itsamomentintime v Abbey ** WON **

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5526 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My claim is for a total of £4751.67 inclusive of charges, interest, S69 interest and £120 court fee. And while they're phaffing around it is rising by 86p a day :)

Settled at 50%

Clydesdale £155. Should have been £310 charges, plus interest :( Husbands Account.

SETTLED IN FULL:

MBNA £1230. For Hubby.

Halifax £39.

RBS £342. For Hubby.

Cap One £200.

Abbey:

:D Settled in FULL April 18th 2007. £5179.83 Paid but what a long battle!

:D

COMPENSATION OF £100 ON 14/04/08 FOR CONTINUED HARASSEMENT.

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

wow thats a lot of charges

post office WON 12/11/06

abbey.LBA sent 30/10/06.MCOL claim submitted 8/11/06.allocation questionnaire sent 16/12/06.schedule of charges sent 16/12/06.WON

2nd abbey claim SAR sent 3/1/07.WON.complaint letter sent 18/1/08

alliance and Leicester.WON

I know. The majority of them came from 2004 when my husband was made redudant for 3 months. Abbey charged us, then during the week that they had taken them we accrued the following set of charges due to them leaving us with nothing to live on, so each month the charges just kept mounting up. Since then we have never got back out of the overdraft, they just kept increasing it to cover the charges, so it has got so big now that it's time to take action. Even if they do pay me back what I am claiming I will be able to pay the whole od off completely, plus have the extra £1700 to credit our new a/c with. It's just a matter of waiting until they decide to play ball (and hoping I don't mess up along the way).

If you do get anywhere with your letter can you keep the thread updated so that i can check progress.

Settled at 50%

Clydesdale £155. Should have been £310 charges, plus interest :( Husbands Account.

SETTLED IN FULL:

MBNA £1230. For Hubby.

Halifax £39.

RBS £342. For Hubby.

Cap One £200.

Abbey:

i will let u know

what do u mean, mess things up? how?

post office WON 12/11/06

abbey.LBA sent 30/10/06.MCOL claim submitted 8/11/06.allocation questionnaire sent 16/12/06.schedule of charges sent 16/12/06.WON

Well - I received a letter off Abbey yesterday - I posted on my own thread KerrievsAbbey but nobody has replied.

It just says

"We are in the process of reviewing this claim and preparing our response. A defence will be filed in due course.

In the meantime, we note that you have claimed the sum of xxx in respect of charges that you say have been made on your Abbey account. However, you have not provided details as to how this sum was calculated. Similarly, you have failed to provide a breakdown of the xx claimed by way of interest, showing how that amount is made up with reference to each charge.

As you will appreciate you will need to produce clear evidence to the Court regarding these amounts, and this information should have been supplied by you when you filed your claim. We should be grateful if you would provide such details to us as soon as possible"

I already sent at least 3 copies of my schedule of charges, with a clear breakdown. On Nov 17th I posted to Abbey and the court manager, and abbey signed for it on Nov 21st so I don't know what more they want??

Whether it is just a scare tactic i don't know.

Settled at 50%

SETTLED IN FULL:

MBNA £1230. For Hubby.

Halifax £39.

RBS £342. For Hubby.

Cap One £200.

Abbey:

scare tactic - its a waiting game, you will win

post office WON 12/11/06

Thanks. I hope so. I actually just checked MCOL and they acknowledged on 24th not 25th - so same as you.

Settled at 50%

SETTLED IN FULL:

MBNA £1230. For Hubby.

Halifax £39.

RBS £342. For Hubby.

Cap One £200.

Abbey:

i think that both of our claims were issued on the 8th.....? its my understanding that shAbbey has until 6/12/06 to file a defence or we win by default

post office WON 12/11/06

Yes mine too was issued on the 8th. The way I read it was that it was deemed served on the 13th, so they had 14 days to acknowledge or file a defence, this had to be done before 27th Nov, but as they have acknowledged it extends their timeframe until 11th December, but their defence must be in before that date.

Knowing Abbey they will issue it round about the 14th though and still manage to get away with it.

Settled at 50%

SETTLED IN FULL:

MBNA £1230. For Hubby.

Halifax £39.

RBS £342. For Hubby.

Cap One £200.

Abbey:

• 2 weeks later...

got a letter today asking me to explain the charges i am claiming back - i will do this when the court asks me to

post office WON 12/11/06

Because you are taking your bank to Court to reclaim the unlawful charges,

the bank cannot pursue you for any of those charges that you are claiming.

However, as you are continuing to go overdrawn, you are in breach of their

T&C's, and they are within their rights to charge you.

[if you know that the bank is going to refuse payment on d/ds, cancel

them before they hit your bank, thus avoiding bank charges. Then reinstate

them when you have the funds.]

the only reason the dds are not being paid is becaue the bank has unlawfully taken so much money from my account in the first place

post office WON 12/11/06

DEFENCE FILED

will keep you posted

post office WON 12/11/06

FWIW

You should be careful when ignoring request for info from the other party.

As much as you may think they're a pain in the arse, and i don't think you'll find many on here disagreeing with you, the court will expect you to provide all the information necessary to prove your claim.

Rather than ignore you should either write back confirming the info they want or else send them a letter telling them they have the information give them the date of the letter and when they signed for it and invite them to confirm they want more information.

When you respond send a copy to the court manager too.

The point of all this is that you don't want to give them the chance to apply to strike your defence out on the basis of insufficient information.

You want the court to see you as the goody and them as the baddy.

JMHO

Glenn

• Haha 1

Kick the shAbbey Habit

Where were you? Next time please

Abbey 1st claim -Charges repaid, default removed, interest paid (8% apr) costs paid, Abbey peed off; priceless

Abbey 2nd claim, two Accs - claim issued 30-03-07

Barclaycard - Settled cheque received

Egg 2 accounts ID sent 29/07

Co-op Claim issued 30-03-07

GE Capital (Store Cards) ICO says theyve been naughty

MBNA - Settled in Full

GE Capital (1st National) Settled

Lombard Bank - SAR sent 16.02.07

MBNA are not your friends, they will settle but you need to make sure its on your terms -read here

Glenn Vs MBNA

... as you are continuing to go overdrawn, you are in breach of their T&C's, and they are within their rights to charge you.

They absolutely are not within their rights to charge you. They will charge you, but they have no right to do so. This is why we are all suing them after all.

To clarify, in response to the original question, they can and will charge you while action is underway, but as there is no legal basis for this you can reclaim the money back as normal.

Mindzai & Lucid vs Lloyds TSB

Mindzai's Account - Partial settlement offer rejected

Joint Account - Partial settlement offer rejected

Spreadsheet for compound contractual interest and statutory (s69) interest:

Download v1.9 [Tested with Excel 97-2007 and OpenOffice 2]

PLEASE NOTE: You should fully research contractual interest before you use that functionality of this spreadsheet. If in any doubt please use it to calculate 8% interest under s69 County Courts Act 1984.

GLENN thats good advice - i will send a list of charges to them, in the meantime here is their defence:

save as is specifically admitted in thi defence, the defendant denies each and every allegation set out in the particulars of claim

it is admitted that the claimant has a bank account with the defendant

at all times the account has been subject to the applicable terms and conditions which form part of the contract between the claimant and the defendant and to which the claimant agreed when he opened the account. the defendant will refer at trial to the full conditions but for the purposes of this defence will refer to the following extracts:

you can apply for an overdraft on your account. if we give you an overdraft we will tell you your limit and the interest rate applicable

an unauthorised overdraft occurs if without our agreement you overdraw your ccount or exceed the limit of an overdraft which we have agreed

if you have an unauthorised overdraft you will be charged fees as set out in our tarrif of charges or specified to you and these may include fees for transactions we are unable to process due to lack of avilable funds in your account

throughout the period that he has had the account, the climant recieved a number of copies of the conditions and of the said tariff of charges as they were amended and updated (though there has been no material amendment to the conditions)

any overdraft facility on the account was (and is) subjet to conditions

the claimant has overdrawn or exceeded authorised overdraft limits on the account on a number of eperate ocasions, full details of which will be provided on disclosure. therefore by virtue of the conditions already referred to, such overdrawing as unauthorised and in breach of contract and the claimant became liable to pay fees to the defendant in accordance with its tariff of charges applicable at the relevant time. in accordance with the conditions, such fees were debitted to the account.

in view of the facts and matters referred to in paragraphs 3, 4, 5 and 6 above, the defendant denies that the amount of £894 or any other amount was unlawfully debitted to the account and the claimants claim for the repayment of tht amount is therefore denied

the claimants contention that the said fees are unenforceable and/or are 'penalty charges' is denied. the fees reflect and are proportionate to the defendants admin expenses incurred due to the climants breach of contract and are a genuine pre-estimate of the damage suffered by the defendant

furthermore or in the alternative, even if the said fees are not proportionate to the defendants admin expenses incurred (which is denied), the claimant remains liable to pay such fees as may be found to be proportionate and he claimant is not entitled to claim repayment of the full amount of each charge made to the account

the defendant denies that the claimant is entitled to interest

no admissions are made as to the amounts claimed by the claimant and the claimant is put to strict proof of the same

post office WON 12/11/06

Hi.

Still at exactly same as you. I just checked MCOL and they filed my defence yesteray aswell. I haven't received it this morning though so it should be Monday. They're taking another £270 of me on Dec 14th. What are you going to put on your AQ, are you going to use the template?

Settled at 50%

SETTLED IN FULL:

MBNA £1230. For Hubby.

Halifax £39.

RBS £342. For Hubby.

Cap One £200.

Abbey:

i am a total beginner when it comes to AQ's, are you any good with them?

by the way, the third-to-last statement looks like a veiled admission to me.....

post office WON 12/11/06

It is really, but they are right, you do have to pay their true admin costs. What they fail to mention is that these costs amount to more like 50p than £30. To prove this point of their defence they will have to reveal what their true costs are, and if they did that it would mean big trouble for them ;)

Mindzai & Lucid vs Lloyds TSB

Mindzai's Account - Partial settlement offer rejected

Joint Account - Partial settlement offer rejected

Spreadsheet for compound contractual interest and statutory (s69) interest:

Download v1.9 [Tested with Excel 97-2007 and OpenOffice 2]

PLEASE NOTE: You should fully research contractual interest before you use that functionality of this spreadsheet. If in any doubt please use it to calculate 8% interest under s69 County Courts Act 1984.

and thats why i will be winning then

post office WON 12/11/06

Hope mine reads the same, I would be pleased with that. I'm a novice with AQ's aswell, I will follow the templates as they have served me well up until now. I will post my defence up as and when I get it.

My other few claims were all settled after the second letter, but they were only small amounts.

Settled at 50%

SETTLED IN FULL:

MBNA £1230. For Hubby.

Halifax £39.

RBS £342. For Hubby.

Cap One £200.

Abbey:

kerrie has their defence not arrived with you yet?

post office WON 12/11/06

abbey have taken a further £486 today - 2 weeks before christmas, nice - how to i adjust the amount of the claim?

post office WON 12/11/06

please can a mod move this thread to the abbey section? thanks

post office WON 12/11/06

You can adjust the amount of the claim but this will cost you £35 as i understand it and i've forgotton what form it is that you need to do it, the best thing you can do is (the £35 is not reclaimable) wait for them to pay up and then do the same process again as im sure they will charge you again before your claim is up and just remember the longer you leave it, the more interest you are getting on it.:D

George Loveless - “We raise the watchword, liberty. We will, we will, we will be free!"

My advice is only my opinion, I am not a legal expert.

IF YOU LIKE THE ADVICE I'M GIVING AND ARE HAPPY WITH IT, CLICK THE SCALES ON THE BOTTOM LEFT OF THIS POST AND TELL ME.