Parcel2Go Insurance Money Claim

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1552 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, it is my intention to make a money claim against  Parcel2Go for a damaged parcel on which I paid for their enhanced cover to the value of £995.00.

After opening a claim with them and submitting photographs of the smashed contents and packaging and proof of value I was refunded £17.41 as a goodwill gesture which I was told was the carriage fee. With enhanced cover I had in fact paid £74.11 to Parcel2Go to safely  deliver a pair of resin candlesticks from the Uk to France.

Their reason for not honouring my full claim was that the candlesticks came under the category of ornaments which are protected against loss only.

I then emailed a letter before action on 22/01/20 arguing that candlesticks are in fact a household item with a practical purpose and that they are also  decorative does not make them an ornament.  I added my feelings that the Parcel2Go practice of bombarding customers with pop ups prompting and persuading and pushing customers to take out additional insurance cover is tantamount to theft given their extensive prohibited and not protected list when they will attempt to assign any category to an item to void a claim. 

I received a reply on 27/01/20 opening with sincere apologies for the service I had received on this occasion and that after reviewing my letter before action my case had been reopened and passed to a higher management team to review further and the writer should get back to me on Friday with an update. 

Friday has been and gone with no update. Current status of my claim shows as:-

January 27th 2020, 4:57 pmRequest CommercialA manager from claims team has request a commercial director to sign off your claim

I would really appreciate all and any advice on moving forward with a money claim against this company please as soon as 14  days have elapsed from my letter before action

Thank you

AF02FB58-8ABE-4D85-8354-EBEEA4D15E01.thumb.png.1b30091189b91319d72301cda4915e27.png