Am I on the right track?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1705 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello

Long time reader of the forum and now my first post!

I have been in a DMP with Payplan since 2004 paying £200 a month  towards six debts with a  total starting balance of over £40,000.  All are long gone from my  credit file and are all with DCA either sold or managed, I don’t think any are with the original creditors, they have changed between DCAs many times I have printed off the full history for each debt  from Payplan in case I need it.

I realise I have been cash cowed and currently have an outstanding balance of £3,531 as follows:

Original debt                                                     now with                             current balance

Alliance and Leicester Loan                         Wescot                                  £276.12

Alliance and Leicester Credit card               Link                                        £174.89

MBNA Credit Card                                          Drydens Fairfax                    £1,165.01

First Direct                                                       Moorcroft                              £1,431.72

Co Op Loan                                                      Cabot                                     £266.10

Citi Bank                                                           Fredrickson                          £217.20

My original plan was to  go self managed, pay off the four smaller ones in full in January and then divide the £200 between the two larger ones and have those paid off in full within the year.

However having read through the forum recently I am inclined to see which if any are unenforceable.  I have my six letters and my six £1 postal orders ready to go but would appreciate any advice, anything I might have missed and no doubt further advice as the letters start to arrive!

A couple of points, I have claimed all the PPI I am able to, two years ago I received PPI from Santander for the Alliance and Leicester Loan, I supplied them with a  copy of my original credit agreement to do this.

First Direct were my current account bank at the time, their outstanding debt was rolled up and was current account overdraft, two loans and one credit card.  I also made a PPI claim two years ago against one of the loans and again supplied them with the original loan agreement.

Many thanks

Send the CCA letters off now.  I shame it wasn't done years ago.  This advice has been available here for at least 10 yrs or so

yes just POP.

1st direct will be the HSBC managed loan syndrome whereby they merge everything in to a loan the dump it back into your current account as a giant OD that you never even agreed too. totally against all banking codes.

just make sure you sent the CCA to the CORRECT people

Moorcroft and wetcloths are NOT DEBT BUYERs

so sent the CCA to their stated client from their letters.

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

remember don't sign anything

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

12+2 working days

dx

and they