Mad Nick v Abbey ***SETTLED IN FULL***

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6118 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

excelent thread, just read it start to finish some very unful information in there which i hope will point me in the right direction when making my claim!!!

Very well done, and the hard work paid off in the end

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well done Mad Nick - and thank you in particular for all the help you gave me amongst counteless others on the site. I've just got my cheque from the Shabbey brigade too. Its good to get your charges back isn't it!!;)

ALL THE BEST AND DONATION TO FOLLOW WHEN THE CHEQUE CLEARS!!!!!

I made a complaint to the abbey that they had claimed that i had insufficient funds in my account of which was not correct. what theyv'e done is repaid a total of £175 for that day of which i can find no charges for. so that's 5 x £35. So what percentage alone have they returned that. If they claim to attend court to contest paying CI have they not already done it to the extreme with that one payment alone. It would be useful to know your opinion. But i have gone over the statements over and over again and on that day there are def NOT 5 charges. Only 1 and that was incorrect???????

Even though i had a estimated amount of CI it was requested from the initial claim (after an amendment). Abbey now have a full breakdown of all charges. But everythings changed today as im a little confused. I only had one charge for that day and that was a mistake on their part. So......... if their argument is that they do not award CI then would the £175 paid on that day argues that fact that that 1 payment was not returned at 8% SI...... do u understand what i'm getting at.......

Plus they've gone back on the bundle fee cost by reducing it by £100, not refunding S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) or showing breakdown of daily charge. I have in front of me a breakdown of charges, interest (at 8%) and refunds....... and thst's it. Nothing more mentioned ecept the court bundle revised bundle..... what, if anything can i do about that. there's no mention of null 7 void anywhere in these letters. Do i have a case to argue?

The bank also missed x 1 charge (£35) and had to amend the amount today. which will involve another letter of settlement making this one viod too.

So £175 what interest rate is that? Technically if this is correct they have paid partial CI................ am i going mad or is this right?

I just need some advice as abbey have in their opinion have settled, i was going to accept but i think this is an issue that needs looking into before i do. They claim to have appointed a barrister on monday to defend any CI in court but If i can prove this one charge was contractual in its amount then i have my legal argument that possibly the whole of the claim should therefore be CI too. Am I babbling................. ....

• 4 months later...