Arrow global letters out the blue

montrano
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1185 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Morning guys, 

I moved home in August and have just received 2 letters from arrow global stating they've asked Cabot to manage 2 of my accounts. Ive never had any dealings with Arrow, so wont have given them my new address. 

The 2 accounts are with shop direct and CitiFinancial, which after a bit of searching online, appear to relate to Littlewoods accounts and Citibank loans and in which case, i did have both of those, but stopped paying them in 2007ish when i lost my job. 

Seems odd they're chasing me now after so long if they're my accounts and just after i move address. 

What would you suggest i do next, ignore them or ask them to prove they're my accounts. 

Good afternoon!

Yours is a very simple one which is great!!

If you stopped paying them in 2007, AND have definitely NOT paid them anything since, then these are Statute Barred and they are barking up the wrong tree.

Send them the SB letter in the library, 2nd class post and obtain ''proof of posting'' which is free from the PO counter.

Have you checked your credit file at all? Do these show on there?

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Thanks,

Theyre not showing on my current credit files, but i remembered i had some saved ones from over the years. 

They are showing on an experian report from 2013, having defaulted in September and October 2008.

So i guess theyre definitely my accounts, but have long been Statute barred

so send them our SB letter one for each from our debt collection section of our library

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

8 hours ago, Bazooka Boo said:

If you stopped paying them in 2007, AND have definitely NOT paid them anything since, then these are Statute Barred and they are barking up the wrong tree.

Not if there's a CCJ. Defaulted in October 2008 so it's possible that there is and it's still enforceable.

Edited by Will Goodfellow

• 2 weeks later...