BBC News Website Most Read and Emailed Stories

skyap
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6365 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I was looking at the BBC news online this lunchtime and at the right hand side of the page they have a section for the most read, and the most emailed stories. Number 5 in the most read was an article of claiming back penalty charges! Then I flicked to most emailed and the top two stories were about penalty charges!

BBC NEWS | Business | Are penalty charges bank robbery?

BBC NEWS | Business | How to claim back penalty charges

The second link above is a how-to including templates!

Has anyone else seen this?

wow someone at the BBC likes us little people

the second link is nearly as useful as this site!!

post office WON 12/11/06

abbey.LBA sent 30/10/06.MCOL claim submitted 8/11/06.allocation questionnaire sent 16/12/06.schedule of charges sent 16/12/06.WON

2nd abbey claim SAR sent 3/1/07.WON.complaint letter sent 18/1/08

alliance and Leicester.WON

That's what I thought, it's apparently taken from another guys website - gives the details at the bottom.

If you haven't seen in some of the other posts, there's a prog on bbc 2 at 10pm tonight about penalty charges (called Bank Robbery). Should be interesting.

After the programme has aired, bank charges are the top story both read and emailed on BBC News Online.

Great exposure - and I imagine the biggest breakthrough in public awareness so far.

NEIL'S CLAIMS... Halifax - N1 being submitted 26/2 (£3055) Barclays - offered £540 - N1 due now (£1686) MBNA - SETTLED FOR £1,412.86 Barclaycard #1 - microfiche - complaint to Info Comm'r upheld, info now in - claim to be merged wth B'card #2 in LBA, due now (£800-ish) Halifax Visa - SETTLED FOR £1,067.43 Mint - refunded £427, pursuing remaining £179 contractual Marbles - SETTLED FOR £346

Mum vs Barclays - SETTLED FOR £1,200

Mum vs Abbey - court date 23/2 - SETTLED FOR £1,720.76 at last minute

Mum vs HSBC - SETTLED FOR £1,733

5% donation to site when our refunds are received... Read the FAQs First!

After the programme has aired, bank charges are the top story both read and emailed on BBC News Online.

Great exposure - and I imagine the biggest breakthrough in public awareness so far.

Actually, I would have thought the TrevorMcDonald programme in June, with its estimated 5-6 million viewers, would have had a far bigger impact. This forum collapsed under the influx, but we still managed to get 855 people on line at the same time at one point, and over the next few days, we were registering people at the rate of about 4 a minute. :-D

Maybe if it had been shown at 8 pm, but 10 pm? I find that shocking, tbh. Still, anything that raises awareness is gooooood!!! :-D

yes good point - I forgot about Trevor McDonald, because I normally avoid that programme like the plague. Good on them for airing it though.

NEIL'S CLAIMS... Halifax - N1 being submitted 26/2 (£3055) Barclays - offered £540 - N1 due now (£1686) MBNA - SETTLED FOR £1,412.86 Barclaycard #1 - microfiche - complaint to Info Comm'r upheld, info now in - claim to be merged wth B'card #2 in LBA, due now (£800-ish) Halifax Visa - SETTLED FOR £1,067.43 Mint - refunded £427, pursuing remaining £179 contractual Marbles - SETTLED FOR £346

Mum vs Barclays - SETTLED FOR £1,200

Mum vs Abbey - court date 23/2 - SETTLED FOR £1,720.76 at last minute

Mum vs HSBC - SETTLED FOR £1,733

5% donation to site when our refunds are received... Read the FAQs First!