Tanzarelli V's Barclaycard

TANZARELLI
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6166 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 312
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Bill

would say this week, prob since Monday. i am sure it was a letter that they confirmed the y held dated for six years post account closure and i was certain it was related to Barclay's/Barclaycard.

i might even have posted something on it, but right now i am subscribed to over 100 threads and i delete loads of subscriptions every few days because otherwise i cant keep tabs on the ones that are current.

Now i cant find the damn thread, ahhh.

Glenn

Kick the shAbbey Habit

Where were you? Next time please

Abbey 1st claim -Charges repaid, default removed, interest paid (8% apr) costs paid, Abbey peed off; priceless

Abbey 2nd claim, two Accs - claim issued 30-03-07

Barclaycard - Settled cheque received

Egg 2 accounts ID sent 29/07

Co-op Claim issued 30-03-07

GE Capital (Store Cards) ICO says theyve been naughty

MBNA - Settled in Full

GE Capital (1st National) Settled

Lombard Bank - SAR sent 16.02.07

MBNA are not your friends, they will settle but you need to make sure its on your terms -read here

Glenn Vs MBNA

Tanz

my thought was it was barclaycard but i cannot be certain i have posted something but have not had a response yet.

glenn

Kick the shAbbey Habit

Abbey 1st claim -Charges repaid, default removed, interest paid (8% apr) costs paid, Abbey peed off; priceless

MBNA - Settled in Full

MBNA are not your friends, they will settle but you need to make sure its on your terms -read here

Glenn Vs MBNA

Still on hold with this as pc playing up. Engineer supposed to be coming today but when I phoned at 11am they told me that the parts were on back order. Got to wait a few more days to get mine back up and running as cant access files due to motherboard or memory packed up. Went to pc world to try and get them to get file from pc and there was a 2 week diary backlog.

So all me stuff is in limbo. Next real deadline is LTSB AQ which should be ok if this old knackered pc doesnt totally pack up. Fingers crossed.

Will update soon

Hi there Tanz,after MUCH hassle from B'card i recieved the "as i gesture of goodwill we will send you your statements within 28 days" from Carl Nuttall,now i wrote to them with my original SAR on the 5th of November,what do i do now?Just wait my 28days or is there a way of speeding things up?Pleease try and help me,all the best-Craig

Hi there Tanz,after MUCH hassle from B'card i recieved the "as i gesture of goodwill we will send you your statements within 28 days" from Carl Nuttall,now i wrote to them with my original S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) on the 5th of November,what do i do now?Just wait my 28days or is there a way of speeding things up?Pleease try and help me,all the best-Craig

Hi craig,

You have already given them over 40 days so they have not complied, you can either send a non-compliance letter see here: http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/6986-data-protection-act-non.html

then after 7 days file for non-compliance see here: http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/6971-data-protection-act-non.html

Or you could ring Adrian Whally head of Barclaycard Date Protection Unit, his mobile is 07920267281

Hope that helps.

Hi again,iv just spoke to Carl Nuttal who told me that due to a ruling on the 1st of December,Barclayacrd were given a further 28days to respond to customers SAR,i asked when they recieved my second letter asking for this and they tolod me it was the 4th of Feb so he told me that they have 28days from that date to send them! Does that make sense?-Craig

THere is no provision in the Act as far as i am aware for extension to the statutory period allowed for complaince with a SAR.

If carl works for Barclays then ask him which bit of law is being applied?

THe 40 days is set out in the law its your right to get your data. Barlcyas problems are a matter for themselves and no one else. The ICO doesnt have the authroity to change the law or give extensions of time to the statutory period unless you know of a section of the DPA that gives them that power.

HTH

Glenn

Kick the shAbbey Habit

MBNA - Settled in Full

Glenn Vs MBNA

Hi again,iv just spoke to Carl Nuttal who told me that due to a ruling on the 1st of December,Barclayacrd were given a further 28days to respond to customers S.A.R - (Subject Access Request),i asked when they recieved my second letter asking for this and they tolod me it was the 4th of Feb so he told me that they have 28days from that date to send them! Does that make sense?-Craig

Following on from what Glenn said (and excuse me for taking your thread of track Tanz), there's a bit you put in here that's been bugging me all day...."Barclaycard were given a further 28 days to response to customers".

Now if my memory serves me, I received a letter in repsonse back in December to a letter I wrote to them (stating that they now had to supply me with my statements) that basically implied that they were being given some leeway whilst they got their house in order due to the Information Commissioners Office's decision. They also included all the rubbish about lack of resources etc.

Well that was all it was....a temporary agreement AFAIK. So they can't now use this as a permanent excuse for not keeping within in the 40 days. This is dirty delaying tactics by Barclaycard if you ask me and I agree with what Glenn has said.

Craig, I would do what Glenn suggest but also raise this issue with the Information Commissioners Office. How long should the consumer expect Barclaycard to continue to use this as an excuse? Every other financial company (to the best of my knowledge) being targeted on this site manages to get the majority of it's S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) responses in on time, why should Barclaycard - THE UK'S LARGEST CREDIT CARD COMPANY LET US NOT FORGET - be allowed to get away with not having enough resources?

If my post has been useful, tip my scales and let me know

Always start with the User guide!

Stuck with RBS charges? Click here!!

RBS CA1 £2794 SETTLED!!! RBS CA2 £503 SETTLED!!! HBOS CC £498 SETTLED!!! Barclaycard £705 (with CCI) ONGOING!!! NATWEST CA ONGOING!!! LLOYDS CA x 2, CC, LOAN ONGOING!!! HFC LOAN ONGOING!!!

My prob is that I thought my Bcard was issued in 2000 but since doing a SAR with Barclays i have received a copy of my Credit application and it says 1996. However they seem to think that the charges were introduced in mid 2001. Also that the statements for 2000 and before were destroyed.

I cant really be bothered to keep on discussing this with them any more so have decided to claim for what I have got and then also claim my partners, as well as doing a second claim for barclays current account which is pre 2000 gonna get all this ready and send it on the same day so they get 3 prelims all from the same address on the same day.

This is my hit them hard campaign. lol

• Haha 1

Hi again people, just a quick update: I just spoke to Cral Nuttal and asked him which bit of law he is quoting when he says that Barclaycard have been given a further 28 days to send statements, he got quite angry and just quoted that the Infomation Commisioner have given them 28days from my 2nd letter asking for my data! I told him that i will be going to the I.C about this further delay unless i recieve my statements and he said something along the lines of 'Fine'! What do i do now people? I dont like the idea of going to court to get the info when they will probably be here within 3 weeks? Please help me with your advice...

Hi Tanz,this is what i sent on the 29th of Jan:

Dear Adrian Whalley

Account: 4929 **********

I am in receipt of the documents that you have supplied in response to my Data Protection Act information request dated 5th NOVEMBER 2006. The disclosure of personal data is incomplete in that at least the following documents are missing.

1) You have failed to provide a complete list of transactions and charges from December 1999 to May 2004

This is not an exhaustive list by any means, it is just an example of some of the information I am missing.

Accordingly, I have to tell you that you have not yet complied with your obligations under the Data Protection Act 1998.

The time for compliance with my request has now expired. If you do not comply fully with my Subject Access Request within 7 days, I shall apply to the County Court for an order to enforce compliance, together with damages at the discretion of the court.

Yours faithfully,

And a couple of days ago i got the letter from Carl Nuttal telling me that they will be with me in 28days!! What do you suggest next? Thankyou for your help-Craig:-(

Its up to you really, and I know hwat you mean about not going to court but it may be something you need to do if you wish to hurry things up. Then again you only have about 12 days and they may be here before that. If they then send incomplete stuff I would file as you have sent non compliance letter.

But again it is up to you.