Bankruptcy, CRAs and Default notices

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1043 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all, spent the last hour navigating round the site for answers :-(

forgive me if this is the wrong place to post this enquiry.

In October 2014, due to ill health and having to give up a very well paid job, I couldn't satisfy my debts, before illness I could easily afford car payments etc.  I was advised  by my IFA that bankruptcy would be the only way forward. March 2015, I went through the process of declaring myself bankrupt, a very soul destroying process I have to say.

I recently had occasion to check my credit score through Transunion, Equifax and Experian, and find that most of my old debts have disappeared from my report apart from 2 from O2 and one from FGA (for car loan),  They appear to have issued continuous default notices and renewing the entry every year. 

The first default notice from FGA appeared 2 months after the Bankruptcy, and the notices from O2 7 Months after,  I have written to FGA twice and have had no reply and O2 want a certificate of Discharge which cost £70, something I can;t afford.  I've been trying for weeks to resolve this an getting nowhere, can anyone help please

How did you apply for you Bankruptcy...if it was done on line there is no fee for the certificate of discharge.

Also ....

Your discharge from bankruptcy will happen automatically, so you won't necessarily get proof sent to you.

Email the Insolvency Service [email protected] to get a free confirmation letter. You should only ask for this after the discharge date.

https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/debt-and-money/debt-solutions/bankruptcy-2/after-you-go-bankrupt/discharge-from-bankruptcy/

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

also i believe under the IVA rules a debt should be marked as defaulted in its summary on or before the IVA start date. not just D in the calendar section.

the debts should not be showing at all.

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi Andy, I applied online but was required to go to court and and give them relevant paperwork and feel

All my credit card card debts for three cards no longer show, just O2 for "loan" and outstanding amount for service charge,

I disputed this at the time as I was able to pay the service charge monthly call charges if you like, but they refused and disconnected my number as they pulled the plug i didn't consider that I was liable for any future charges. 

FGA have just today renewed the entry on equifax, the CRAs should Chase this in my opinion as it appears to me to be a false entry.

so you bought a phone too from o2?

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

opps sorry i was on a small screen an thought IFA was IVA..:lol:

i believe the rules are the same though

all debts must be marker defaulted (I'e same as issuing a Default Notice) on or before BK .

the CRA's should know this if you provide proof of BK and everything should be removed.

and they

Hi thanks for the info, I'm still struggling,

I have a letter of discharge so discharge was one calendar year of bankruptcy.

What is confusing for me is that there are notices of default with the CRAs that are after the date of my bankruptcy but before I was discharged.  I was under the impression that default notices can't be issued after the bankruptcy date.  I could do with some clarification on this if possible.

I have written to the CRAs and they tell me it is up to the client (My  Creditors) to add remove entries.  However if those entries should be there how can I bypass the (creditors and insist the CRAs remove the entries?

Sorry if I seem a bit hapless it is worrying me as the years are creeping up on me and I don't want any issues on my credit report should anything happen to me.

Thanks again

Kind regards

Ken

might be worth just letting them know you were declared bankrupt, case number, date and court it was heard in...

and the discharge notice 

demand they remove all trace of any debt that was within the BK, tell them they have 14 days or you will raise a serious complaint with the ICO and seek financial damage.

it is NOT solely down the the named creditor, though you could hit them with the threat first.

and they