3 years in the life of a Ford Smax Owner !

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2792 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Oh, and just to keep Scaniaman's interest, buy back's, whilst un-common, happen to all makes and franchises.

44 years at the pointy end of the motor trade. :eek:

GARUDALINUX.ORG

Garuda Linux comes with a variety of desktop environments like KDE, GNOME, Cinnamon, XFCE, LXQt-kwin, Wayfire, Qtile, i3wm and Sway to choose from.

It doesn't, can't, happen like that. There is no mechanism within Ford to swap, exchange, buy-back, return, give out, or replace a car. It has to be done via a dealer for all sorts of reasons too numerous and complicated for this forum.

As I've said, on here, 50 trillion times. Ford make 'em, dealers sell (or whatever) 'em.

H

GARUDALINUX.ORG

Garuda Linux comes with a variety of desktop environments like KDE, GNOME, Cinnamon, XFCE, LXQt-kwin, Wayfire, Qtile, i3wm and Sway to choose from.

'was exchanged' English please!

Yes, Ford are always involved with a buy-back. It's not as easy as people expect it to be.

By direct Authority of, is meaningless in this context. In it's simplest form, a dealer must be involved to at least tax the new vehicle. Ford, as the manufacturer, has no way of doing this.

I don't profess to 'know it all' only most of it, whatever it may be.

Now, move along and let the OP have a turn.

H

GARUDALINUX.ORG

"I don't profess to 'know it all' only most of it, whatever it may be." H

Lol Lol Lol.

Very surprised that a knowledgeable person like you has not solved the problem of Ford Powershift gearboxes. Guy tells me they have had to replace so many that dealers are having difficulty getting spares for them.

Didn't think dealers would have the "Know How" to repair a gearbox but simply fit a replacement!!!!!

Finally, an interesting thread.

There is no issue with 'Ford Powershift' gearboxes. The gearbox end is fine. There is a small issue with an input shaft seal which contaminates the dual clutch on the smaller sized cars. This is easily fixed by most dealers, without a complete strip-down of the box.

For more major repairs the dealers are equally equipped to strip and repair. You have though, always had a poor opinion of the skills set of franchised dealers.

No issues with the power-shift on larger models due to the smaller ones being dry clutches and the larger ones being wet. The issue is fixed, not by me though.

Without 'Googling' it, do you even know what a power-shift gearbox is?

If you are going to try me with seemingly difficult questions, they are going to have to be more difficult than that last one.

We've not heard from the Good, Bad or Ugly yet have we?

H

GARUDALINUX.ORG

Well done, an admission that there is a problem with the smaller Powershift box. My source informs me that the problem is the clutch pack which serves 1&2 cogs, and was / is so bad that spares were difficult to source, even by Fordie dealers.

My reason for the very poor opinion of franchised dealers is that for some considerable time my father had to sort out problems that so called factory trained dealers could not !!!! These dealers were able to charge customers high labour charges that he could not. It took him some time to realise that he was infact subsidising these experts. When I came home to work for him I put a stop to this practise PDQ.

Well your source is wrong.

There is nothing wrong with an 'admission' as you sensationally put it.

As I said, the input shaft seal leaks oil which in turn contaminates the dual clutch pack. The clutch pack is not the problem. 'Serves 1&2 cogs' is a weird way I think of saying 1st and 2nd gear. Well, a dual clutch would be a bit odd if one clutch plate didn't serve 1st and the other 2nd wouldn't it.

As I said, do you even know what a power shift box is. As from the text above it would seem not.

There are many reasons for long parts order lead times but in this case, volume is not one of them.

Factory trained is such a quaint old fashioned phrase isn't it.

H

GARUDALINUX.ORG