• Tweets

• Standard form being sent to large numbers of claimants. Just answer as the form asks.  No need to  go into any detail, unless the forms asks for specific details of how health impacts on daily activities. If you are worried contact Citizens Advice as they are experts with PIP, as they are trained to understand what evidence is required for assessments.
    • Resume payments with the debt collectors? You say not to pay dca though do you not? 
    • yes they mostly would be enforceable, but that wasnt the point. even if they get a CCJ the very worst they could have done is get a restriction k which is useless to them. doesnt hurt anything. the CCJ would remain on file for 6yrs yes, but then gone same as a DN. the rest k charge does not show at all. and even so, the idea was to get your debts issued a default notice ASAP, them RESUME payments.. the advise is NOT conflicting, just you don't read things properly or understand.  oh well. dx
    • This is the dilemma I had then and still have it. The bit that stopped me was the post 2015 comments about them being enforceable now in most instances which I feel hasn’t been answered unless I am missing something. the bonus I guess is not all credit agreements now will be chasing me so less people chasing me down so to speak. this is the problem as there is conflicting messaging out there it is hard to plan a strategic way forward 
    • In 2017 my wife was given PIP and I finally, officially, became her carer. In 2019 she was reviewed and we were told it would be done by phone to make it easier for her as she has mobility issues and anxiety. The review was very simple, Has anything changed? No, ok, we'll stay as you are then. In 2022 a second review, this time by phone again but with an awkward given at the end for 5 years. Today, we got a new review letter (I know wait lists are bad, but I dont think the wait will take til 2027 for a decision). We're a bit confused because it's a letter, not a phone call as before. The form is just questions that ask "has anything changed" Now, since 2017, nothing has changed except we had our home adapted via disability grant. This was noted in the phone calls. So we should really write that nothing has changed in the last 2 years. The adaptations have been mentioned in both previous phone reviews, but not in writing so I guess we should bring it up. But we feel that they want us to explain everything as if it were a new claim again... And are worried if we miss something in the original claim or the phone calls she will risk losing part of the award (a 2 point swing could be really bad) It does just say "has anything changed?" But in dealing with ESA prior to getting PIP, answering the question asked "has your condition worsened or improved" at a review process with a simple "no, I'm still the same" somehow led to ESA ending and needing appeal. So just want a bit of guidance. How much detail is needed? Is minimal ok? Or should we be blunt with the fact nothing has changed, and bullet point the things she struggles with in each section?   I know the obvious thing is to just explain it all,but over 10 years the sheer amount of times the poor woman has had ESA or PIP stopped/refused just because something was missed out in their report, or they felt it meant a new claim should be made, or that they judged her healthy because we missed a tiny thing in our forms. During COVID it finally seemed like it was all just going to be smooth, especially with the phone reviews and the 5 year reward, but here we are. We just want to make sure we have the least chance to trip ourselves up, but making sure we have what is expected if you get me? I wish I still had a copy of the forms from 2017, because I could just verbatim copy them and add in about the adaptation, but (ironically) we lost our photocopies we kept of them when the house was being adapted
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

SPML/LMC anyone claimed for mis selling and unfair charges?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1124 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi - Ive been looking at an old letter from spml which says: if you have any queries to make them to: Middle Key Mortgages Ltd, aquick search shows them to be at the identical address to the solicitors for spml being, 10 Duke Street Liverpool L1 5AS. How stupid to not notice that in all this time! Never heard of them.

ever since our fourth appearance in court, fighting a suspended repo...we seemed to have had something that has kept crapstone / spml at arms length ive always had a gut feeling there was something in the court bundle given to the judge and the solicitor acting on spml/capstones behalf!! It was quite boldly printed on the mortgage contract (i use the word contract loosely!) quite boldly printed along spmls logos/ letterheaded paper was another company name, this company i never quite understood where they fitted into the picture, we used a broker, whom used a packager (who have now been merged into a building society down south) but not once was the company whos name is printed on my paperwork, ever mentioned!!

Untill today, its all slotting into place quite nicely...just need to do some more detective work...but i will post the following links and let you all digest and offer your own comments.

http://www.ise.ie/debt_documents/eurosail_6688.pdf around page 19/20/21

and

Brand and deliver article by john prust the then spml sales and marketing director

ANYBODY WHO NEEDS INFO ON YOUR LEHMANS MORTGAGE

either SPML/PML/LMC/SPPL; the following are DIRECT tel#s,

of the investigating & prosecuting organisations: DONOT say you are from CAG-only directly affected or a concerned citizen.

1. Companies House: Kevin Hughes(Compliance Manager-main) @ 02920 380 633

2. CH : Lee Jenkins(prosecuting Amany Attia(MD) for SPML/PML) @ 02920 380 643

3. CH : Mark Youde(accounts compliance) @ 02920 380 955

4. Companies Investigation Branch(CIB) : Charlotte Allan @ 0207 596 6108

(part of the Insolvency Service) investigating all the Lehman lenders

5. CIB : Jeremy Pilcher('unofficial'-consumer/company lawyer) : @ 0207 637 6231

File YOUR 'Companies Investigation Branch'- CIB complaint online NOW!!!!

http://www.insolvency.gov.uk/complaintformcib.htm

Well it's looking like the new (and not so new) kids on the block have picked up the ball and ran 79 metres towards the try line. Now all that needs to be done is someone to stick it between the posts and then have Jonny kick it over.

Excellent work peeps. A vet in awe...

Having looked at this (and other arguments) thousands of times over, there is nothing I can think of that can sink this. However a word of caution. I KNOW that our bent judges will do whatever they can to prevent this. Good luck to all on your chosen course of action.

PS SUE... Can you please advise further on the regulatory lacuna that seems to exist for SPPL loans OVER 25K taken out before commencement of the CCA 2006. Unregulated means regulated by the FSMA 2000 surely?

Keep the faith. EiE.

Capstone Mortgage 'Services' - Sub-prime garbage - unlawful behaviour/MULTIPLE consumer abuse, TOTALLY in Defiance of REGULATIONS and the law

http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pubs/final/gmac_rfc.pdf

CONTACT CIB Here

http://www.insolvency.gov.uk/Complaintformcib.Htm

Kevin Hughes(Compliance Manager-main) @ 02920 380 633

Lee Jenkins(prosecuting Amany Attia) 02920 380 643

Mark Youde(accounts compliance) 02920 380 955

Charlotte Allan @ 0207 596 6108 investigating all the Lehman lenders

Jeremy Pilcher 0207 637 6231

NO KAGGA LEFT BEHIND...

"We would not seek a battle, as we are; Nor, as we are, we say we will not shun it"

B-0-2

You simply can't leave it at that!:D

Who was the other company?

Keep the faith. EiE.

Capstone Mortgage 'Services' - Sub-prime garbage - unlawful behaviour/MULTIPLE consumer abuse, TOTALLY in Defiance of REGULATIONS and the law

CONTACT CIB Here

NO KAGGA LEFT BEHIND...

"We would not seek a battle, as we are; Nor, as we are, we say we will not shun it"

PS SUE... Can you please advise further on the regulatory lacuna that seems to exist for SPPL loans OVER 25K taken out before commencement of the CCA 2006. Unregulated means regulated by the FSMA 2000 surely?

Good Evening EIE

No unregulated means that they were not regulated by either the CCA or FSMA.

The Mortgage Code established in 1997 was a voluntary code although more than 150 lenders and 13000 intermediary firms covering virtually the entire market were registered under it. However consumer protection stepped up a gear in October 2004. The regulation of most mortgage sales is now overseen by the Financial Services Authority FSA.

The Financial Services Authority FSA has a strict definition of what it calls a regulated mortgage contract. To qualify as a regulated mortgage contract the borrower must be an individual or trustee and the property must be at least occupied by the borrower or a member of his/her immediate family. In April 2007 the regulations were extended to include home reversion plans.

The definition of mortgage does not cover the following:

• buy-to-let mortgages unless the tenant is a member of the borrowers immediate family or the borrower intends to occupy the property at some stage;
  • second charge loans; and
  • loans to companies except in the case of trustees.

Hi - Ive been looking at an old letter from spml which says: if you have any queries to make them to: Middle Key Mortgages Ltd, aquick search shows them to be at the identical address to the solicitors for spml being, 10 Duke Street Liverpool L1 5AS. How stupid to not notice that in all this time! Never heard of them.

Hi - so it seems that Middle Key are run by Phil Roberts who has 'chat' on internet about his solicitors Wilson, Cowie & Dillon, being a desk away from him, and seems to have various other companies at this address including Phil Roberts Property Ltd etc etc., so he must have some interest despite my knowing it and therefore some money changed hands - whats the betting??

wow this is a bit of a long topic bit too much to read but i guess these guys been underhanded? This worries me as my house got repossed 4 years ago by these guys. I went to court and the judge said i had to pay #xxx per month. I couldnt afford it, and he awarded repo to these guys. I now wonder why i wasnt asked for incomings or outgoings o fmy earnings...oh well guess to late now eh

Guest MamaG1

Hi actionnotwords,

So what does this mean if I had an unregulated mortgage agrement from SPML?? to me an how is this advantangeous or beneficial to me. Sorry I may be sounding really clueless!!. I got dis missold mortgage from SPML in 2004, the early part before October, when the regulations by the FSA Started.

In the meantime following my letter to the debt collection agency. I got a letter back from the debt collection agency DLC saying

" Thank you for your recent letter

We have referred the matter to our client and we will contact you again when we receive their reply".

Your sincereley.

Name

Team leader.

What do you advise I do.

I did not know that these banks can come after you after they have repossed your home, what on earth is this all about. they shaft u with hefty rates on misold mortgages, steal so much money off u wreck u, then take the house and then also come after u??

Pleas advise!!!.

Just to let u all know - My tread has been moved to repossesions, please update or advise here too, I will be on both here and mine.

Edited by MamaG1
to complete

B-0-2

You simply can't leave it at that!:D

Who was the other company?

;)

watch this space!!

of the investigating & prosecuting organisations: DONOT say you are from CAG-only directly affected or a concerned citizen.

Hi B-O-2

pm? Pretty please with sugar on top you stingy so and so?

:D

Keep the faith. EiE.

CONTACT CIB Here

NO KAGGA LEFT BEHIND...

Hi B-O-2

pm? Pretty please with sugar on top you stingy so and so?

:D

condsider it already done!!:D

MamaG1

Just wait and see what their reply is and in the meantime the relevant applicable legislation can be researched.

In litigation I was always taught that defence is far easier and more cost effective so if they decide to instigate litigation against you which is an"if" at this stage you can then issue a defence and counterclaim,this buys you time for research and the costs are minimal.

Edited by actionnotwords

I offer apologies if my posts suggest any ambiguity but rather than splitting hairs when faced with possible ruinous litigation of 100k plus where the defence would be a possible misselling issue it is far more cost effective to defend an action on this basis rather than to instigate the actual claim and litigation.(on court fees alone) It goes without saying that in most cases if you lose you pay the other sides costs .I hope this offers clarification.

enoughisenough

the queries you asked yesterday in your request to suetonius regarding regulation were discussed at length commencing in or around your post #2457

This was some 5 months ago about page 123

Edited by actionnotwords

OK as said got 90,000 running on this. Solicitors are careful as they will be accountable if money goes through wrong hands so suggesting they take responsability if they go through Capstone??? is this ok or what? Seling my home for 17 years so be careful. GE and SPPl put me in this situation remember.

WHERE ARE AL OF YOU? I am selling my home of 17 years and dont know of yet if we can rent? ALL my house is in boxes with nowhere to go. we may be homeless if we cant get rented Tennants agreement pending fo me and my husband 19yr old son 22 year old daughter nad her boyfriend who knows our situation 30 yrs old ALL ON TENNANTS AGREEMENT. So if this does not go through can we live with you? Ive put my guts through this site I wont be left on the streets with ALL my family. Come on all is helpful. Have you all gone?

WHERE ARE AL OF YOU? I am selling my home of 17 years and dont know of yet if we can rent? ALL my house is in boxes with nowhere to go. we may be homeless if we cant get rented Tennants agreement pending fo me and my husband 19yr old son 22 year old daughter nad her boyfriend who knows our situation 30 yrs old ALL ON TENNANTS AGREEMENT. So if this does not go through can we live with you? Ive put my guts through this site I wont be left on the streets with ALL my family. Come on all is helpful. Have you all gone?

Have you got a thread you can link us to please jetli?

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

I'm sorry jetli, but I've just looked at your threads and the one on eviction was updated on February 20th.

I'm not familiar with your circumstances and want to help if I can.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Seen all of these WOT do you expect my Solicitor has to make of this??? As people on here have to say I have to b careful. You can stay in your home I CANT PEOPLE WHO HAVE BOUGHT MY HOUSE COMPLEATED LAST THURSDAY! they are waiting to move in as with family (Old couple!!) I need to make 2 Mortgage paymets which I cant so HE HO need to go even though it breaks my heart. BUT SPPl and GE for your ref want there money, as said our Solicitors to delay coz of all of this, so will bend over gracefully and accept all GE nd SPPL have to give and hopefully beat them further down the line once they are OUT OF MY LIFE. XX

Edited by jetli

I've looked at your thread regarding eviction and believe it would be better if we try and look at this on that thread. I have no ideata what your solicitor will make of this.

As I see it, the main thing that you are concerned about is the roof over your head. Rather than lose your own personal info on this thread can we move here.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/mortgages-secured-loans/246906-help-sppl-going-eviction-5.html#post2779606

Jetli

it seems you are venting your anger and frustrations at the wrong people, as caro says we are not all familiar with your circumstances, the people that assisted you a while ago are not on the thread t the moment, so in the meantime if you can briefly let the people that aare know what specific help and advice you are looking for, then im sure we will try our upmost to help.

And yes i know what you are going through at this moment in time.