Barclays bank dispute

buzzingwithlife
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2741 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Everyone

I have 2 ongoing disputes with Barclays bank,

one that they allowed £850 to go from my account

(from a card that was reported as lost and cancelled by themselves so they say)

and another where they have opened one of these packaged bank accounts without my permission well over a year ago.

They point blank refuse to give the money back so I've involved the financial ombundsman who informed me that there was quite a few unhappy people who had these accounts unbeknown to them.

Last time I checked you were supposed to put pen to paper and sign something, clearly not where this bank is concerned ,

I'd like to know the sum of money they have ripped off people.

After 20 plus years I am closing my account for good with these edited and would suggest others do the same.

Edited by slick132

you can get the bank account sums back under chargeback and cancelling the Continuous payment arrangement.

and

you can get the packaged account fees back under reclaiming too.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi Buzzing,

Thread title and first post edited to remove defamatory remarks that CAG can't risk carrying.

Can you tell us more about the timing of the disputed £850 transaction.

:-)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

Hi site team, no problem.

I am closing my account with them anyway, after 20 plus years with them this is the final straw.

Money should be safe in a bank but they just charge what they like when they like and what makes it even worse is they don't care, unless you are a rich person they aren't interested.

The financial ombundsman don't care,

the fca don't care

its an absolute joke all these so called websites who are there to help.

I am in the process of setting up my own business and with there is no way would I treat my customers the way these big 'untouchable' places treat the normal working class.

Hopefully if it takes off another bank will be getting my money and it will be Barclays loss.

Yeah you are probably right there warren, until this past year I never really had a problem, I questioned them last year about another charge going out monthly that I didn't recognise and got refunded the money. Its okay though because I'm a bit believer in karma and what goes around comes around. So watch this space.