BankFodder BankFodder

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 1194 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi,

I obtained a bicycle through my company's Cycle to work scheme,however after about six months the rear right side seat stay snapped.

The cycle provider replaced the frame.

Then last week I noticed a crack in the new frame,in the exact same spot.

I'm not sure I want yet another new frame,

I've paid this bike off in full

Do you think I'd be best asking for a refund,or a suitable new replacement,but different model?

Thanks

This is an extraordinary story – but given the experience with the same make, I'd be tempted to move on and find a different make. Can you tell us the manufacturer of the bike please.

Giant..its a revolt 2,gravel bike(just a road bike but built a bit stronger)but I only use it for commuting and road cycling about 900 miles per frame

The frames have a lifetime guarantee,but I don't fancy having to take it in every 6 months

it is presumed the provider is an authorised giant

their warranty seems to say replacement, or at their discretion something else different (equivalent or better) or refund.

if it is an inherent issue with that particular frame, then cld try argue for something different or refund.

otherwise, maybe legal recourse if they are not accommodating?

IMO

:-):rant: