Parkingeye ANPR PCN - Lidl's, Twyford Road, Eastleigh, Hants disabled

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 931 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Yes if Athena it really is Game Over for PE.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, hollysmum said:

Interestingly, the company name on the signs in the car park shows as "Athena", not ParkingEye......

where are you getting this from?

proof please

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

I'm going to go and check the signs for myself, DX, as the person who forwarded the picture of the sign took it from Streetview, he told me eventually, which photographed the signs in 2018.  I'm not going to rely on this, therefore.

somehow i thought that was the case....

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Please also take photos of the sign at the entrance as well as any signs inside the car park especially any that are different. Please take them from a distance where we can read them and if there is a payment machine, the sign on the machine or very close to it that explains their T&Cs for the machine.

Well steer clear of car parks involving VCS as they are worse than Parking Eye.

It is unusual for Parking Eye to get their dates wrong though it could have been the Post office delivery service at fault. Might be worth writing to the DVLA to see when they wrote for your details as it has not been unknown for the parking companies to  enter an incorrect date which  would kill their case against you completely.

I don't think they got their dates wrong, lookinforinfo - the PCN was dated 15th October, and the charge pertained to 7th October.  Lidl's head office has said we need to appeal to the parking company, won't even consider arranging a cancellation, but we have also written to the manager of the Lidl store itself, and are waiting on a response.  

Good morning, everyone! 

I managed to get to the Eastleigh Lidl's store yesterday, and took some pictures of the signage.  All of them are situated quite high up the posts. 

90 minutes is the maximum free parking time if you are a Lidl's customer, and you have to put your registration number into a terminal inside the store, having first scanned your receipt. 

The signs do all display the name ParkingEye, and not Athena (it seems they were the previous parking company). 

I emailed the local council about any permissions required and they have told me it's absolutely nothing to do with them, as this is private land, not council land.  No further there, then. 

My current thoughts are that my father either neglected to scan his receipt, for some reason, entered up his registration incorrectly, or both, or that the terminals are naff, which isn't unheard of. 

Either way, the transaction for his shopping will show up on his bank statement, so we are now waiting for that to arrive, and it can be shown to Lidl's/ParkingEye as proof that he was indeed a customer. 

I'm hoping that my pics will upload here OK.  I've tried to zoom in so that the wording is readable. 

Lidl signage Oct 2021.pdf

Edited by dx100uk
spacing

10 minutes ago, hollysmum said:

I emailed the local council about any permissions required and they have told me it's absolutely nothing to do with them, as this is private land, not council land.  No further there, then. 

which of course is totally wrong, no planning permission creates and illegal and criminal contract enforcement issue should PE raise a court claim.

and they

That's really interesting, DX100 - I will bear this in mind.  This is what the council actually said:

"Unfortunately, the car park at Coles Close is not owned by the Council. It is privately owned and managed by Lidl Stores Ltd. This means that they are able to commission their own parking enforcement companies to monitor parking in their car park. If you have queries about the legitimacy of a parking notice received for Coles Close car park, I would advise you to either contact Lidl Customer Care or Parking Eye themselves."

but the signs and poles and the ANPR cameras and poles must be granted planning permission by the council .

its in numerous threads here regarding this.

office junior im afraid, we often se this .

FYI: i've properly redacted the PCN earlier in your thread and its now viewable for people.

pers id simply await if / when PE send a letter of claim now.

its also worthy to note that NO-ONE can vary the original parking permission which is usually 2-3hrs granted at the time of build application to the council, they would also need permission from the council to do this ,

all of these points are regardless to it being private land, the relevant council STILL control planning variations, and must permit them, this inc signs, poles, cameras and variance of parking time from that originally granted at build time.

and they

Superb work.

PE don't have a leg to stand on.  They are trying to charge your dad for staying for 67 minutes, yet their signs are for 90 minutes' free parking! 

They will send threatening reminder letters which are to be ignored, when they send a Letter before Claim/Letter Before Action you'll give them both barrels. 

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Morning, FTMDave - well, let's hope that this will be sorted as soon as my father's bank statement comes through.  My sister and I just can't rule out that he inadvertently didn't scan his receipt and put in his registration - he is 90, after all, bless him - but yes, it's this 1 hour and seven minutes that gets me, too!! 

Is the registration number on the PCN correct?

Check it carefully, the fleecers' ANPR camera might have messed up and mistaken

0 for O

1 for l

5 for S

or vice versa.

But there is enough to send them away if they are silly, Parking Eye have been caught out with no Planning before, when they were part of capita.

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

Capita?  Oh, the mere mention of that shower makes me want to scream!!  My job means that I have to deal with them on a regular basis.  As you say, though, brassnecked, the more ammo the better, even if you don't ultimately need to use it.

dont forget they are not claiming overstay but zero permit.

once proof of shopping on the day from bank statement showing lidl then it will be game over.

as a ps does he not use the lidl app to get the discounts on items and scan his qr code on exit at the till?

dx

and they

He never even takes his mobile phone, dx, we've been nagging him for years to take it everywhere, and it stays permanently on the kitchen worktop........!  And yes, once his bank statement arrives, showing the transaction, I hope very much it will be game over.  

:yo:

and they