed ‘sicknote’ culture

Still, he's not likely to be around to implement it...

Good Law Project are trying to force HMG to release details of how Sunak's hedge fund made large profits from Moderna.

GOODLAWPROJECT.ORG

Good Law Project has won a battle with the Treasury after it tried to suppress emails between Rishi Sunak and the hedge fund he founded.

The solution to this seems to be to just wave through goods at the border.

Does anyone know how it's going with the facility at Sevington, where lorries are meant to drive 22 miles inland for customs and other checks? If I had a dodgy cargo, I would head somewhere else...

WWW.POLITICO.EU

Ports have spent millions of their own cash on high-spec inspection facilities — but still don’t know how they’ll recoup their costs.

Street did his best by removing any trace of the Tories from his campaign literature, as you say it's a shame for him.

I see Sunak is clutching at the only poll that shows the Tories in not too bad a light, the hung Parliament one. The boss of Ipsos and Sir John Curtice have both said it's flawed.

'Sir John Curtice, the polling expert, also projected the Conservatives nine points behind in the national vote share but advised against using this ­data to estimate Westminster seats. He told BBC Radio 4’s Today ­programme: “It’s quite long been the case, certainly since the late 1980s, that the way that people vote in local elections doesn’t necessarily exactly mirror the way that they would vote in a general election.” '

Jolyon Maugham on Tory data sharing. They have a 1300 page dossier on hm and have shared it with dubious PR people, Palantir and some right wing papers. Very concering, who else's data are they doing this with?

This is priceless. Badenoch is allowing pubs, restaurants and cafes to serve meals outside, as part of our 'Brexit freedoms'. She seems to think Europeans can't do this. 🤣 🤣 🤣

WWW.DAILYMAIL.CO.UK

Plans unveiled by the Business Secretary include proposals to remove regulations that make it hard for pubs, restaurants and cafes to get...

• Haha 1

“Inept” ministers who fail to understand “the mess they have created” are responsible for new delays to Rishi Sunak’s flagship Rwanda plan, Home Office insiders have told i.

INEWS.CO.UK

'It’s actual chaos,' a Home Office source tells i. 'They don’t understand what they’ve done and they need us to explain it to them.'