Car Hub Birmingham LTD T/A Car Central - **My problem was resolved.**

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 916 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I await with interest what the dealer’s solicitors feel (& if they point out actions for defamation require “long pockets”….)

They might also highlight the “Streisand effect”

Will we get to hear if there is an Arkell v Pressdram moment?

• Haha 1

Bazaa S, 

please don’t concern yourself with our Solicitors correspondence.

I appreciate your advice, however you do not know the full version of events.

For a seemingly intelligent person, you let yourself down with your sarcasm.

Edited by Sayitasitis
Incorrect

What sarcasm?

you confused libel and slander: to do so can make it look like you haven’t taken / listened to legal advice.

Your legal advisors can confirm actions for defamation can get expensive, and “messy”.  The Streisand effect is real, and is a risk when you post and threaten “legal”.

The Defamation Act applies, with S5’s provision for defences for website operators

“Arkell v Pressdram” may not be a leading authority, but Arkell did get a reply.

Mind you, if you are accusing me of sarcasm but if you then can’t substantiate that …. what impact on people’s trust in your posts do you feel that will have?

(I’m unlikely to threaten to sue for defamation, BTW, for all the reasons I’ve mentioned!!)

Page whoever you desire, however, this thread isn’t about you, I’ve thanked you for your advice, and I’ve highlighted that we intend to pursue legal advice regardless of your ‘advice’

Ive also stated you know the bare minimum of the events which have been posted by one person, an intelligent person would know there is always more than one version of events.

What was publicly posted about our company was inappropriate and should not have been posted, I’ll leave it to our solicitors to decide what they wish to determine it as.

As for the Kangeroo Court that has gone on in this thread, unbelievable!!!

Nothing more to add.

I bid you Goodnight.

Funnily enough, we agree on at least one thing : that you should take legal advice.

Your solicitors may well make the same points I’ve made re: the Defamation Act, and defamation cases in general.

You might chose to listen when they say it, (if only because you’ll be paying them for it….), whereas my advice is free, gratis (but not paid, formal legal advice) …. You “pays your money, and takes your choice”

Oh, and you still haven’t highlighted where you feel I’ve been sarcastic (which you might wish to if you are intending to claim “fair comment” and/or intend to be viewed as a fair and reasoned contributor….. you made the accusation: don’t you want to justify it?)

Edited by BazzaS

“Nothing more to add”

”I bid you goodnight”

Then posts again. Clearly feeling that they did have more to add……

Are you trying to give the impression that you have a good grasp of the legal issues (‘slander vs libel’, Defamation cases being expensive and messy….), and giving a clear and consistent message (‘nothing more to add”, then adding more…..”)

If you get one more such victory, beware the Battle of Asculum!!

You repeatedly asked me a question which I politely answered.

You seem to want to take over this thread, which is quite amusing, given you know absolutely nothing other than one persons comments!

As you love to quote legal cases so much, please feel free to continue, but rest assured, now I have answered your question which you badgered me to answer, then give a condescending reply, I really will not be responding to you any longer.

Thank you for all your advice, some useful, some not.

Good Evening

The great thing about CAG is it is a resource.

Threads exist to help the parties to an issue, but also stand to help others.

Others who may have a similar issue, or even those who might want to research a business to answer “do I want to part with my ‘hard earned’ to that firm”?.

I’m glad your responses here will stand so people can make up their own minds, not only to the OP’s post(s), (which may yet get adjudged in court), but (potentially more significantly!) based also on how you’ve responded…….

For me, my opinion (based purely on the posts here on a ‘reasonably held belief’ basis) is that someone posting saying they are posting on behalf of Car Hub Birmingham LTD T/A Car Central, has accused me of sarcasm but hasn’t then backed that up (with where / why).

BF, has that poster confirmed they are in fact authorised to represent the views of Car Hub Birmingham LTD T/A Car Central ……?

Edited by BazzaS

Well, what a kerfuffle!

My experience with legal issues are let the legal people do their job. I'm sure your solicitor would advise against not posting on here.

I posted my problem and received good, free advice. My problem was resolved.

I'm more than happy to support my case with evidence and supporting documentation. As always, there is more to add and two sides to every story. 

• dx100uk changed the title to Car Hub Birmingham LTD T/A Car Central - **My problem was resolved.**