Check companies before firing - AVOID Plumbingforce

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2474 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

As a consumer I feel the needs to provide feedback/compliments for good services,

which would work as great motivation for the providers,

also input for bad services in order to help them to improve,

because no business can survive by delivering half-finished products/services,

furthermore it creates a low moral culture within the organisation.

I contacted a Gas safe registered company, which I found on the HSE Gas Safe directory.

I was asked for my bank details before they even came out to the property to look to the problem.

I should have stopped there, but carried on because of desperation to get it fixed, which this provider took advantage of.

An engineer came out 2 hours after the agreed time, looked at the system for 5 minutes,

got into his car and talked on the phone for an hour.

He sent me an electronic invoice around 2 hours after arrival charging me for an hour’s work at £108

and took the money from my account at the same time without any warnings,

even I was assured that they only charged the first half hour,

and any additional work would be informed for me to make decision and provide direction.

Two weeks went by without a sign from this provider, Plumbingforce.

I decided to wait for the company, I know does provide good services [removed] .

I don’t know where to get advice for this kind of services regarding to types of issues and the cost associated.

I would like to share with you that you can be ripped off in the UK in 2014,

even you would imagine that companies would do anything to create and maintain good reputation

in the world of powerful use of social media.

However I also like to emphasize that there are decent companies out there,

who want to help you, just because they are passionate about doing the jobs.

• 11 months later...

I booked a service of my boiler via their Bedford offices. They were supposed to call today between 10am & 12pm. That never happened, so I called and they told me it would be before 6pm. That never happened either.

They finally called at 5:45pm to say they would come the next day, I told them to cancel - I had taken the entire day off work waiting for these cowboys. To say that the lady on the phone was curt would be an adequate description.

To cap it all, I just checked with my bank and as suspected, they have not only charged me for this non-visit, they have also charged me more than they quoted. I have already been in touch with the police as recommended by TSB and the bank will be taking further action. These guys are absolute crooks. They deserve a place on Rogue Traders. :mad2::mad2::mad2:

• 1 year later...

Keep away from this company. I called Plumbing Force to my boiler which intermittently would fail to ignite. The original appointment was cancelled by them at short notice and re-scheduled. The engineer diagnosed the fault was due to low gas pressure and arranged for Northern Gas to replace the regulator and I was charged £237.60 by Plumbing Force. Whether there was a fault with the regulator or not I do not know, but the problem continued. I arranged a further appointment for Plumbing Force to return but again this was cancelled by them on two occasions at short notice.

Utterly frustrated with Plumbing Force I then called a Vaillant engineer who diagnosed faults internally with the gas valve, spark electrode and burner gasket and following replacement the boiler has continued to work without fault. I complained to Plumbing Force about the cancellation of appointments at short notice and about the poor standard of the engineer who was not familiar with the boiler, could not correctly diagnose the fault and had no relevant parts even if he had

The utter contempt and disregard Plumbing Force then displayed towards me is breath-taking. They did absolutely nothing to address my concerns and simply ignored my complaint even after I wrote directly to the Director. This shows a lack of professionalism and governance that is not acceptable by a company acting in the public service and endorsed by the Gas Safe Register. Having further ignored my request for a letter of deadlock I attempted to complain to the retail ombudsman, but Plumbing Force are not listed under the UtilitiesADR Home Services Providers Membership list which speaks volumes about this company.

While I cannot comment on the safety standard of work carried out by Plumbing Force (the engineer actually did nothing other than charge for his time) the disdain shown by this company is appalling and I would urge any customer to keep well away