BankFodder BankFodder

thedryad

Bought car with disabled tax

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 1219 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi, I've just bought a car from a private seller. Very happy with the car but when I went to tax it before picking it up I noticed that it is classed as disabled for tax purposes.

It is currently SORN.

I have the new keepers supplement but the seller retained the rest of the V5.

I have the MOT certificate.

Can I change the tax class at the post office and pay for tax at the same time?

Yes, you'll need to inform them of the change of class, and this can be done at the PO.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Brilliant so I don't need to contact the seller to try and get him to send me the V5? I can just take the new keeper supplement?

Just go to post office, tell them and they'll change it. I did it on my 4x4 in March. Take the v5c and payment to and they'll do the rest.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Just go to post office, tell them and they'll change it. I did it on my 4x4 in March. Take the v5c and payment to and they'll do the rest.

Had you just bought it too?

Yep. Tax class was switched to disabled. Went to Post office, and they changed it there and then.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Mine was a disabled car as well. I confirm that it's as easy as confirming to the PO that it is no longer for a disabled person. I already knew my class a rate due but they looked it up on their system as well right there and then

• Haha 1

All done now and it was easy to do at the post office. Thanks for the replies.