CP+ windscreen PCN - Paid via app but was in Staff permit area only - Northants General Hospital

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 801 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All,

Recently I had to take a family member for the first time to Northampton Hospital for an appointment. It was raining and there was construction underway in one of the carparks so somehow I ended up in a car park where it was not clear but apparently it was a staff car park.

I had no idea and used the JustPark app to pay for parking as there was a pay meter right there.

When I got back to the car I saw a yellow love letter on my windshield with a PCN. Oblivious to this being a staff car park I contested the PCN 🙊 (...I know .. )

Weeks later I got a reply from the heartless case worker who basically said too bad, you have 14 days now to pay the reduced amount of £40. 

Attached are all the files, is there any advice you have for me? Should i just pay it? 

It's sad that even though I paid for parking in the wrong section and I had a letter showing I was in the hospital attending an appointment, that these devils still want to grab money. 

Thanks for reading and any advice would really be appreciated!

Regards,

chris

reply-to-appeal.pdf receipt-for-parking.pdf

windscreen pcn.pdf

• dx100uk changed the title to CP+ windscreen PCN - Paid via app but was in Staff permit area only - Nothants General Hospital

moved you to the private parking forum as this is nothing to do with any local authority nor is it a fine.

it is a speculative invoice and to all intent and purpose should have been IGNORED

and most certainly never appealed as you've dobbed yourself in as the driver now and removed all protection under POFA2012.

pers id ignore everything now until/unless you ever get a letter of claim.

please complete this:

Have you received a Parking Ticket? - Private Land Parking Enforcement - Consumer Action Group

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

as it would, an app doesn't know what car park of a complex you are in 

please do the link.

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

and they

Thanks so much for replying.

Sure, apologies for not completing before as I stupidly just uploaded the documents without completing this info:

1 The date of infringement?

01/12/21

2 Have you yet appealed to the parking company yet? [Y/N?]

YES (uploaded previously in initial post) ; I told them I had a valid ticket for that time paid for with JustPark app and using the parking code I saw on the parking meter nearby. 

Has there been a response?

YES ; They paused the "14 days half price" until they replied recently and said, unfortunately the charge is for parking in a staff only car park and the £40 half price was now counting down in terms of 14 days. I had no idea, it was raining, there was construction underway ...

Have you received a Notice To Keeper? (NTK) [must be received by you between 29-56 days]

NO

What date is on it?

n/a

Did the NTK provide photographic evidence?

no mention of any photo evidence

3 Did the NTK mention Schedule 4 of the Protection of Freedoms Act 2012 (PoFA) [Y/N?]

The response to my appeal mentioned POPLA and gave me a code

4 If you appealed after receiving the NTK,

did the parking company give you any information regarding the further appeals process?

[it is well known that parking companies will reject any appeal whatever the circumstances]

NO

5 Who is the parking company?

CP PLUS on the PCN ; appeal was replied to by GROUP NEXUS

6. Where exactly [Carpark name and town] did you park?

NORTHAMPTON GENERAL HOSPITAL

Await the ntk which should arrive between 29 -56 days.

As per that sticky you just filled out.

DX

and they

• 1 month later...

its what you were awaiting if you go back and read the sticky you filled out and re-read your thread from post 1.

the advice upon what to now do has already been advised

and they

Sorry for sounding daft, I read the sticky and the post but just wanted to confirm I got the message right. Would it be appropriate to take the chance now and not respond to the NTK? So just ignore all communication until I get a letter from a legal entity (court)?

Thanks again and apologies for asking 

On 02/01/2022 at 23:02, dx100uk said:

pers id ignore everything now until/unless you ever get a letter of claim.

On 04/01/2022 at 23:27, poustilaki said:

Thanks! So in your opinion do you think I should ignore communications until I get a letter of claim? Or would it be best to just pay the £40 (even though it pains me to say that)

On 04/01/2022 at 23:56, dx100uk said:

yes

god no!!

if you dont understand the above

then instead of disappearing for a month

it might of paid you to have used this time wisely..to read a good few 10's of threads in this very same forum as yours under our mantra of self help...

and they

Thanks. 

On a side note I didn't disappear, I was firstly waiting for the ntk which took ages to arrive and then I fell seriously ill. I also did read as much as I could but not all of the stories were exactly like mine so had doubts

i was hinting you didnt need to await the NTK to self help...

the course of these speculative invoice scams are in the majority exactly same process, you just appealed (as have many many others) etc before you came here and that's understandable but next time don't.

self helping will prevent any more mistakes going forward...

and if you also look for PCN threads with letter of claim or PAPLOC or LOC in their title too, you'll see what they look like and how to respond IF you ever get one.

but please never do anything further going forward without checking back here

dx

and they

The Notice to keeper  is out of date. 

If you didn't reveal who was driving when you appealed that means that they cannot transfer the debt from the driver to you the keeper. They have acknowledged this on the NTK by not mentioning that they could transfer the liability.

Now they can only take you to Court as the driver not the keeper. And they need to be put to strict proof who the driver was as they cannot assume in Court that the driver and the keeper are the same person.

so definitely do not contact them again so they cannot work out who the driver was.

• dx100uk changed the title to CP+ windscreen PCN - Paid via app but was in Staff permit area only - Northants General Hospital