Paid Dart charge late and first notice of a fine is £105! Help - ** RESOLVED **

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2680 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all, went over the Dart back on 13th August and we forgot to pay until the evening of the 22nd, 9 days later! OK, yes hands up, stupid us, we simply forgot as we've been having a bit of a rough time of it lately and life simply got in the way.

However, we paid as soon as we realised.

But now this morning ive got a charge certificate asking fore £105 and saying ive ignored a pcn from them sent on 23rd August (the day after we actually paid) giving me 28 days to pay 70 quid.

I never actually got that letter at all, it offered me £35 if paid within 14 days which Id happily have done but now they want £105 plus more action being threatened if i dont :|

I cant find an appeals process, i cant afford 105, id happily pay the 35 frankly to get it off my back but dont know how i should go about this can anyone please help me?

googling i found a site http://www.trafficpenaltytribunal.gov.uk/how-to-appeal/ which seems to imply theres a 14 day grace period anyway for first offences ?

Quoted from the site "A spokesman said: ‘The first penalty charge notice issued for any vehicle for non-payment of the charge will offer the driver an extra 14 days to pay – and pay for any crossings they have made since.

‘This measured approach strikes the right balance between being clear to drivers they need to pay Dart Charge and giving them every opportunity to do so."

So im at a loss here and hoping someone can help.

Hi Donnie, I work for Dart Charge on social media and I found this thread via the Consumer Action Group Twitter feed. If you could contact me on our Facebook page or Twitter page (@DartCharge) I will be able to look into this, see where you stand and maybe help or at least advise. Tim

Well I have to say Tim's a gentleman, after a short twitter conversation and explaining whats happened to him he's cancelled it completely for me. A great weight off my mind!

Thank you Tim!:clap2::clap2:

• 2 months later...
Hi Donnie, I work for Dart Charge on social media and I found this thread via the Consumer Action Group Twitter feed. If you could contact me on our Facebook page or Twitter page (@DartCharge) I will be able to look into this, see where you stand and maybe help or at least advise. Tim

HiTim.

I wonder if you can help. I used the Dartford bride two weeks ago; and due to an Ill child, having food poisoning myself, I stupidly forgot to pay! I Panicked and rang the service, who advised me not to pay it now online or it won't count and to wait for the penalty charge notice. I'm worried sick. I don't get paid until the end of January, I only get paid termtime for the weeks I work and have paid continuously for the last 2 years with this vehicle. it is making me sick with worry. What can I do?

Thank you :)

Sorry to be a pest

its better you start a new thread

of your own please

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...