TV Licensing New Approach

topcat1802
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1986 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi People

Every month without fail we receive the usual letter from TVL, you know the one that always starts " ... no record of a TV Licence ... ", now usually when we receive this letter it is addressed to "The Legal Occupier", well this months letter was different. This month the letter was actually addressed to my wife by name. It seems that this is a new approach, maybe they got fed up with all the returned letters!

I am interested as to why it was addressed to my wife, as the it was addressed to "Ms ..." not "Mrs ..." which is the title she uses

It doesn't really bother me who it is addressed to as it pretty obvious who its from, so it still goes into the recycling box, but its seems to be an interesting new approach.

Theyve done that for years. They just search council tax database etc or last known occupier, or other random government database and address it to them. Its still fully automated and they havent got a clue who lives there. Wait a month or 3 and youll get the "legal occupier" letter again.

remember, they can send whatever letters they like. Unless they physically see you with the tv on watching live tv, or you invite them in and they can see it hooked up to an ariel, or you sign their forms, theres nothing they can do.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Nah. Years ago i had a ton of them. Addressed to me, my ex, legal occupier. Then a period of a year or two with nothing then it restarts

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D