Bristow & Sutor and Council Bus Lane - 1st we knew Was their letter!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 993 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

my daughter had a letter off Bristow & Sutor for apparently driving over the line of a bus lane with a local council.

she has emailed them telling them that my husband has major health issues and am classed as vulnerable due to my mental health state and my and him being on his 5th heart attack and waiting for a emergency heart op.

My Daughter has just changed jobs as she was a carer and caught covid twice and has been stressed in case she passes it on to her father, was on the sick with depression and given medication so she is vulnerable and we had to get the police to find her as she was going to self harm, thankfully she is getting better and as started a new job.

she stated that only thing she owns is a car on finance and a contract phone and a old laptop, they have emailed her now saying they want proof my husband and her are vulnerable and she needs to pay the £100 odd fine otherwise they will add another £285 for a home visit

surely they cannot call if there are vulnerable people in the household

I look forward to your help

Regards Mrs DCA-KING

Please Tip My Scales if Info was Use full

so has she received anything else from the council etc etc prior to the visit by busted and stupid?

if not why not, is her car registered to an address she no longer lives at?

this is IMPORTANT.

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

good.

see needs to file a PE2/3 tomorrow ASAP.

read the above link and ALL IT's POSTS carefully please.

that should sort things out, ignore busted and stupid they'll get called off.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• dx100uk changed the title to Bristow & Sutor and Council Bus Lane - 1st we knew Was their letter!

Filing an Out of Time Statutory Declaration is doomed to fail unless your daughter is able to establish a REASON as to why she had not received any of the previous notices from the council.

There would have been 3 letters; a Penalty Charge Notice, a Charge Certificate and an Order for Recovery. If it is the case that the car had been correctly registered (at your address), then there should be no reason why she would not have received any of the notices. It really is important for her to contact the council to ask them to confirm the exact address and post code where their notices were being sent. 

Regarding 'vulnerability', if it is the case that your daughter can provide some evidence of HER vulnerability, then in most cases, this would allow the enforcement company to pass her account to their in-house Welfare Department. This should avoid a personal (and the debt increasing by £235). A payment arrangement can then be set up. 

Just because somebody claims to be vulnerable is not sufficient to stop enforcement. Evidence is usually needed. 

Edited by Bailiff Advice