• Tweets

• hi all, i will list my curmcumstance first then list the details of the penalty charge - we are 2 diabled people being affected by the cost of living crisis and are skint etc. i am disabled with mobility issues(arthritis in knees and ankles and gout) and cant operate car pedals anymore so i let a friend up the road use my car in exchange for her driving me about. its a good arrangement as i get a 'chauffer' and she gets the use of car. the car is parked in her drive which is better as i was refused a disabled space (even on appeal) and too much congestion to park the car outside my house. my friend is vulnerable as she has suffered depression and suicidal thoughts since the loss of her mother a few years back, she is dyslexic, she is a carer for one of her sons that is disabled due to mental illness and mobility. she lives in a council house and cannot work. we went to iceland ..attracted by the 10items for £10 offer - we've never been there before. a large artic lorry was parked accross the car park blocking the view of one of the parking signs and blocking the disabled bays where the pay&display machine is. by the time she helped me out of the car and then went to see if it was pay&display then came back to me at the car she said she thinks it was pay even for disabled, so we looked for change in the car which we didnt have (she normally goes asda which dont need to pay for parking)so then we said we'd either go get change or go to asda...so then by the time it took her to help me back in and get out the car park took 15 minutes...5 minutes overstay past the 10minutes grace. the letter from excel parking came through and i sent it back giving her name as driver (before i saw on here that you shouldnt name the driver) then i appealed explaining what happened (lorry blocking etc) and even said we were being descriminated (advised by citizen advice)as we are disabled and 15minutes is not long enough for a crippled disabled man and a woman with dyslexia to read and understandd the sign and get out, then back in the car and look for change then get out the car park in 15minutes. i even explained she was a vulnerable person on anti-depressants and even sent a photo of medication and said if you need a doctors note then let me know....the appeal was rejected. i've emailed iceland over 50 times and they just wont tell excel to cancel this charge - they are ignorant and ive even asked them why they have a webpage saying 'iceland combatting the cost of living crisis' pretending to help their customers and they wont comment...they'd rather put more stress and anxiety on an already suicidal vulnerable person just to get money out of them..so their 'help' during this crisis is a lie as it wont even extend to disabled customers. she has now received 2 letters from DCBL saying she owes £170 for 5minutes of overstay. the last one is a final demand. as she cant read or write very well ive sent a recorded letter to DCBL (as advised by citizen advice) asking not to attend the property due to a vulnerable woman inside the property as it will only exasperate the situation, they have ignored it and basically said we dont care, you still owe. could anyone please advise - we are not very good with letters or these situations and are slow on the uptake.   1 The date of infringement? 28th dec 2023   2 Have you yet appealed to the parking company yet? [Y/N?] yes   If you have then please post up whatever you sent and how you sent it and the date you sent it, suitably redacted. [as a PDF- follow the upload guide]cant do that - will have to get my son to do it when he visits   Has there been a response? yes   Please AS A PDF FILE  ONLY ..post it up as well, suitably redacted. - follow the upload guide]cant do that - will have to get my son to do it when he visits   If you haven't appealed yet - .........DONT ! seek advice on your topic first.   Have you received a Notice To Keeper? (NTK) [must be received by you between 29-56 days] yes   What date is on it? 15th january 2024   Did the NTK provide photographic evidence? yes   [scan up BOTHSIDES to ONE PDF of the PCN and your NTK - follow the upload guide] please LEAVE IN LOCATION AND ALL DATES/TIMES/£'scant do that - will have to get my son to do it when he visits   3 Did the NTK mention Schedule 4 of the Protection of Freedoms Act 2012 (PoFA) [Y/N?] not on the front - maybe on the back but cannot find the letter now   4 If you appealed after receiving the NTK, did the parking company give you any information regarding the further appeals process? [it is well known that parking companies will reject any appeal whatever the circumstances] yes   5 Who is the parking company? excel   6. Where exactly [Carpark name and town] did you park? gravesend in iceland    
    • Hi Dave, I had no updates on this PCN since my last post in July 2019.  I received no further communications from the parking company.  I changed my address in May 2022. Thanks, I will send a letter to Excel parking to inform about the change in the address. 
    • I have a BMW Advanced Car Eye 3 Pro - I think it's 50/50  In any case, none of the documents / photos sent in the SAR showed a ticket on the car. 
    • I've seen on your other thread that you say you moved in 2022. It is essential you tell the parking company about your new address. Every couple of months or so we get someone here who moves, doesn't tell the other party they're in dispute with, court papers turn up at the old address, the Cagger doesn't know anything about this and doesn't defend, they lose by default - and end up with a backdoor CCJ. So get a quick letter off to Excel - Dear Simple Simon, Re: PCN no.XXXXX will you please note that I no longer live at XXXXX and that my new address is XXXXX. Yours, XXXXX Invest in a 2nd class stamp and get a free Certificate of Posting from the post office.
    • Yeah thanks guys - I'm just going to ignore them now.  Can't be ar$ed digging around in the loft!  Can I still send them a notice not to send people to our door?   I know we did 10 years ago but not sure if that's still a "thing"!
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Pepper UK/engage mortgage/Mars Capital - excessive unlawful fees reclaim+Eviction

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2669 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hiya all

we have gone through part of the sars,,, most interesting info,,,

they have failed to acknowledge any receipt of our CRP request which was within the time frame of us sending our sars and receiving it, so very suspicious why they dont make note of it, in their many pages of Full Case Diary notes, yet we have found our letter in the big bundle of info sent

Could this be an attempt to not make much fuss of our CPR request for info before the court hearing? Can we use this to our advantage?

unless if it arrives tomorrow, or monday,,,,

surely this will not give us time for us to prepare a proper defence?

your comments appreciated for now, just going through the paperwork more questions to follow im sure

also now we find a report from their solicitors from the last hearing where we disputed the arrears figures and said that it included charges etc, - their solicitor responce was " I submitted that any charges added to the account were pursuant to the mortgage contract conditions"

we are now concerned reading this, does this change anything for us,,, whilst we understand that charges and solicitors fees would occur however these would be added to the outstanding mortgage amount and rather NOT to the arrears in question, otherwise the true monthly arrears amount is exagerated when the fees and solicitors charges are added... ie we believe we only owe about 5000 of true monthly mortgage arrears and they claim over 8000 but that of course includes the fees and solicitors charges etc,

surely the 5000 is the real figure not the over 8000?

many thanks can you help and guide us next, we are awaiting on any responce this eve - we are reading through the mortgage conditions booklet,

ta angel and survivor

thanks

Edited by angel_1

Im happy to help with support and my own thoughts, but if I offer any thoughts to your problems please take it as from my life experience only and not of any legal standing. Always take further advice from the legal experts in your final action.:)

my new motto is,,,",Taking back control of your life and home - such peace is priceless"

This is all due to truecall device , have a serious peek at this you will be thankful like I am x laters angel :D

• Replies 538
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi,

The arrears should only be what payments have been missed and NOT include any fees or charges.

The actual arrears amount (what you truly owe) can't be disputed at any time if they haven't been paid

BUT charges and fees can be.

As we have already seen,

people are now able to claim back charges that were once accepted as the norm and if the legal fees are unfair these too could be challenged but that's a case in itself for later as you have enough to deal with.

Concentrate on proving that you are able to keep to an agreement which will clear the arrears, which is the breach of the contract, not the sundries added.

Make sure you point out the fact that fees that have/or will be added only frustrate your position in being able to pay off the mortgage by its completion date.

If they haven't sent by now the arrears breakdown then you'll have little time to prepare unless you get it tomorrow am.

As your requested deadline has passed then I'd be putting the copy of your letter sent along with a letter for the judges attention that you are unable to make a full defence as the claimant has not complied with CPR pt 31.16.

Look through your SAR and see if you have anything that refers to their block building insurance or anything that refers to mortgagee.

Chances are you have been securitised but as it's so late in the day finding all the info you need for Monday is going to be difficult.

But it's still worth asking the question if the hearing is not adjourned as you have nothing to lose if it doesn't seem to be going your way.

Ask their solicitor if the mortgage has been securitised and what proof they have that the claimant is legally entitled to issue the proceedings and is still the mortgagee.

Even if Monday doesn't go so well it still won't be the end of it and even at the 11th hour it's still not too late to stop eviction. Everyone here is rooting for you and will do their best to help.

Best of luck

Crapstone

thanks Crapstone

we are working to a file of info what we believe is missing from the sars, and that no acknowledgement letter or any phone call with regards directly to the CPR request as our specific letter requested,

but they have sent a statement of all payments and fees on the account since inception as was requested by the judge.

Therefore do you think they have actually responded and adhered to the CPR rules as we got the sars and their statement on the 15th may????

am going to click on for a mod as i feel we now need the final info for preparation in the next hour in case you are not available or ell-enn is not around at the moment too

cheers

Im happy to help with support and my own thoughts, but if I offer any thoughts to your problems please take it as from my life experience only and not of any legal standing. Always take further advice from the legal experts in your final action.:)

my new motto is,,,",Taking back control of your life and home - such peace is priceless"

This is all due to truecall device , have a serious peek at this you will be thankful like I am x laters angel :D

Hi there, did you phone the court to see if they had filed the information for the hearing?

Do you need help with your papers for Monday?

Ellx

Help us to keep on helping

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

This site is run solely on donations

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

hiya ell

yes please we feel like we are drowning now,,,,,

no the court was not rung as the sars arrived pls see post

and that just threw me out of sync,,,

what info do we now need to prepare, pls help

Hi there, don't panic. Remember that the hearing is for the lender to produce information - if they don't, or the information they provide shows that the arrears figure is incorrect then they are in the wrong, not you.

I have some friends here this evening so will not be able to devote any great amount of time to this. However, I will be able to help tomorrow if that's OK.

You need to gather together anything you have which shows how you calculate the arrears as being lower. The whole crux of this matter is that the lender hasn't provided you with a detailed statement.

You also need anything you can get your hands on that will show ability to pay installments + arrears each month going forward.

Most of the information you have already provided for the last hearing is still appropriate. If there is nothing in the SAR to show the true arrears then you are still at a disadvantage and the judge will recognise that.

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

okay ell

as its only a 5 mins hearing thus are we understanding that they provide their figures and obviously we have to dispute it as we are really still baffled by their figures,

what then happens if the judge agrees with them?

going forward with the future payments

we have now received info from the dss when partner had low income to complete parts 1 to 6 and to then to send on to the lender. They are prepared to backdate from oct 08 to feb 09 when takeway was opened.

How can we use this?

Also the claim for working tax credits

im now on course in going receive payments as had not claimed before.

Can this be used to show we can sustain future payments?

We have tried to calculate the arrears of being lower simply by adding up the missed we now think of 4 months payments, plus an amount of around 800.00 from when the last arrears were cleared early last year.

we still dont get their figures to match - clearly we are missing something

i honestly thought, 4 x missed monthly payments, is one figure owed as true mortgage arrears,

then,,

,,add the whole fees, charges, solicitors , would take us to their figure and it Dont.

this is where we cannot get to agree,

cheers

Edited by angel_1

They will have to provide a complete breakdown of the figure they are claiming. Did they send a letter every time a payment was missed? is there anything in the SAR saying payment missed - or similar wording? or charge added to account?

wE dont believe its a true breakdown as its just listed from the start, very much like a bank statement

ie

date

interest acrual

applicable interest rate

scheduled payment (if made the amount - if not made shows as £0.00)

arrears fee (£xx.xx)

payment made

there are also listed

Asset Management fees £xx.xx)

Solicitors fees (£xx.xx( but no breakdown of how come they have come to this figure)

and so forth from the begining to the end,

so have a column of debits and a colume of credits,,,,,

OK, how many times does it show payment missed i.e £0.00 that should tell you how many months arrears there are. You then need to add up all the payments made then deduct the amount of payments missed.

Ignore everything else except the payments missed and payments made.

What figure does that give you?

missed payments we can see at 0.00 total just over 6000

however, when we added the actuall fees and charges total about 1500.00 yet it still dont add up

we have taken the amount of arrears minus their fees ,,,lower figure

then there is an amount plus the fees, - higher figure

so subtracting what we thought the two above, it would show our true arrears, but it still dont get to match

i think we can only show how we have reached our figures and let them show us how they arrive at theirs,

catch up tomorrow now understand you have guests thanks for your help

cheers survivor and angel x

Edited by angel_1

Your calculation should only be - payments made minus payments missed, anything else is irrelevant.

Add up all payments made then add up all payments missed. Deduct one from the other = your arrears :)

Remember to add any payments made since the date of the statement you have.

okay ell

regarding the sustaining of the mortgage have you looked at this posted earlier

going forward with the future payments we have now received info from the dss when partner had low income to complete parts 1 to 6 and to then to send on to the lender. They are prepared to backdate from oct 08 to feb 09 when takeway was opened. How can we use this?

Also the claim for working tax credits im now on course in going receive payments as had not claimed before. Can this be used to show we can sustain future payments?

cheers

how can we get the best decision on monday ?

thanks ell im away tomorrow but survivor will be online tomorrow for any other info

have a wonderful evening

thanks again to everyone

cheers angel x and survivor

Hi Ell-enn/Crapstone and all who can help,

Trying to finalise info for tomorrow,

however still struggling with info see Post

also their solicitor stated in SARS if asked about charges added to account he would state it was pursuant to to the mortgage contract conditions.

Your calculation should only be - payments made minus payments missed, anything else is irrelevant.

Add up all payments made then add up all payments missed. Deduct one from the other = your arrears :)

Remember to add any payments made since the date of the statement you have.

Have you done this yet? what figure do you get?

Re what their solicitor said

- he's correct in that it might state in the mortgage conditions that they can add charges to your account for late payment etc.

BUT they cannot be added to the arrears amount.

Charges are a separate issue - I repeat - you cannot be in arrears with penalty charges!!

The most important thing for tomorrow is that you show the arrears are lower than what they claim because they have added the charges.

Thanks Ell-enn,

Yes, I have now done this and the figure is lower minus charges.

Moving forward how can we implement details from Post

re extra income and help with arrears payments to bring this to a resolution hopefully tomorrow

You need to take all the documentary evidence you can i.e.

Your calculation of the arrears showing it to be lower - use a highlighter pen on each payment made and write the total underneath. Do the same for each charge and write the total underneath.

Copy of DWP info regarding claim for mortgage payment for the period you mentioned.

Proof of income (from accountant?)

Use the previous statement as a template for this one and list each item as a separate bullet point and refer to the relevant attached document with an Appendix number.

The first sentence should be: "I wish to bring to the court's attention the following: " and then list as above.

Shout if you want help with it, although it may be later today when I am able to help.

You need to include all contributions to the household income :)

hello everyone,,,,,,,,,, yipeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

you will not believe we had an amazing Judge who took the bulls by the horns and saw the lender for what they really were...

again their solicitor came with no paperwork,,,,can you believe it!!!!

and just wittered on about bad payment history and they wanting possession of the house.

The Judge stopped them right in their tracks and said,

,,this is not what we are here for today.

..Have you got your figures for the calculations

then he held up the two sheets we had provided at the previous hearing,,,

He shook his head the lenders solicitors and mumbled NO.......

The judge gave a huge sigh,,,

,,,,and tapped his knuckles on his desk and said Why NoT?????????????????

Thereafter,

the judge deceided even he couldnt fathom the figures so has gone by a figure which we beleive is correct which of course is much less as the charges and fees no longer included,

gave his final word that we could pay the monthly payment plus an additional amount which is less that we had offered

we are very happy with the result,

cannot thank cag and everyone here especially ELL enn again for your continued help.

We will sort out a donation to the site very soon,

We would like to now stop this,

understand there is a request so that shoiuld in the future we miss a payment the lenders have to restart proceedings and not just reissue the same possesion order.

We do hope we can put this behind us now.

Also the judge recommneded that we take our case to the FSA if they cannot provide further clarity and

also to complain about how we have been treated and to gain any fees or charges back that are reclaimable, - again we would appreciate your guidance in this next step,

for everyone reading this thread,

please Do NoT Give your keys back at the first sign of any threat of court action pls come here and even we can try and help as we have learnt so much.

Ellen is fab and will help you to save your home, pls consider all aspects and dont feel alone.

we look forward to hearing from you all, a well deserved drink to us all

Lenders ZERO - Cag - ONE fab win

laters keep happy

survivor and angel x

FANTASTIC NEWS - well done - you must celebrate.

Ell=enn truly is fantastic - she helped a friend of mine a while back.

GREAT STUFF xx

jaxads

Halifax - £2281, successfully refunded all charges after LBA letter & telephone call.

Have been offered the difference between the £20 and £12 charges from Capital One -- am sending LBA for remainder.

GE Money - Received settlement of £441, being total charges requested. No interest though.

CCA'd Bank of Scotland / Blair Oliver Scott to produce CCA Agreements on two Credit Cards - well in default, although still chasing payment!!!

EOS Solutions "ceased action on account" on behalf of a friend.

All in all, quite busy at the moment and enjoying every minute of it
:eek: