Theresa May to seek snap election for 8 June

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2457 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Tory care policy might run into problems with councils.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/election-2017-39995648

Given current difficulty faced by councils, how many are going to wait years for a house to be sold. Is central Government going to increase the amount they give to councils, as their new policy will cause a gap in funds.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DALAgeaU0AAh4W9.jpg

If this is true, the Tory policy is designed to make people look at taking out equity release policies to cover care costs.

I just wonder how lucrative this might become, when you have care fees increasing, money quickly being run down towards the £100k you are allowed to keep and then you have an Insurers looking for a quick sale after death.

People need to start asking more information about this. And also ask how the other parties are going to pay for care.

Personally after seeing people in care homes with dementia needing 24 hour care, it is a health condition. It cannot be their fault that they have got to an age, where their brain function has deteriorated. Yes i think where people can make a contribution they should, but to have to pay 100% of care costs in many cases cannot be fair.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

For sure a lot of people, including me - might never have scrimped and saved, worked 2 jobs and gone without other 'luxuries' to invest in a home had we known it would go directly to the government at the end of our lives !

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

For sure a lot of people, including me - might never have scrimped and saved, worked 2 jobs and gone without other 'luxuries' to invest in a home had we known it would go directly to the government at the end of our lives !

All this might end up causing older people to sell their houses, downsize to something of less value, enjoy some of the money and give the rest to their children.

Also what is to stop parents selling up and giving the money to their children to buy a house, as long as it has an annexe for them to live in.

You would have to be pretty silly to sit on a property of significant value waiting for government to take it, to pay for care costs exceeding the £100k threshold. If you have savings, you would have to use them first anyway.

I think these types of policy might lead to consequences Goverment had not really considered.

Anyone think the BBC is Biassed.Nice if true to be throwing licence fees at a biassed BBC team.Or maybe old Tawnyowl is the biassed one.

I am seeing videos of one thing live at times the BBC sees things another way.Like flaming magicians at times the way the BBC films.

20th there are many more.

Trying to find words to describe the BBC's approach to Theresa May's visit to Ealing today. Perhaps it's just better to just watch.

Anyone think the BBC is Biassed.Nice if true to be throwing licence fees at a biassed BBC team.Or maybe old Tawnyowl is the biassed one.

I am seeing videos of one thing live at times the BBC sees things another way.Like flaming magicians at times the way the BBC films.

20th there are many more.

Trying to find words to describe the BBC's approach to Theresa May's visit to Ealing today. Perhaps it's just better to just watch.

I always get the impression that laura kuenssberg - BBC Political Editor has it in for Theresa May !

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

BCOBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

I always get the impression that laura kuenssberg - BBC Political Editor has it in for Theresa May !

Tory Party forced to declare Laura Kuenssberg’s salary as an election expense

The Electoral Commission has declared that the Conservative Party must include Laura Kuenssberg’s BBC salary as an election expense after it was proved she reported election news in a manner benefiting the Tories.

http://www.dailysquat.com/tory-party-forced-declare-laura-kuenssbergs-salary-election-expense/

This chap hates Fox Hunting but you dare to protest and there is only one end for you.

An anti-fox hunting protester has been arrested after shouting "save our wildlife, kill May" as the prime minister arrived at a election campaign event in north Wales.

The man, who said his name was Connor, played a hunting bugle before shouting out as Theresa May was driven to a community centre in Wrexham.

Article with video.

http://www.itv.com/news/2017-05-22/fox-hunting-protester-arrested-after-shouting-kill-may-as-pm-arrived-at-campaign-event-in-wales/

A man is arrested after protesting against fox hunting as Theresa May arrives at a campaign event.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qP9EmGFDuXg&feature=youtu.be

Just trying to even things up a touch,let us check what Jeremy Corbyn has been up to.

Oh meeting a few people in Scarborough.No doubt the BBC will be showing this tonight:madgrin:

Link with video.And a speech-

about three videos down the page at the moment
-source Scarborough News.

Labour leader Jeremy Corbyn is holding a campaign rally in Scarborough

https://www.facebook.com/thescarboroughnews/?hc_ref=PAGES_TIMELINE

I apologise if these videos shock people.People being arrested for protesting.

It could be anyone you know, protesting about NHS-Fracking-Dementia Tax-Cuts anything you dislike.

Get in the eyes view of the powerful ones or what they want to push through and watch out.

Many of you must feel at times like throwing your TV through the window as you take what is meted out.

You elect the politicians to represent your views and it seems like things change and they look after their chums interests first.

Money talks always has always will.But the people are being hurt, hungry, dying,a strong word due to policies.And they smile as they implement them.

Soon the powerful ones will try to stop protesting, it would not surprise me.

They seem to be sealing slowly all avenues .

Ah,enough just had a quick post.I will leave it now,i enjoy reading your posts.

Makes much more sense than mine.And I get too angry.

Bye for now.

Tawnyowl.

Tory Party forced to declare Laura Kuenssberg’s salary as an election expense

The Electoral Commission has declared that the Conservative Party must include Laura Kuenssberg’s BBC salary as an election expense after it was proved she reported election news in a manner benefiting the Tories.

http://www.dailysquat.com/tory-party...ction-expense/

Well for sure I don't see her reporting as beneficial to the Tories, obviously I am not hearing the same as the Electoral Commission !

I agree that it is a worry if people are going to be arrested for protesting, TO. As long as they are protesting in a civilised manner (and by that I mean not causing problems for others.. such as chaining themselves together on the motorways or airport runways) then they should be allowed to do so. Why exactly did they arrest that chap who was protesting about fox hunting? Breach of the peace ?

BCOBS

That arrest was very wrong and badly handled by the police IMHO.

I guess they will use the fact that he said to Ban fox hunting "kill May" as a reason .. perhaps saying that he was threatening her.

BCOBS

Hi CitizenB

Man arrested over `kill May´ protest released without charge

A man arrested after protesting as Theresa May arrived at a campaign event has been released without charge.

The 25-year-old, who gave his name as Connor to the Press Association, had played a hunting bugle and shouted “save our wildlife, kill May” as the Prime Minister was greeted at the community centre in Wrexham.

Officers grabbed the man and carried him along the road as he continued to demonstrate.

North Wales Police insisted their operation had been “proportionate”.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/wires/pa/article-4529934/Protester-held-shouting-kill-May-PM-arrives-campaign-event.html#ixzz4hpxJyf77

I am feeling that I know Connor.

This year I have met many protesters.Mostly in filming, just passing but I do observe them and if time allows as things are usually moving quickly chat to one or two.Walk with them listening, observing closely.

Most of my time is spent linking, writing on the laptop.

Stange when you go to an event, you know them all though videos you stop and say you are such and such a person.

And sometimes chat for a while.

I am not giving a biassed view.This is what I have found.

They care deeply about the Environment, Political issues etc. And will stand up and say so.They will get out there, many of us would probably like to but do not.

I love it, once went marching with 70,000 others at a Save The NHS March.

Remember the BBC saying we were not allowed to film, hogwash everybody from many places in the world was filming.

One day they will be called out for what they are. News wise I mean.

I have been with the protectors when the police move in.It is not very pleasant, they get thrown around all over the place.

Usually arrested and many found not guilty.

So many police but one time the TV announced they were coming and the police kept a very low profile.

It is like they have been ordered to rough protestors up possibly putting older members of communities from joining them.

Anyway, I found the protestors gentle people, kind hearted and very knowledgeable.

And not violent.

Ah well, enough I will click shortly where I know Connor from if I do.

I do go on once I start, better go.

Bye for now Tawnyowl.

That cost is reduced significantly if you didn't need 24 hour care, e.g 4 hours a day £14,600 a year, imo

This means if a carer worked 8 hours a day they would be on a wage of £29200 PA. Obviously there's annual leave, weekends etc even the deduction of that off your wages you be much better off than working for a care company, imo. You would be self employed with the benefits that brings.

Not with zero hours contracts.

Anyway

May executes yet another temporary U-turn (taxing the van man/self employed and death/dementia taxes are clearly what May wants once in power)

http://uk.reuters.com/article/uk-britain-election-idUKKBN18H14R

May showing her true colours as the nasty end of the nasty party

Check out the fake news TV program and just see how May has voted in the past

eg

FOR the bedroom tax

For tribunal costs @ workers

etc etc

The Tory Legacy

Record high: Taxes, Immigration, Excrement in waterways, energy company/crony profits

Crumbling: Hospitals, Schools, council services, businesses and roads

If only the Govt had thrown a protective ring around care homes

with the same gusto they do around their crooked MPs

BCOBS

This is about taking the leap and being self employed, a different thinking ethos to that of zero contract hours. Different strokes for different folks.

You are assuming that the Conservatives are going to lose then?

Seems more possible now than it did last week.

I'm astonished that May is so blatantly showing her true colours - then doing such a poor cover up job when 'people notice', then repeating ....

Is she paying Jeremy back for all his help and/or has she finally really realised what a sheet pile she is in with the EU and Brexit and wants to do a Boris?

;For Gods sake somebody stab me in the back she pleads

'Sud that' says Boris - already had too close a call for comfort - call me again when we are out at someone elses blame. I'm sharpening my knives ready.

The Tory Legacy

Record high: Taxes, Immigration, Excrement in waterways, energy company/crony profits

You are assuming that the Conservatives are going to lose then?

Seems more possible now than it did last week.

I'm astonished that May is so blatantly showing her true colours - then doing such a poor cover up job when 'people notice', then repeating ....

Is she paying Jeremy back for all his help and/or has she finally really realised what a sheet pile she is in with the EU and Brexit and wants to do a Boris?

;For Gods sake somebody stab me in the back she pleads

'Sud that' says Boris - already had too close a call for comfort - call me again when we are out at someone elses blame. I'm sharpening my knives ready.

Maybe she wants to lose! Perhaps she is fed up with being beaten up for being left with a poisoned chalice !

If anyone is under the illusion that life will be better under a Labour/Liberal co-alition then they are living on another planet.

BCOBS

Labout can't win unless they convince Worcester Wendy and Dagenham Dave that they have the package that they can support. E.g good leader and policies.

It looks like evil mini-me Maggie May is doing the convincing for Corbyn.

What the heck is happening to England.

NONE of these people would been seen as electable in the not so distant past, and they make the recent politicians who were (and still are by some) reviled not so long ago seem like national heroes in comparison.

When you consider this horrible list

May

Corbyn

Farron

McDonnel

Fallon

Abbott

Johnson

Rudd

Gove

What the hell is Britain coming to?

They even make IDS look like a reasonable option, and make a a Clegg, Blair or maybe even Cameron (didn't think I could ever think that) seem a breath of fresh air.

(I should clarify that Cameron is considered only in relation to those on the horror list above)

The Tory Legacy

Labour slashes Tory lead to just five points in latest poll taken this week

Party continues to make gains after cutting Conservative lead to single figures last week

Labour has slashed the Conservatives' lead in the polls to just five points, the latest YouGov/Times results show.

The party has made consistent gains in recent weeks as leader Jeremy Corbyn claimed his message was finally getting through to voters.

The results show a four point change since last week when the Tories were leading by nine percentage points - the first time Labour had narrowed the gap to single figures since Theresa May called the snap election on 18 April.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/labour-poll-yougov-latest-jeremy-corbyn-tory-points-slashed-theresa-may-party-surge-a7756421.html

Ps-I like reading your posts.I am not the best at politics but like it when people write in depth.Tell it as they feel it is and not worry what people may think.

Perhaps this thread with your interesting posts will make some people's minds up.

Corbyn closes in,can you believe this news,i am so excited i could sing.

Tawnyowl,unbiassed as always:wink:

Following on from obiter Dictums post

It all seems to be going downhill for the Conservatives if you ask me.

The Tories just lost a court case that could finally expose the stealth privatisation of the NHS

court has just made a major ruling against the Conservative Party. And in doing so, it could expose the Tories’ stealth privatisation of the NHS.

An astonishing judgement

On Wednesday 24 May, three court judges ruled that former Health Secretary Andrew Lansley must publish all of his ministerial diaries from 2010 to 2011. This is the period of time when the controversial Health and Social Care Act 2012 was being written. The legislation is often viewed as a ‘backdoor’ means of slowly privatising the NHS.

https://www.thecanary.co/2017/05/25/tories-just-lost-court-case-finally-expose-stealth-privatisation-nhs/

The policeman who told Theresa may about cuts

WATCH: Manchester cop tells Theresa May cuts WILL lead to terrorism. May said he's 'scaremongering' & 'crying wolf'

It’s rare for police officers and officials to publicly criticise the Government, especially a Conservative one. It’s even rarer for officers and officials to admit leaving the profession and openly describe the disastrous effects budget and staffing cuts have had on policing. But now they are. Worse, they have been for the last couple of years.

Damien O’Reilly was a veteran officer, presented with the Community Police Officer of the Year award in 2010 by none other than Theresa May. His comments on current policing cuts are an indictment of Theresa May’s very own policy of cuts:

And sometimes when you listen to someone you just know.

• Confused 1

Truly definitive folks - great points.

The Tory Legacy

Conservatives cancel election campaign relaunch as poll lead over Labour evaporates

Tories decline to say why event was scrapped – a decision taken as news of major poll shift emerges

The Conservatives cancelled the relaunch of their election campaign, as

nervousness
grew over the party’s evaporating lead in the opinion polls.

Faced with the likelihood of difficult questions about the Tory campaign, David Davis suddenly pulled out of a planned event in central London earlier today.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/conservatives-election-campaign-relaunch-party-lead-polls-cut-labour-theresa-may-jeremy-corbyn-a7756976.html