Lowell Financial ongoing problems for someone elses debts

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2888 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Six years ago I found the details of someone else with the same name (almost as she is a Miss and has a middle name unlike me) and dob on my credit report, I was able to have this removed and have an excellent credit score.

However,

over a year ago Lowell started ringing me and sending me letters about this woman's debts.

I've not had any accounts or involvement with any of the companies who have passed on these debts.

The first one I ignored and they subsequently passed it onto a debt collection agency

who told me they had proof that the goods were delivered to my address.

Action Fraud took this on as a possible fraud and Lowell's response was to write off the debt but still imply that it was mine.

The next three debt letters arrived a few weeks later and I sent the template 'prove it' letter.

They wrote one off still insisting that it was mine,

I'm still waiting for a response to one and finally got a copy of the original credit agreement for another.

This clearly gives the other woman's address and actually includes a copy of a letter to her, at her address,

stating that she had asked for a copy of the agreement and they are still asking for repayment.

Lowell have also done a search on my credit report and found nothing

(that must have been disappointing for them!).

I'm getting really fed up now of having to do all the work here to prove that these debts are not mine

and this other woman is having her debts written off

and I don't know what else to do at this point.

Is there any point in complaining directly to Lowell or should I take it to Trading Standards.

Send a letter to the effect that as per previous attempts to inform them they are contacting the wrong person they desist, and give them 7 days to respond to the effect they will stop harassing you for somebody elses debt as informed by you to them,

Failure of which you will seek legal advice also report to the Regulator. send Recorded Delivery 1st class.

:mad2::-x:jaw::sad:

Hi and welcome to CAG

As they are combining the both of you as the same person, you have the right to demand the disassociate yourself from this other person.

Absolutely complain to Lowell and demand the recompense you for the time and trouble you have had to go through to clear your name. They have no right to be looking at your credit file as you have not given them permission.

Anything that shows on your credit file that other lenders can see is wrong and Lowell should be brought to book.

Don't bother with Trading Standards. They are toothless. You can raise a complaint with the FCA although they won't do much either, they collate data and when they have enough complaints, investigate.

A formal complaint to Lowell must be investigated within 8 weeks after which you can then go to the FOS. They may settle quickly.

Report them to the ICO as well as they can be slapped for chasing the wrong person and for breaches of the Data Protection Act

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE