Paid for Lenses over a month ago...**FINALLY GOT**

cheddar
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6343 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

As suspected, I'm not getting anywhere fast! There's all sorts of conflicts of opinion just between my contacts. There was an EU regulation which suggested that jurisdiction should be where the consumer resides, stating as follows:

The new Article 5,1 of the Brussels I Regulation offers some clarification by specifying that, unless otherwise agreed, the place of performance of the obligation shall be:

“in the case of the sale of goods, the place in a Member State where, under the contract, the goods were delivered or should have been delivered;

in the case of the provision of services, the place in a Member State where, under the contract, the services were provided or should have been provided”.

In other words, the place of performance of the contract will thus be the place where the online purchaser downloads the relevant purchase information and not the place where this information was initially loaded or sent from.

Trouble is, Jersey isn't part of the EU. The only case law I can find so far is US case law, which went in the defendant's favour (the trader).

I guess we're still waiting for that landmark precedent to be set in cases like this one.

Please note I'm not insured in this capacity, so if you need to, do get official legal advice.

Tried to get someone at TS today but they said the person who would have knowledge about this isn't back till mon/tue so will wait for them. In the meantime i sent the lovely Andrew another e-mail pointing out the details of the SOGA and his poor info and lies on his site and said if this was ignored then I would have to send him a LBA.

Get one back today saying that sorry for on reply servers been down (hmm) and that they deem the item as lost have gathered my order again and will let me know when it has been shipped....heres waiting lol!

Ex CAG helper ^_^

I've mentioned this to Jersey TS, they quite often intervene on behalf of consumers - even those in the UK, since the laws are different - so it might well be worth getting in touch with them too.

Please note I'm not insured in this capacity, so if you need to, do get official legal advice.

• 2 weeks later...

Just thought I would update this, I sent an e-mail basically pointing out the SOGA, didn't get a reply and sent another e-mail saying that LBA would be posted by end of the day. He got back to me within a matter of minutes to say the order was being processed again.

That was about a couple of days after i last posted here and i got the lenses early this week.

:D

Ex CAG helper ^_^

LOL Bookie...

Have a great Day ... Eat too Much , Drink Too Much and enjoy the Day..

Ian

Lloyds TSB -PPI - Full refund . 05/09/06 :D:p (As Seen on TV) :p

Halifax settled in Full.. :D 22/09/06

TSB First Claim SETTLED IN FULL 19/10/06 :D

Second Claim to Lloyds TSB - Settled in Full

Firstplus - early settlement interest charges - Challenged the use of the rule of 78 - SETTLED IN FULL 12/1/07

PPI - GE Money / Purpleloans / Firstplus - Now Settled after 1 year long hard fight.

If my post has helped you, please click the scales! :grin:

Anything said is my opinion and how I understand the law, always consult professional legal advice before taking something to court.