style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2940 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-36345768

It seems that the advice to eat low fat was wrong and could make your health worse.

I have for awhile now, moved to eating standard fat products and not the low/reduced fat items. I have noticed that i have lost weight, when consuming about the same volume of food.

The French are apparently much healthier and they have never been convinced of the low fat diet some have been recommending.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

I have recently been diagnosed as a type 2 diabetic, on one web site dedicated to diabetes they recommend a low carb/higher fat diet for my type of diabetes and it does seem to be working!

I have recently been diagnosed as a type 2 diabetic, on one web site dedicated to diabetes they recommend a low carb/higher fat diet for my type of diabetes and it does seem to be working!

Yes the carbs affect insulin production.

I have always avoided anything labelled 'low', whether that be fat, sugar or anything else since almost invariably the reduced ingredient is replaced with something artificial. I read somewhere that margarine is only one molecule away from actually being a plastic, and I stopped eating it 5 years ago.

The original study which recommended a low fat diet was highly flawed and didn't take account of such things as, for example, asking subjects to keep a food diary during lent in a very religious community, which is obviously going to seriously affect their usual diet. When someone went back and looked at the data again, it could just as easily have been sugar that was made the scapegoat rather than fat.

RMW

"If you want my parking space, please take my disability" Common car park sign in France.

In todays papers, there is research showing that various low calorie sugar alternatives such as Aspartame can be bad for people. I have heard from a number of people, where Doctors have told them to avoid artificial sweeteners as it was causing them problems with the organ that controls metabolism. They also advised them to avoid sugar as well, as the family has a history of diabetes.

I have stopped buying fizzy drinks and processed foods such as pasta sauces. Better to buy raw ingredients and then you have control over what you are eating.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread