Lost with Lowell - old aqua card 'debt'

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2935 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello

This is my first post to the forum. I hope you will be able to advise me how to proceed with my dilemma.

Once upon a time I owned an Aqua card with a limit of £200.

Not long after my circumstances changed dramatically overnight for reasons I won't go into,

but I had no option but to go to Stepchange for help.

They created a debt management plan for me and I paid my debts off on time with them.

Once my time with Stepchange came to an end,

I started to received letters from Lowell who had allegedly bought the debt from Aqua at £315.

It turns out Aqua had refused the original agreement offered by Stepchange

and my debt was growing every month as the amount allocated to Aqua wasn't even enough to cover the interest.

In 3 months my partner and I will have a baby, and every penny is a prisoner right now.

I feel like I have been duped and consequently I am in more debt than I ever was with Aqua.

I asked them for a copy of the original credit agreement and got this back;

We are writing to notify you that 25 June, 2014 Progressive Credit Limited

has assigned all of its respective rights, title and interest in respect of the above referenced account

(including the outstanding balance) to Lowell Portfolio I Ltd, effective 25 June, 2014.

The total balance sold was £315.14 as at the sale date 25 June, 2014.

Any payments made towards your account after 25 June, 2014, will be forwarded to Lowell Portfolio I Ltd,

and will be deducted from the balance shown above.

Under the terms of the above assignments, and as defined in the Data Protection Act 1998,

Lowell Portfolio I Ltd is now the Data Controller of your Personal Data contained in the records of this account

and will not change the purpose for which or the way that your personal details are used.

Lowell Portfolio I Ltd is aware that you have been working with a Debt Management Company

/Debt Advice Agency to help you manage your financial affairs and are committed to working with them in the future.

We would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your commitment to paying your outstanding balance. Any further communications and payments must therefore be addressed to Lowell.

Is there any way for me to challenge/fight this debt?

Any help would be greatly appreciated, believe me.

Thanks in advance

CocoLoco

First dont worry. Its a tiny debt and not much will come of it. You will need to SAR aqua and see all the unlawful penalty fees and interest theyve added on, as they refused to enter into a DMP.

• Confused 1

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Thanks for this

I have just asked Lowell if they have any statements of interest/charges incurred after I entered the DMP. Failing that, I will send the SAR to Aqua.

I know it's a tiny debt but they are already threatening to start legal action and I'm very worried.

Clare

hope you are not talking to these fleecers on the phone are you?

when did you take the card out

and when did you last pay it anything?

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

threatening legal action how, a proper letter before claim?

or just a template collection letter saying they 'may' do this and that...