Barclaycard Offer Of Partial Refund

jennifer.mazzocchi
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6345 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I applied to Barclaycard for a refund of all charges paid and they have written to say as a gesture of goodwill they will refund the difference between the OFT recommendation of £12.00 etc etc. I have responded by saying I will accept this as a partial refund but will pursue them for the remainder. In my letter, I asked them to provide a breakdown of their actual costs to which they have replied: "Barclaycard is not under any obligation to provide a breakdown of their costs. As previously mentioned we believe itis fair that when people break the terms of their agreement with us, we recover the costs involved".

It will obviously be necessary for me to file a claim for the balance of the charges as they appear to have totally disregarded my statement that I am accepting their partial offer but will pursue them for the rest through the court. In addition, they have put a further 2 x £12 charges on my most recent statement for 1) Late payment fee and 2) overlimit charge. A £600 limit is now well over £1200 due to the charges that have been applied to the account.

Do I write back to them and say I will be pursuing them through the court for the balance and also state that I will be asking them to disclose the actual amount it cost them each time I incurred a charge?

I applied to Barclaycard for a refund of all charges paid and they have written to say as a gesture of goodwill they will refund the difference between the OFT recommendation of £12.00 etc etc. I have responded by saying I will accept this as a partial refund but will pursue them for the remainder. In my letter, I asked them to provide a breakdown of their actual costs to which they have replied: "Barclaycard is not under any obligation to provide a breakdown of their costs. As previously mentioned we believe itis fair that when people break the terms of their agreement with us, we recover the costs involved".

It will obviously be necessary for me to file a claim for the balance of the charges as they appear to have totally disregarded my statement that I am accepting their partial offer but will pursue them for the rest through the court. In addition, they have put a further 2 x £12 charges on my most recent statement for 1) Late payment fee and 2) overlimit charge. A £600 limit is now well over £1200 due to the charges that have been applied to the account.

Do I write back to them and say I will be pursuing them through the court for the balance and also state that I will be asking them to disclose the actual amount it cost them each time I incurred a charge?

Ok you need to send the LBA now. You can tell them you intend to ask for disclosure but I doubt that you will get to see the inside of a court ;)

I received a similar letter on Monday - offering me £236 on the basis that they allowed for the £12 OFT charges to stand.

My claim was for £860 (£360 actual and £500 estimated) so even by their reckoning, I assume they have now checked my pre-2004 records, I am owed £590)

It's a case of "Deal or No Deal". They said they would credit my account, but I settled and closed my Barclaycard account 18 months ago, so not sure how they intend to do that. I suspect that poor "Mr Carl Nuttall" is merrily scribbling his name on these letters in the hope that someone will accept the offer.

SHOULD I START MY OWN THREAD WITH ALL MY INFORMATION IN - IF SO CAN ONE OF THE ADMIN PEOPLE TELL ME HOW TO?:D

I received a similar letter on Monday - offering me £236 on the basis that they allowed for the £12 OFT charges to stand.

My claim was for £860 (£360 actual and £500 estimated) so even by their reckoning, I assume they have now checked my pre-2004 records, I am owed £590)

It's a case of "Deal or No Deal". They said they would credit my account, but I settled and closed my Barclaycard account 18 months ago, so not sure how they intend to do that. I suspect that poor "Mr Carl Nuttall" is merrily scribbling his name on these letters in the hope that someone will accept the offer.

SHOULD I START MY OWN THREAD WITH ALL MY INFORMATION IN - IF SO CAN ONE OF THE ADMIN PEOPLE TELL ME HOW TO?:D

My husband has the same thing with Halifax, his account has been closed for nearly 2 years and paid off, so where do think they are going to the money to!!!! He just now going to issue a MCOL as he had already sent the LBA and they will have to listen then, By the way what the banks are saying is that their charges are fair but what they do not ever say is that they are lawfull. Also Mr Nuttall is probably just a sudo name - it could be just about anyone sending those letters.

DS