BT do they spread the cost of repairs.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2839 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

I need the box on my wall changing, it is old and wires keep coming out the connectors cutting off the phone.

The box ix almost falling off.:sad:

I know that BT charge something like £100 as the fault is on my side of the property.

Do they do a scheme for people on benefits or spread the cost so I can pay monthly.

Thanks.

Yes I read you have to pay too

But my box was causing issue a while back

They came and fixed it foc

The guy said its the first box its our responsibility we originally fitted it

Have you actually asked them?

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

It is the responsibility of BT the equipment up to your house. That will include the box and facia plate where the wires come into your property. BT will fix and replace for nothing but be prepared to wait anything up to a month for an open reach engineer. If the engineer finds out the fault is due to tampering or neglect you will be facing a bill of £130.00. That includes any extensions previously installed by a third party, not BT.

same, if its just the wiring in and its test socket, then bt might (should) do it free of charge.

as the fault is on my side of the property.

how, do they say, is the fault on your side?

Thanks everyone - the problem is inside the house so BT insist its my problem and will cost £130 which is crazy but what choice - the wire inside the house needs replacing.

I did ring BT and ask but I could not understand the accent of the person very well so it was difficult to make out what she was telling me about how I pay.

BT basic is no good for me I spend more time on the internet than they allow, the internet is my lifeline.

I also cannot shop around for a better deal as I live rurally and only BT and Plusnet cover this area so I am pretty much tied.

£130 is crazy but I need the phone line!

the problem is inside the house

do you have the test socket style box.

if so, disconnect everything that you have done to it, including the phone, back to default/test socket. get them to test it again with nothing connected.

(thats what they asked with mine. they initially said it was 'my' fault, but when everything was disconnected it turned out to be their socket/wiring, which they replaced with no charge)

do you have the test socket style box.

if so, disconnect everything that you have done to it, including the phone, back to default/test socket. get them to test it again with nothing connected.

(thats what they asked with mine. they initially said it was 'my' fault, but when everything was disconnected it turned out to be their socket/wiring, which they replaced with no charge)

The wiring that goes into those connectors (or whatever they are called has frayed worn thin over the years. The line works but the wires slip out, or make the line crackle.

The connection is faulty, and needs a new box and wiring.

They have told me that anything 'over/through' the door is my fault and my payment - there buck stops outside!!

They have told me that anything 'over/through' the door is my fault and my payment - there buck stops outside!!

who told you that? a tel rep in india.

well, that wasnt the case with mine, as they replaced the wiring and the test socket without charge. maybe things have changed since (but it wasnt that long ago).

if its not your wiring, and the wiring is re the test socket, then wld suggest cld be their responsibility. cld try escalating it?

Same with me

Customer services were useless

I got put through to Glasgow and it was sorted foc

Just as a side issue

You mean wire bare wire end or ends are coming out the connector where each one pushes into

Edited by Andyorch
edit

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...