Virgin Media Cancellation Fee

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1045 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, My daughter is a customer with Virgin and going to be moving house in the next couple of weeks due to a marriage break up.

Her new address is not covered by Virgin media, she is around 6 months into her contract and they are looking for a fee of around £240 this seems excessive and is there anything she can do about is as it seems she is paying for a service that she can't use.

This surprises me. I thought all of these providers accepted the cancellation of their contracts if they were unable to provide a service at a new address.

Have you checked the terms and conditions?

just ignore them.

theres no such thing as a cancellation fee and most certainly not for a service they can no longer supply .

just watch for them trashing her credit file unfairly.

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Agreed, if they can't service the area YD is moving into, then there is no cancellation fee, if they insist then start their tedious complaints procedure, just cancel the DD or standing order, and if she ever used her bank/credit card to pay them, then ensure the bank cancels the CPA they have on it.

I'm guessing that she spoke to one of the phone drones and not via letter?

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

COMMUNITY.VIRGINMEDIA.COM

I am moving home and virgin cannot provide broadband at my new address, so they want me to charge early contract cancellation fees. I already...

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Ludicrously  yes , they cant break the contract because they offered to serve the original house for the minimum contract term whether she resides there or not...even though they offer a house moving service. Its not their fault they are not available in the new area and it was your daughters choice to move home mid contract.

This whole minimum term contract nonsense really needs to be clamped down on by the regulator as it is its a win win position for the likes of the telecom industry, lets hope they treat your daughter with some discretion but I wouldn't hold my breath.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Sadly I think you are right. 

If she moved to another house in a virgin area they wouldn't make her pay up the rest of the contract just asked her to do another contract seems very unfair.