Vodafone in breach of thier T&C's and still disconnected me

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2944 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have been a loyal Vodafone customer for 28 years and have always bought my own phone and had either pay as you go and more recently SIM only contracts.

My last SIM contract had run its course and they were offering Unlimited minutes/Unlimited calls/20GB data for £20 p.m for 12 months - offer valid until 3rd March 2016.

On 2nd March 2016 I visited my local store and dealt with the assistant manager, who I have always respected and dealt with on many occasions and felt very confident with his experience.

I signed up for the above deal and specifically asked for clarification that I would only be charged for £20 on my nect bill in addition to any 'extra's' I chose to add on and he confirmed that to be correct.

The mobile app confirmed this but the website didn't so I called them on 191 but they were closed. I then went on their website 'CHAT' facility and 'spoke' with a colleague who confirmed that the store Asst Manager had NOT discounted down the contract and advised me to return to the store for them to sort it out.

I did so on Saturday for 75 minutes and the female assistant emailed the relevant departments and told me they would credit my account as the direct debit had been taken - I explained that under the D/D guaranteee facility I am entitled to have that refunded because Vodafone were in breach of their T&C's and they had called for the incorrect amount.

The female asst agreed and I confirmed that once I had received the refund of the full amount, I would call Vodafone immediately to pay the correct amount in order to continue my services, which she said was ok.

Today, I have clarified with the bank that the D/D indemnity is in place and being actioned and they confirmed it was.

An hour later I find I have no mobile services..............

I'M WITHIN THE COOLING OFF PERIIOD SO i AM VISITING MY LOCAL STORE TO CANCEL TODAY AND JOIN A REPUTABLE COMPANY WHO MIGHT JUST VALUE A LOYAL CUSTOMER!!!

If Lee (Vodafone Customer Contact with CAG) is available I would certainly appreciate his urgent input to this matter.

Thanks in advance.

Santander PPI X 2 **WON** claims on behalf of son (Oct 2010/ Mar 2011)

Citicard O/H (PPI) - **WON** Compound Interest Dec 2011

Citicard O/H (Charges) Bailiffs sent in August 2012

Barclaycard - **WON** Compound Interest Oct 2011

Monument - account information being sought for OH

Citicard - self - N1 submitted August 2012

Barclaycard - self - **WON** damages for non disclosure/information now rec'd. Aug 2012

Barclaycard - relation - Failed SAR sent 29/09/11

Halifax SAR sent 18/08/2011 for relation

LTSB - SAR sent 09/08/2011 for friend

Hi

Please ensure that you get proof from the store that the cancellation has been done otherwise they will behave appallingly. Record the conversation if you can (although I may be talking after the effect)

Once you have been to the store, follow this up with live chat and then send a letter by recorded delivery to ensure that this is done. This will cover you when Vodafone screw things up even more than they have already.

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

I managed to get into the store today and speak with the deputy manager. I explained the situtation and stressed in no uncertain terms that I was not leaving the store until she 'returned' this agreement (apparently don't call it cancelled otherwise they will terminate my number as well) but even she got frustrated with the process I had to go through when she put me through to the relevant team. On the phone for 40 minutes and even gave a mobile number to call which was none existant!

I did hand in a copy of my letter advising Vodafone that if any further charges are applied after today's return then they would leave me no alternative but to take the necessary action to recover my costs involved to resolve the matter and that should my credit file be affected I would be charging them costs for that also.

Eventually, the deputy manager spoke to someone and got a 'call back' arranged. I strongly advised her that I was within the 14 days and that nno charges would be accepted following todays 'return' and duly requested the PAK code in order that I can take my business else where.

I've utilised that PAK code and agreed business with a different supplier.

Think I managed to get my point across today - loyalty counts for nothing today in business but 'girl power won today! :laser:

Barclaycard - self - **WON** damages for non disclosure/information now rec'd. Aug 2012

Here is a tentative well done :-)

I really hope this is the end of the matter for you but as past experience of Vodafones appalling customer service on CAGgers, I wouldn't hold my breath.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Aww bless, thank you silverfox1961.

I am no longer a Vodafone customer as my services have been transferred to my new supplier (services connected this morning).

My bank have finally refunded the direct debit amount under the indemnity scheme so I accept that I will still owe Vodafone approx £12.00 which, I am more than happy to pay once they produce the bill. This will only be for 14/15 days service at my old plan rate.

So I sit and wait.............

Hi Shelley181146,

I'm sorry to hear that you've decided to leave us.

If you'd like me to check your account to make sure everything is resolved, email me via the Contact us form here.

To access the form you'll need to enter the code WRT135.

As well as stating your query in the question box, please also quote 'CAG Forum'.

Once sent, you'll receive an automated reply with a reference number. Post back with this so I can make sure I've got it.

Kind regards,

Lee

Social Media Operations

Vodafone UK

Hi Lee,

Thank you for your kind offer to assist with this matter.

I have submitted my email to the 'contact us form' as requested and the following reference has been provided;

I believe that I have approx 12 days rental, plus pro rata amount of '08' add on and a picture message charge which I am happy to pay immediately upon receipt of bill.

Thank you

Shelley

Hi Lee,

I have this morning received a text message from Vodafone regarding the use of 087 & 084 numbers - to opt in 97886 or STOP SMS 9774 at 11.48hrs.

As previously explained, I moved suppliers on 17th March 2016 and do not understand why I would be receiving this type of message.

I'm sure you have this matter under control but thought I would just give you the heads up on current situation.

Kind regards

Shelley

• 2 weeks later...

I have received a voicemail call from someone at Vodafone followed by an brief email. I have replied but have not heard anything back.

Just wondering what the position is and how long it will take to resolve?

Was the voicemail or email about this issue?

In your case, you should never be receiving texts from Vodafone as you are not with them anymore. Perhaps Lee could explain how this is happening. I suspect VF will say it is a glitch in their £2 billion upgrade which looks as if it has gone t*ts up.

If you weren't aware, Ofcom released an update showing that VF are the most complained about mobile company. In the last 3 months of 2015 they almost doubled the amount of complaints and VF told the BBC that it was a glitch. Now, bear in mind that Ofcom only register complaints made to them and do not take the figures from Vodafone which is very likely to be higher. Perhaps VF would like to publish their complaints data? (now where is that flying pig avatar)

Your problem should have been resolved within a couple of days. It is so easy to remove a number from their database.

I had no idea that Vodafone were in such a mess. In all honesty, I had always been extremely pleased with their services but when something goes wrong they just don't know how to resolve it, either quickly enough or efficiently enough to a customers satisfaction.How do they expect to retain customers when their customer service is this bad? The staff in store are unprofessional to say the least........

With that said, yes Silvefox, the voicemail and email were in connection with this matter and asked me for my CAG username which, I thought was in order to reply to this query. I haven't heard anything since from anyone.

If this matter affects my credit rating I won't be best pleased and that will be another matter to resolve!!!

Is this what you were looking for? :flypig: Lol

I have today received an email from VF advising that my BILL is ready for viewing...............

I have attempted to go on their website to view said bill but it will not allow me to.

When on earth exactly am I going to be able to sort this mess out with VF?

If Lee is able to contact me I would very much appreciate a moment of his time.

Lee hasn't been on since last week so I am unsure what is going on. Perhaps VF are getting sick of all the aggro they are getting here.

My opinion. Your next step is a Formal Complaint in writing (head your letter as such) to their head office. As you have been dealing with VF via email and phone, it is likely they have not recorded this as a complaint.

Send this by snail mail and signed for delivery so that you know they have had the letter and to start the complaints period. VF have 8 weeks to resolve this or issue a deadlock letter so that you can take it to the Ombudsman.

Also, let Ofcom know of your complaint. They can't help but as they are being investigated, it can only add fat to the fire.

Check your credit files as well. Noddle and Clearscore do free credit checking accounts but if you are willing to pay, you can go via Experian, Equifax or CallCredit

I was online with VF web chat and finally, someone has used common sense and emailed the bill to my registered email account which confirms I am actually in credit.

They have provided a reference number and processed the refund to be sent directly to my bank account within the next few days.

I wait with baited breath to see of this happens........

I subscribe to get my credit file checked monthly so will be looking in on that later also.

I will write snail mail complaint and see what response I get from that because I have no idea who 'Dave' was and he hasn't had the courtesy to reply either. I'm lost for words about VF. I had no idea they were this bad.

Well Silverfox, it is as you predicted.......this matter is still not resolved!!!

Received a further email from 'Davecd' at VF who has stated that he can see the refund amount which apparently was to go via my bank account on 5th April 2016, no adverse credit file history and the account is closed.

However, NO FUNDS received and when I attempted to 'chat' on VF website last night they said I still owed them £43.11 :mad2:

I have sent a further email to Davecd at VF and now await another week no doubt for his response and heaven knows when I will get the refund!!!

If they call this Customer Service it's a joke :-x:-x:-x:-x:-x:-x

Did you send VF a formal complaint? If not, do so otherwise they won't treat your 'query' as a complaint. Use one side of A4 paper and keep it as brief as possible.

Bullet point the relevant dispute items and at the end tell them what you expect of them.

While this is is frustrating for you, I don't feel this is a court matter as yet but if they trash your credit file then that will be another matter.

They will have 8 weeks to resolve this to your satisfaction before you can go to the Ombudsman.

I would add your complaint to the Ofcom list as they will be able to keep an eye on VF properly by the amount of complaints they have.

One month to resolve what is a very simple matter is ridiculous and I wish that VF would at least make some form of statement to the public to let us know if and when they will resume normal service.....if ever!

And so the saga continues.........

I received the refund finally! However, even though I have it in an email from DaveCD ( I pressume Lee's cover) that the account is closed and there is no outstanding balance I have returned home today to find a letter dated 13th April stating that the account is closed but there is an outstanding balance of £43.11.

I am currently on hold to their credit and collections departmentfor the past 20 minutes and continue to hold......i'm connected a lady who cannot help me because she does not have access to the 'old' system and she is trying to put me through to someone else and they're hanging up on her, laughable if it wasn't so infuriating.

She tells me they're open until 9pm so I will try again later.

Both invoices are dated the same day, bazaar!

Off to finish the VF formal complaint.............

And so the saga continues.........

I received the refund finally! However, even though I have it in an email from DaveCD ( I pressume Lee's cover) that the account is closed and there is no outstanding balance I have returned home today to find a letter dated 13th April stating that the account is closed but there is an outstanding balance of £43.11.

I am currently on hold to their credit and collections departmentfor the past 20 minutes and continue to hold......i'm connected a lady who cannot help me because she does not have access to the 'old' system and she is trying to put me through to someone else and they're hanging up on her, laughable if it wasn't so infuriating.

She tells me they're open until 9pm so I will try again later.

Both invoices are dated the same day, bazaar!

Off to finish the VF formal complaint.............

Left hand not talking to the right (or, left hand computer not talking to right hand computer.....)

Just be glad (with internal communications of that quality) that they aren't a communications company ..... Oops.

The new system doesn't allow them to look at the old system! You couldn't make this up. If this were a sit com it would be funny. Do not deal with the VF reps that may come here now as it seems to be an utter waste of time. Get that complaint in. Vf will issue a deadlock letter as they won't admit they have done anything seriously wrong. You can then go to the Ombudsman who will be fair and impartial.

Don't let the buggers get you down.