Allied International Credit

spotnot
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5251 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I'm off to buy a recording device tomorrow, using the money I claimed back from charges no less. Can't wait for my next snooty phone call!

In a completely random aside - Seminole, every time I see your avatar I cack myself..

A+L - £950 settled in full.

Bank of Scotland - MCOL filed 9 Jan for £1500

Bank of Scotland (for parents) - £5000 settled in full October 06

Bank of Scotland (mum's account) £1900 settled in full November 06

Intelligent Finance: DPA non compliance sent 26 Jan

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Very interseting!!

As it happens I sent a CCA request to Sechairi Clarke & Mitchell back in September, nothing back except a letter asking for payment. I sent them a letter back saying they've commited an offence by not responding to a CCA request and now I get a demand for payment this morning from Allied International? So they've passed it on. Any advice, templated letters to send them?:-?

27th September CCA sent to Sechiari Clarke & Mitchell - Commited Offence by not responding-Update, passed account to AIC. CCA AIC on 29/03/07

27th September CCA sent to Allied Credit International - not received, resent on 23th January 07-(still nothing on 30/03/07)

Now I was under the impression that they couldn't pass a debt on. Correct me if I'm wrong, I'm always willing to learn.

The original creditor has your permission to pass on your details to 'any relevant party'. It'll be in the terms and Conditions. Now if **** didn't have the agreement, they didn't have permission to pass your details on. You have signed nothing with ****, no T&Cs.

Of course, what might have happened is that they have referred the debt back to Lloyds (am assuming its Lloyds) and they have passed the debt to Allied International.These idiots will probably have bought the debt, so its worth sendiing them a CCA. Chances are they won't have a copy of the agreement.

Have you received a default from the original creditor?

Spot

Spotnot v MBNA and their nasty solicitors (on behalf of my friend)

If I have helped in any way, click my scales.

Remember, we were all newbies once!!

When you win, donate!!!

Yes it is Lloyds, I'm not sure if they've defaulted the account but I'd guess they probably have. It was my understanding that they couldn't pass on a defaulted account? Not sure about sending AIC a CCA request and resetting the time schedule? Might be the way forward:confused:

27th September CCA sent to Sechiari Clarke & Mitchell - Commited Offence by not responding-Update, passed account to AIC. CCA AIC on 29/03/07

27th September CCA sent to Allied Credit International - not received, resent on 23th January 07-(still nothing on 30/03/07)

Banks can pass on a defaulted account to an agency for collection and generally do.

A+L - £950 settled in full.

Bank of Scotland - MCOL filed 9 Jan for £1500

Bank of Scotland (for parents) - £5000 settled in full October 06

Bank of Scotland (mum's account) £1900 settled in full November 06

Intelligent Finance: DPA non compliance sent 26 Jan

• 5 months later...

Hi I came across the site following an extremely rude telephone conversation with a Mr Hamilton of AIC. I had heard about the site on radio previously. I was re-assured to read so many posts about other peoples' experience of this company. I was going to write a letter of complaint but after reading the posts I see that this would be useless. However I would like like to send Hamilton the CCA letter that a number of posts refer to. Can anyone tell me a) What is a CCA letter and b) where can I get a template of the letter. Thank you for any help

• 2 weeks later...

I have recently had dealing with this company, back in April 2005 I returned a contract hire vehicle to Lloyds after running into financial diffs with the payments, the car was returned in mint condition (merc) after twelve months an agent from lloyds came to my house and said I owed 6k, but after a while he rang lloyds and thy agreed to ask for £100 per month up to £1300, and I agreed, I had been paying y direct ebit for about six months then Lloyds stopped taking the payments, then I received a letter sent to my previous adress requesting £6500, I wrote to Lloyds and refere them back to our old agreement and they denied that an agreement was in place, I heard nothing for ages until two months ago when I had a letter with a demand letter from Close credit who I wrote to and refered to my earlier agreement, I immediatly paid £35 on account via their website and the seconf month I went to pay £35 and the account had been withdrawn, 2 weeks go AlLied contacted me and the whole bloody thing started again, I have started to pay Allied 35/month on account until the original agreement is resurected, Allied just keep ringing, shoutin at me and then putting the phone down, whats the point, has anyone ever had them take them to court

• 2 weeks later...

I have had dealings with AIC. They are an agressive lot. They have failed to respond to a Data Protection Act request from me. However after one to many time wasting telephone calls I wrote to them saying that we no longer deal with them on the telephone and sent them anti harassment letter available on here. They went quiet. The next thing we get is a letter from Equidebt. They AIC have abandoned the case. I think what they actually do is pass the cases around creating new case fees and charges each time. Note I am IFA acting pro bono for clients on debt management.

...oh and another thing, I have a feeling that they may 'buy' the debt from Natwest or whoever. Certainly Equident raised a lot of private equity money to do just that back in 2005 (I think). In any event I always ask them outright whether they are acting as agents for a proncipal or whether they have bought the debt. I also always ask them whether they are recording our conversation. If they say yes, I say excellent. It may also help if you record the conversations. I think the law says that you have to tell them if you are. Lolat70

I had setup a Debt Payment Plan with Promise Debt Solutions, and Payments were sent monthly to Moorcroft on behalf on Mint (RBS). I have 3 other creditors on this plan who ALWAYS recieved the payments monthly from Promise Monthly. Moorcroft on occasions did began to chase payments after the first few days of the month as the payments sent from Promise did not clear at the same time every month. Netherthless Payments were sent to them every month without fail. However I now without no warning have recieved a letter from AIC asking for the full payment to be made? The lady I spoke to was very unhelpful as would come as no surprise! She refused to listen to anything I said and just threatened some form of investigation then hanged up threatning legal action??? what is that all about? I contacted Promise as far as I am concerned my payments have been made with not ONE missed payment since going on the plan. Any ideas of where I go from here?

• 1 month later...
Nasty barstewards this lot. I had them demanding to know where I worked and threatening me. I can hold my own when it comes to arguing on the phone but even I was shaking with rage after a couple of 'conversations'. Tell 'em to eff off. That seems the only sort of language they understand.

I am used to dealing with unpleasant people too, but when I got a phone call from them quite out of the blue, I just had a sore throat in having to shout to match their shouting and try to be heard. They are ignorant, would not listen, but their threats are scary. I am not one to be intimidated though and know they have to take me to court to get any further action, not that I am disputing debt, but I wanted to be advised officially that they were now handling the debt, and details of their banker so I could re-instate payments because I had not been advised debt transferred from Moorcroft. They accused me of lying when I said I do internet banking but do not have a checking account, and also one or two other things they said I was lying, so wish I had taped conversation to start slander proceedings against them. Anyhow, though shaken, I will fight, but a lesser person could easily have been reduced to tears. I must admit though, I am worried because if they insist on full repayment, I cant and only hope Courts will see sense. In this respect, can a creditor insist on full repayment (when I cant make it) or do they have to take Courts advice.

• 4 weeks later...

I am in same position, AIC not replying to any letters despite fact I send them by recorded delivery. But I spoke to a debt company and they say it is not true that if AIC does not comply with sending copy of agreement that the debt is forfeit.

If they cannot produce the CCA then the debt becomes unenforcable, the debt itself will still exist but they will have no way of forcing you to pay i.e through the courts.

TezViper

TezViper

I give advice not as an expert on law, only as a guy who succesfully claimed back £3385 from The Halifax. Followed by another £2611.

Lloyds TSB settled in full before hearing

Cap One offered full settlement and default removed.

If I help in any way then please donate to the site when you are succesful

Thats my undertanding anyway.

:|

TezViper

TezViper

I give advice not as an expert on law, only as a guy who succesfully claimed back £3385 from The Halifax. Followed by another £2611.

Lloyds TSB settled in full before hearing

Cap One offered full settlement and default removed.

If I help in any way then please donate to the site when you are succesful

Hi Folks,

Just to say I have had several (ignored) robot computer calls from AIC in the last few days, they are ignoring my CCA letter from about a month ago, whats the next step, I am a bit worried about doing nothing, 'head in sand' theory, do we have a reply to failing the CCA?

Hi Folks,

Just to say I have had several (ignored) robot computer calls from AIC in the last few days, they are ignoring my CCA letter from about a month ago, whats the next step, I am a bit worried about doing nothing, 'head in sand' theory, do we have a reply to failing the CCA?

If it's gone 12 working days then they have breached CCA and the debt is now in dispute so they can't pursue until CCA produced. After the 12 working days if they don't produce CCA within 30 extra days ( not working days just normal ) then they have committed a criminal offence.

It sounds as if your 12 days is well past but poss not the extra 30. If you sent your original request recorded delivery & kept a copy you have no need to remind them of their obligations under CCA regs. Sit tight!

If they then start pursuing you again you can approach your local trading stds. I would also recommend a complaint to the OFT.

No probs - the OFT won't take complaint up on an individuals behalf ( thats why TS also good bet ) but they will keep complaints on file and they will monitor patterns of complaints eg for particular DCAs. The more people that complain the better chance there is of some of these companies having their consumer credit licence suspended or removed. Which means they can't trade as a DCA.

Keep us posted with how you get on

• 1 month later...

background to debt

I took out an agreement with VW in 2001. A few mths later I ran into financial difficulty and stayed in contact with them and let them know what happened.

I then got a default notice saying to pay a certain amt to prevent repossession. I sent a chq it was cashed and they still took the car!

It was recorded on my credit reference 5 yrs ago I just got a warning from bailiff for the o/s £6000+ which is the difference after they took the car to auction.

They took the car even though I made provisions to pay the arrears.:mad:

AIC chasing

I recieved a yellow slip from AIC in the post marked 'warning' get in contact. 3 days later I got a letter saying the usual final notice of Intent if you don't pay what can happen such as CCJ etc.

I phoned National Debtline 0808 808 4000 and was advised 1 of the options was to wait it out as the 6 year limit is 5 mths away alternatively I could S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) VW and argue that they were in breach of the contract as they wrongly took the car.

Then I received another letter 10 days later saying 'further to our conversation we will except the agreed £xxx...' which was about 30% of the original debt!:confused:

I NEVER PHONED OR TALKED TO ANYONE!!!

I am currently still ignoring it but now wondering if this is a tactic where they can say I have been in contact and so restart the whole 6 year period?

Any ideas?

• 1 month later...

Hi all

I have an old debt with RBOS which was passed onto AIC, I paid them what i could here and there over a few years, when i missed a payment always got the nasty phone calls but just learned to ignore them and not answer when they came up on caller display.

In December last year I received a letter from Capquest saying they had bought the debt, all the paperwork was correct so i started paying them, now i am getting calls from AIC saying they know nothing about this and to resume paying them which I have refused. Capquest have advised me to ignore them.

Is there a process where I can request a statement from AIC of everything I have paid them over the years? and is there anywhere in RBOS that has a record of me?

Thanks