PCN from PPS, Not Parked In Allocated Bay, Station Road car park, Didcot

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2484 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Today (27/06/17) I received a PCN from Premier Parking Solutions for "Not Parked In Allocated" bay.

First a little background. There are three car parks available to rail users at Didcot: Station Road, Julian's and Foxhall Road. Fox hall Road is by far the largest but currently has a large area fenced off due to improvement works (installation of a new parking level above ground). Due to this, the car parks become full very quickly (by 09.30-10.00) week day mornings.

Therefore, when I arrived at around 10.30 there were no spaces to be had. Rather than drive 20 or so miles to Oxford station, I opted to park at the end of a row (I do have photos but not sure how to post them). I was not obstructing anybody already parked, or anyone entering the car park - there was loads of room for anyone to manaouvre around my car.

I even wondered why there wasn't a parking bay there, indeed it appears to have been previously as you can see deleted lines.

Can you please advise how I proceed with the appeals process? I've seen similar cases on here (from the same car park, from the same parking company) but am unsure of the details.

interested term for the break, not parked in allocated bay

- do you have a bay allocated to you by the rialway co or parking co?

if not them you havent broken this contractual condition .

Tell us what date this letter refers to as timing is critical.

Also, is it railway land or owned by someone else?

If the former then Byelaw 14 applies and PPS have nothing to do with the matter.

Tell us the answers to the above and we might usggest a short letter to send or we might suggest something else.

DO NOT APPEAL TO THEM, your letter wont be an appeal it will be a statement.

Gte a photograph of the signage at the car park if you can, that will help us enormously

No, I don't have an allocated bay, they mean I wasn't parked within one of their white boxes.

Parking notice was dated yesterday 27/06/2017

I don't know whether it is railway land, how would I find this out?

I have photos of where my car was parked,

and the parking sign next to the payment machines at the entrance,

but I can't see how I can add them to a post?

Aha! Sussed it. Pictures hosted here:

(Well thought I had, only have 2 posts so can't post links, great....)

My car is the grey BMW 5 Series Touring parked next to the silver old style 5 Series Touring.

If you look at the final picture from the front, to the right is a grey Land Rover Discovery parked in an "official" white bay, this is directly in line with my car, so why is there not a space there, there certainly used to be one as you can see the old lines that they have tried to delete.

I'll just have to put some more posts in to get it up to 10...

....Or am I missing something?

Here's some more info (some already advised above).

1 The date of infringement 27/6/2017

2 Have you yet appealed to the parking company yet? N

3. have you received a Notice To Keeper? (NTK) No

4. Who is the parking company? Premier Parking Solutions

5. Where exactly [Carpark name and town] did you park? Station Road, Didcot, Oxfordshire (opposite Didcot Parkway rail station).

Awesome, thank you for your help, much appreciated.

So here you go, please see attached PDF with pics.

My car is the grey BMW 5 Series Touring next to the old style silver BMW Series Touring.

I've also included a pic of the PPS sign at the car park entrance.

docs1.pdf

" No, I don't have an allocated bay, they mean I wasn't parked within one of their white boxes"

what they mean is immaterial, it's what they say that matters.

I'll bet nobody in that car park has an allocated bay so they're all liable for a charge. (as EB implies)

Your pics show a line at the side of where your car was parked so looks like a bay to me,

this looks like a 'honey trap' which the parking attendant takes full advantage of.

So wait for the ntk, should be easily batted away

Illegitimi non carborundum

The land should have a sign on it saying it is railway land. It certainly wont belong to PPS, they just go round bothering people to let them "manage" their car parks and offer no real service other than attempting to line ther own pockets by chiselling the motorists with silly non-existent breaches of poory defined contracts.

I asked when the date fo the event was as the company has a set time to issue a NTK if relying on the POFA - which you should read about.

So, this was a ticket slapped on your vehicle

The so called breach is you werent parked in allocated bay and this in plain english means that you have an allocated bay but werent parked in it. A small difference in the grammar of this statement has changed the whole meaning of it and that will prove very damaging for them as there was no such breach if you dont have an allocated space. I know what they mean, they mean not parked in a space designated as a parking space but they didnt say that did they? The landowner will still get the money for the ticket you purchased so no loss has been caused but PPS arent in that market.

No, I don't have an allocated bay, they mean I wasn't parked within one of their white boxes.

Parking notice was dated yesterday 27/06/2017

I don't know whether it is railway land, how would I find this out?

I have photos of where my car was parked, and the parking sign next to the payment machines at the entrance, but I can't see how I can add them to a post?

let the lease co know that this is coming and to pass it on to you and under no circumstances pay them. You will be dealing with it.

Now, the NTK will probably not be POFA compliant to create a keeper liability but the lease co doesnt care, they arent going to fight it so getting the paperwork and taking it on is the best thing. I would suggest that you do not respond to the screen ticket as you need to see what the NTK says and also check the forwarding of any demand will be done as requested. Once you are happy the lease co has got the right idea/system then you can set about rubbishing their claim. It will also cost the parking co a few quid to send out the letters and as they arent going to get anything from you for their trouble they may decide to cut and run sooner.

Thnak you for your help.

We have instructed our lease provider to forward on any papwork relating to the fine directly onto me.

Now, I am advised not to make contact with PPS stating I want to appeal, correct?

I've also seen advised elsewhere that I am not to announce myself to them as the driver?

Is there any legal reason for this or is it to maximise any costs PPS incur pursuing the charge making them more likely to drop it?

Am I correct in saying just sit tight until I get paperwork from them?

2 things, it is not a FINE so make this clear to your lease co, it is a contested invoice.

secondly it was suggested to read up on the POFA and if you had done so you would realise that your other questions are based on a bit of misdirection, the keeper is the lease co and they arent going to help you other than forwarding the letters for you to deal with. At that point you have deen named as the driver so you either accept it or deny it and possibly lose the car.

You are waiting to see the NTK becuase it must contain certain information or it is just toilet paper. In the meanwhile you contacr the lease co and instruct them to pass anything on to you rather then them paying it and billing you a small fortune for the admin of doing so.

As said, this takes time and money for the parkingco so you let them spend theirs rather than you spending yours

Edited by honeybee13
Paras

• 5 weeks later...

shame

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...