Cabot chasing 2 old HSBC debts

willy wonka3
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2847 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Interesting thread.

I have a query, I am alleged to owe HSBC 2 debts one in the amount of £15,k or thereabouts (personal loan)

and another for almost £5k (credit card).

The last time I communicated with the debt collection people or made any payment on either account was in 2008.

The original collection agency was Marlin now Cabot.

Marlin had effectively ceased chasing the debt though they did issue annual statements.

Cabot are actively chasing the debts which I believe are Statute barred and have twice sent their agents to my door.

I didn't answer as I was actually in bed at the time despite the fact that it was daytime.

My query is this:

How do I contact them in order to advise them of my belief that the debts are statute barred and require them to desist from contacting me regarding the alleged debts without implicitly acknowledging the debts ?

You just reply to them if they contact you and state that the debt is SB. Marlin and cabot never deal in legit debts. you know its SB so tell them. Its their problem to claim it isnt.

If they send silly doorstep collectors to your house, then you tell them in any way you liek to leave or the police will be called. They are there to intimidate you and have no legal rights at all.

Then you write to cabot and tell them you revoke all permission to come to your home, and again the debt is SB, and any further contact will be reported as harassment.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Personally I'd not bother

Leave the SB card till they file

It'll kill it dead

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Own thread created

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...