Cabot/mortimer claimform - old barclaycard debt

mystirio
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2727 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So they think you are requesting a section 77 for the loan rather than a section 78 for a credit card (the latest Claim) ?

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

basically yes but i have sent them the claim number cant do no more than that they should be able to see what court action they have or their solicitors have instigated against me, even their solicitors have not replied to my request we shall wait and see

Claim number does not cut the mustard mystirio...for your section 78 request to be legally valid it must contain the agreement number that you are requesting.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

yes but no agreement number supplied

5. On receipt of this claim I requested information pertaining to this claim from Mortimer Clarke Solicitors and Cabot Financial(UK) Ltd. by way of a CPR 31.14 and a section 78 request.

To date, no response has been received from Mortimer Clarke .

have had a response from Cabot Financial(UK) Ltd stating as follows..

I have been unable to locate your account under the details listed requested under section 77-79 of the consumer creditlink3.gif act

no account number given on form therefore asked for under details supplied on N1 POClink3.gif .

It is respectfully suggested that the claimant should be aware of the agreement number they allege is outstanding and which their claim relies upon.

Thats irrelevant really and a problem the claimant is going to find difficult to overcome to proceed with its claim...but you shouldn't require a court claim to be able to request information of any agreement you hold with a creditor vis a section 77/78 requests.

What would you have done if you wanted information on the agreement for say PPI and had not been served a court claim?

i would check my credit report to see what debt you would have and and they should have had the account number but this is not down on the credit report

therefore if it is not down on the credit report it is over 6 yrs old am i correct I am not very familiar with the law but every man to himself if you would like to know how to catch a salmon then you would not get any better than me

Well if they dont know what agreement they rely on to enforce the agreement...they aint gonna get far...and you dont know having not retained any statements or paperwork ...therefore I would suggest a CCA request is irrelevant in this instance (although it would add great power to any defence) as the claim cant proceed without that number.

But if they do have it and do disclose it at the relevant stage...what then ?

but surely they must stated it on the paperwork

or they were deliberatly avoiding it

Already covered that above...Post#81

and as the last statment from them saying it was an account for a loan that also is a lie stated court papers number which they should have checked

today 2 letters from cabot 1st one saying that they could not find my account with details provided 2nd one saying they have found my details with all the account numbers this is truly baffling dont know what to do now or which way to turn

nothing

next move is theirs

so they've send the agreement?

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

ai they sent a paper with listing all the fiquires

but the court dead line is 16th i have filled defence ??? on previous correspondance

correction mortimer clarke have sent it not cabot

this is baffling me a few years ago i suffered ptsd after the army and was better but this makes my head spin???:???:

papers.doc

documents hidden

you MUST REDACT things you put up

this is a PUBLIC forum

follow the upload guide

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

that's just a statement whereby they have added the litigation fess that will be added should they 'win'

no signed agreement

so stuff all to worry about

and they

You can still be identified from the cabot ref numbers but it does also show the credit card account number

Which means you can cca them again

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Click Here To Make A Donation

I am not legally trained or qualified, any advice i offer is gleaned from experience and general knowledge, if you are still unsure after receiving advice please seek legal advice.

Yes there is, resend it complete with bc account number as reference and edit it to read s78 and not s77-79. S78 is specific for credit card accounts

I am not legally trained or qualified, any advice i offer is gleaned from experience and general knowledge, if you are still unsure after receiving advice please seek legal advice.

but my defence end date is 16th but got to be in by 14th they would not get it in time to reply

Makes no odds...send the CCA request

ok interesting point though they knew which account number it was also that it was going to court as they have added charges to the statment as they had won the case or it was already settled in court dated 30th sept issued the 14th sept +5 +14 days to acknowledge that takes it to 5th monday??odd

They are trying to confuse you and its working!

They know exactly what they are doing, you must stick to the correct procedures inspite of what they do or dont do.

Doesnt need to be recorded delivery, free proof of posting is all you need