We'd like to buy some law books - would you like to help?

BankFodder
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6583 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks to the anonymous donor of £15 - who ever you may be!! :-)

Ditto to that.

If the donor merely forgot to put their UserID, then please pm Dave or me.

Thanks

Perhaps we could have a voluntary code as a condition of registration - donate 5% of any monies received to this site. I for one would be very happy to do this, as it is money I would not have without the help of the site.

Paypal, Amazon vouchers, cheques in the post?

Dave you are very welcome! :oops:

I think the work you guys are going is great, and without sounding really corny you have given me so much hope (not just with regard to getting any money back) but in actually standing up the the bank and if I only succeed in just rattling their cage then I will be very happy with that!

We have received three gift certificates yesterday.

We have been able to thank one person but not the other two as their usernames were not included in the vouchure.

However, we are extremely grateful.

If you will make yourselves kow to us, we will respond with a message of thanks

Thanks for your order, BankActionGroup

Want to track your order?

View Your Account.

Did you know you can view and edit your orders online, 24 hours a day? Click Your Account to:

Access "Where's My Stuff?"

Combine orders

Change payment method

Change delivery address

Cancel undispatched items

Change gift messaging

Do much more...

Ordering Information:

E-mail Address: [email protected]

Invoice Address:

BankActionGroup

xxxxxxxxxxxx

xxxxxxxxxxxxx

United Kingdom

Delivery Address:

BankActionGroup

xxxxxxxxxxx

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

United Kingdom

Order Grand Total: £26.99

Order Summary:

Delivery Details:: order will arrive in one delivery

Order #: 202-3159045-9117463

Delivery Method: FREE Super Saver Delivery

Delivery Preference: Group my items into as few deliveries as possible

Subtotal of Items: £136.99

Postage & Packing: £0.00

------

Total: £136.99

Gift Certificates: - £110.00

------

Total for this order: £26.99

Dispatch estimate for these items: 17 April 2006 - 1 May 2006

Delivery estimate: 19 April 2006 - 5 May 2006 1 "Confidentiality"

Roger Toulson; Hardcover; £136.99

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please note that for items ordered from Amazon.co.uk or Amazon Jersey this e-mail is only an acknowledgement of receipt of your order and your contract to purchase these items is not complete until we send you an e-mail notifying you that the items have been dispatched to you. For items purchased from

Since the book scheme started we have bought 3 books - two on procedure at about £35 each. One on confidence at £136. About £30 of this has been paid for by ourselves. - So about £175 contributed.

Before that we bought 2 procedure books at about £35 each paid for by oursleves.

Receipts for the 3 books are posted on this thread.

Just a thought, but another avenue to explore could be http://www.freecycle.org where you can join the group nearest to you and post a WANTED message for any books you are after. It is free and I use the site to give and receive. The sites have many students and you may be able to get up to date books on here. It's worth a go, surely?

Small amount sent via your link .WHEN I win my case I will send more as I wouldn't of even known that I could claim my money back without the help and advice of Dave in M.S.E and the inspiration and practical advice of this site . THANK YOU everyone.

When you want to fool the world, tell the truth. :D

Advice & opinions of Janet-M are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any

doubts.

As the amount you are asking for is quite small, have you considered opening a PayPal account? That way the money gets to you speedily, and you can (usually) spend it where you wish.

My own view is that when I win, I would like to make a %age contribution so that the group will be able to help others. Clearly the money itself would not be viable, so I will ask for a list of books required at the time, and will personally go out and get them for you (within reason of course...)

To see the steps I took to recover unfair bank charges with the help of Consumer Action Group, please read my thread Spiceskull v HSBC.

Alecto, Magaera et Tisiphone: Nemesis on Earth is come.

All advice and opinions given by Spiceskull are personal, and are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Small amount sent via your link .WHEN I win my case I will send more as I wouldn't of even known that I could claim my money back without the help and advice of Dave in M.S.E and the inspiration and practical advice of this site . THANK YOU everyone.

Received. Thank you very much.

:idea: Just a thought but as a 1st year law student I have access through Uni to Lexis Nexus & WestLaw so if there are any particular cases you want let me know and I will pm them to you. Not sure if this is helpful or not but saves you buying expensive case law books :idea:

I don't quite understand why everyone is suggesting your untrust worthy! You helping everyone out, any questions any help needed and your there. I will 100% send some money when I get back. It only seems fair as I would have been letting the banks have the lot before.

Just grateful someone is helping beat this banks - they are literally robbing us and everyone accepts it as they wrote it in there T&Cs. Mad

Thanks, your doing a brilliant job. I've told loads of people about this site and really can see you lot making a difference.

Robert

Help me to help others!

I don't quite understand why everyone is suggesting your untrust worthy! You helping everyone out, any questions any help needed and your there. I will 100% send some money when I get back. It only seems fair as I would have been letting the banks have the lot before.

Just grateful someone is helping beat this banks - they are literally robbing us and everyone accepts it as they wrote it in there T&Cs. Mad

Thanks, your doing a brilliant job. I've told loads of people about this site and really can see you lot making a difference.

Robert

I don't think that we are being suspected but people are naturally cautious. We don't have any structures or account at present and that will have to change. We will have to declare even our book donations to tax.

However, as at the moment we are only making HUGE losses (expenses), I don't think that there will be any problem.

mrplan74

Received. Thank you

BF did you receive mine too?

If you find my post helpful please click on the scales at the top. Thank you

FAQ SECTION HERE

Halifax Bank Claim filed and settled

Halifax Credit Card settled

Argos Store Card settled

CCA requests sent to

Halifax Credit Card

LLoyds TSB Credit Card

Capital One

Moorcroft (Argos)

NDR

18/06/09

This is a rather belated thankyou to Chaos5768 for the voucher.

I now realise why I didn't recognise the sender because it wasn't sent under the username.

many thanks. It was used to purchase a book by David Bainbridge on privacy and dataprotection.

BF did you receive mine too?

Hi, Just arrived. Thanks very much. (I am so pleased that I haven't lost anything after all!!)

Just sent you a fiver in vouchers, wish it could be more, WHEN I get my charges back I will sent another.

Hope you get all you need.

Good luck.

received. Thank you very much indeed.

Just received a voucher from someone who gives their ID only as "Me."

Thank you - alhtough I am unable to pm you a thanks as you have withheld your username.

However, thanks very much - of course.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6583 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks