ulster bank

stevie70
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6174 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi all

I have had recent success with ulster bank i have received a total of 3000 from them,my advice to anyone claiming from ulster bank is be persistant and you will get paid out.Also listen to advice from site helpers on this board,it is invaulable.Good luck to all.

• 7 months later...

Stevie,

Congratulations on your win foremost! CAn i ask what procedure you went through to get to htis. I have sent my first letter and received my statements and i then sent 2nd letter asking for charges back plus spreadsheet of charges, did you send the letter before action letter and did you take it to small claims court? Much hjelp would be appreciated!

Rinthebin

• 2 weeks later...

I am at the LBA stage now with Ulster Bank, it's been about 17 days since I sent the spreadsheet of unlawful charges and letter giving them 14 days to reply, which of course they have failed to do.

I would be very interested to hear how others are getting on.

Cheers

Stephen

Hello Stephen

I had already my statements. Sent the 1st letter-asking for my money-got a reply within the 14 days- no you're not getting it,enclosed was the financial ombudsman leaflet if I wanted to take it further.

Then sent the 2nd letter, within the 14days got a reply saying it would take 5-6wks for them to look into it. I had to send them copies of my statements with the charges highlighted-even though they had the list of charges and what they were. They said they would refund the cost of the photocopying or postage. I was waiting until today as this is when the 8wks were up from the day they would have received my 1st letter and then I was going to post all details to the financial ombudsman tommorrow.

I got a letter from them Saturday-opening it I thought they were fobbing me off to the financial ombudsman because the leaflet was enclosed again and when reading through the letter it was looking that way but when I scanned further down 3/4 of the page-they offered me full payment-I'll give it to you rounded to the nearest hundred -£1700.

I have signed the acceptance letter and posting it special delivery today-they say the money will go directly into my account. They also say I am not to give any of these details to any 3rd party and if I do not accept these charges in the future,they will review my account and possibly offer a simple one with no services that can result in charges.

Thats great news and thank-you for sharing it with me, the internet really does level the playing field a bit!

My claim is for £1800 and hearing your news gives me great confidence of a successful outcome.

The Ulster Bank are basically saying, OK, the charges were unlawfull, we will refund you but, don't be telling anyone and if you don't let us rip you of in the future we will close your account.

I wonder how that would stack up in a court :)

Cheers

Stephen