PIP time restraints

johnjordan
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2338 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have just had my Mandatory reconsideration turned down and now intend to proceed to a tribunal hearing.

However, the decision letter from DWP is dated 18th December but only received today, 27th and says I must appeal within one month from the date of the letter even though it took 9 days to reach me.

I would appreciate any advice on how to proceed to get the one month I should be entitled to. I know I can write to them but not sure if this would carry any weight.

Thank you.

On a practical point, I would rather get the appeal in within the one month than argue about it and risk it being rejected for being late. You don't have to go into much detail at this point, you can do that later, so it shouldn't be difficult to submit it within three weeks.

At this time of year, it's not that unreasonable for a second class letter (DWP never seem to use 1st) to take 5 working days to arrive.

RMW

"If you want my parking space, please take my disability" Common car park sign in France.