Air Iberia

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6147 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi there,

This is my first post on this forum so here goes!!

Having some problems with Iberia, which started in August last year. My baggage went missing and arrived a good few weeks after we did back in Glasgow.

While in Spain I contacted Iberia who were able to advise for each day I was without my bag I would receive a sum of money to cover items purchased which were in the bag that I required for my holiday. I was going camping so needed a tent and sleeping bags etc etc, so the final bill ran into a couple of hundred Euros.

Now, I'm trying to reclaim the cash back they are being very difficult to deal with. I sent them numerous letters of complain, and information detailing precisely what I bought along with a photocopy of the receipts (they lost my bags, wasnt prepared to send them the originals!). AFter months of non communication I got in touch with the consumer body ATU who said they are not in a position to force a reply from Iberia, but advised that I should look to start court proceedings.

I informed Iberia that this was the case but they are still wanting the original receipts, despite only having one of a number of communications sent by ATU and myself.

Any useful advice?

Scott

Oh, and I'm aware Iberia are famous for losing stuff so if you have to fly with them make sure its hand luggage!!!

Guest Lueeze

I would send a letter advising if they do not refund you, you will proceed with court action as advised by ATU

Good Luck!

Lou x

Guest Lueeze

I will do a bit of searching for you and come back to you on Fri (busy tom) if i get any good ideas to help!

Good Luck!

after many hours of trawling the interest I finally found the name of someone in a position of responsibility at Iberia UK...

Mr Angel Valdemoros

General Manager

UK & Ireland

IBERIA Airlines

Iberia House

10 Hammersmith Broadway

London W6 7AL

Write to him. Suggest you give bullet points to mark out the various 'one-way' letters and explain you will not submit the original receipts until he takes responsibilty to settle the claim.

Send it Special Delivery - costs £4.10 but guaranteed to get there next day by 1pm and you get a copy of the signature.

I would also include in your claim the cost of the postage for all the letters sent and the phones calls.

LOULA

• 1 year later...

Hi all,

Joined today after reading this Iberia thread. I was recently denied boarding by Iberia at Barcelona airport (bound for Heathrow) and rerouted home via Madrid. We were promised compensation but have seen none as yet.

I was curious whether this claim was eventually successful as the last post was mid 2006. It may affect my decision to pursue Iberia over this.

regards

Matthewt

• 11 years later...

This topic was closed on 09 March 2019.

If you have a problem which is similar to the issues raised in this topic, then please start a new thread and you will get help and support there.

If you would like to post up some information which is relevant to this particular topic then please flag the issue up to the site team and the thread will be reopened.

- Consumer Action Group

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6147 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks