• Tweets

• Thanks FTMDave, I like the cut of your jib - I'll go with that and obtain proof of postage. Encouraging that NPE have never followed through and seem to blowing hot air, let's see where they go after this   Regards
    • Please see my comments in orange within your post.
    • no i meant the email from parcel2go which email address did they send it from and who signed it off (whos name is at the bottom)
    • I understand confusion with this thread.  I tried to keep threads separate because there have been so many angles.    But a team member merged them all.  This is why it's hard to keep track. This forum exists to help little people fight injustice - however big or small.  Im here to try get a decent resolution. Not to give in to the ' big boys'. My "matter' became complicated 'matters' simply because a lender refused to sell a property. What can I say?  I'll try in a nutshell to give an overview: There's a long lease property. I originally bought it short lease with a s.146 on it from original freeholder.  I had no concerns. So lender should have been able to sell a well-maintained lovely long lease property.  The property was great. The issue is not the property.  Economy, sdlt increases, elections, brexit, covid, interest hikes etc didn't help.  The issue is simple - the lender wanted to keep it.   House or Flat? Before repo I offered to clear my loan.  I was a bit short and lender refused.  They said (recorded) they thought the property was worth much more and they were happy to keep accruing interest (in their benefit) until it reached a point where they felt they could repo and still easily quickly sell to get their £s back.  This was a mistake.  The market was (and is) tough.   2y later the lender ceo bid the same sum to buy the property for himself. He'd rejected higher offers in the intervening period whilst accruing interest. Lenders have a legal obligation to sell the property for the best price they can get. If they feel the offer is low they won't sell it, because it's likely the borrower will say the same. I had the property under offer to a fantastic niche buyer but lender rushed to repo and buyer got spooked and walked.  It had taken a long time to find such a lucrative buyer.  A sale which would have resulted in £s and another asset for me. Post repo lender had 1 offer immediately.  But dragged out the process for >1y - allegedly trying to get other offers. But disclosure shows there was only one valid buyer. Again, points as above. Lender appointed receiver (after 4 months) - simply to try acquire the freehold.  He used his powers as receiver to use me, as leaseholder, to serve notice on freeholders.  Legally that failed. Meanwhile lender failed to secure property - and squatters got in (3 times).  And they failed to maintain it.  So freeholders served a dilapidations notice (external) - on me as leaseholder (cc-ed to lender).   (That's how it works legally) Why serve a delapidations notice? If it's in the terms of the lease to maintain the property to a good standard, then serve an S146 notice instead as it's a clear breach of the lease. I don't own the freehold.  But I am a trustee and have to do right by the freeholders.  This is where matters got/ get complicated.  And probably lose most caggers.   Lawyers got involved for the freeholders to firstly void the receiver enfranchisement notice. Secondly, to serve the dilapidations notice.  The lack of maintenance was in breach of lease and had to be served to protect fh asset. Enfranchisement isn't something that can be "voided", it's in the Leasehold Reform Act 1967 that leaseholders have the right to buy the freehold of the property. It's normal, whether it is a "normal" leaseholder or a repossession with a leasehold house, to claim this right of enfranchisement and sell the property with said rights attached and the purchase price of the freehold included in the final completion price. That's likely what the mortgage provider wished to do. The lender did no repairs. They said a buyer would undertake them. Which was probably correct. If they had sold. After 1y lender finally agreed to sell to the 1st offeror and contracts went with lawyers.  Within 1 month lender reneged.  Lender tried to suggest buyer walked. Evidence shows he/ his lawyers continued trying to exchange (cash) for 4 months.  Evidence shows lender and receiver strategy had been to renege and for ceo to take control.   I still think that's their plan. Redact and scan said evidence up for others to look at? Lender then stupidly chose to pretty much bulldoze the property.  Other stuff was going on in the background. After repo I was in touch by phone and email and lender knew post got to me.   Despite this, after about 10 months (before and then during covid), they deliberately sent SDs and eventually a B petition to an incorrect address and an obscure small court.  They never served me properly.  (In hindsight I understand they hoped to get a backdoor B - so they could keep the property that way.)  Eventually the random court told them to email me by way of service.  At this point their ruse to make me B failed.  I got a lawyer (friend paid). The B petition was struck out. They’d failed to include the property as an asset. They were in breach of insolvency rules. So this is dealt with then. Simultaneously the receiver again appointed lawyers to act on my behalf as leaseholder. This time to serve notice on the freeholders for a lease extension.  He had hoped to try and vary the strict lease. Evidence shows the already long length of lease wasn't an issue.  The lender obviously hoped to get round their lack of permission to do works (which they were already doing) by hoping to remove the strict clauses that prevent leaseholder doing alterations.  You wouldn't vary a lease through a lease extension. You'd need a Deed of Variation for that. This may be done at the same time but the lease has already been extended once and that's all they have a right to. The extension created a new legal angle for me to deal with.  I had to act as trustee for freeholders against me as leaseholder/ the receiver.  Inconsistencies and incompetence by receiver lawyers dragged this out 3y.  It still isn't properly resolved. The lease has already been extended once so they have no right to another extension. It seems pretty easy to just get the lawyer to say no and stick by those terms as the law is on your side there. Meanwhile - going back to the the works the lender undertook. The works were consciously in breach of lease.  The lender hadn't remedied the breaches listed in the dilapidations notice.  They destroyed the property.  The trustees compiled all evidence.  The freeholders lawyers then served a forfeiture notice. This notice started a different legal battle. I was acting for the freeholders against what the lender had done on my behalf as leaseholder.  This legal battle took 3y to resolve. Again, order them to revert it as they didn't have permission to do the works, or else serve an S146 notice for breach of the lease. The simple exit would have been for lender to sell. A simple agreement to remedy the breaches and recompense the freeholders in compensation - and there's have been clean title to sell.  That option was proposed to them.   This happened by way of mediation for all parties 2y ago.  A resolution option was put forward and in principle agreed.  But immediately after the lender lawyers failed to engage.  A hard lesson to learn - mediation cannot be referred to in court. It's considered w/o prejudice. The steps they took have made no difference to their ability to sell the property.  Almost 3y since they finished works they still haven't sold. ** ** I followed up some leads myself.  A qualified cash buyer offered me a substantial sum.  The lender and receiver both refused it.   I found another offer in disclosure.  6 months later someone had apparently offered a substantial sum via an agent.  The receiver again rejected it.  The problem of course was that the agent had inflated the market price to get the business. But no-one was or is ever going to offer their list price.  Yet the receiver wanted/wants to hold out for the list price.  Which means 1y later not only has it not sold - disclosure shows few viewings and zero interest.  It's transparently over-priced.  And tarnished. For those asking why I don't give up - I couldn't/ can't.  Firstly I have fiduciary duties as a trustee. Secondly, legal advice indicates I (as leaseholder) could succeed with a large compensation claim v the lender.  Also - I started a claim v my old lawyer and the firm immediately reimbursed some £s. That was encouraging.  And a sign to continue.  So I'm going for compensation.  I had finance in place (via friend) to do a deal and take the property back off the lender - and that lawyer messed up bad.   He should have done a deal.  Instead further years have been wasted.   Maybe I only get back my lost savings - but that will be a result.   If I can add some kind of complaint/ claim v the receiver's conscious impropriety I will do so.   I have been left with nothing - so fighting for something is worth it. The lender wants to talk re a form of settlement.  Similar to my proposal 2y ago.  I have a pretty clear idea of what that means to me.  This is exactly why I do not give up.  And why I continue to ask for snippets of advice/ pointers on cag.  
    • It was all my own work based on my previous emails to P2G which Bank has seen.
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Classmate & Mrs v Halifax

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6364 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All

This is the response to our first letter requiring all data etc

.,i.( i-i- Halifax Plc

Customer Relations

Our reference Roll Number:

Dear Mr and Mrs xxxxxxxxx

Thank you for your recent letter.

I am sure you will appreciate like other organisations we incur costs for every transaction made. When we pay an item against an unauthorised overdraft or return an item unpaid, we incur extra costs regardless of the shortfall involved. We believe it is fair to pass these costs on to the accounts affected, as opposed to them being absorbed by other customers.

Our charging policy is clearly outlined in the terms and conditions that apply to your account. In addition, we are committed to complying with the Banking Code, which sets standards of good banking practice. The terms and conditions of your account state that you must have funds in your account to cover your transactions. We cannot be responsible if you authorise payments against funds that are not available.

We are keen to help you avoid any unnecessary charges by providing various ways to keep track of your account. You can do this using telephone banking on 0845720 30 40, on-line banking (www.halifax.co.uk or Bank Of Scotland - Home -) or mini statements at cash machines. You can also contact one of our banking advisers at any of our branches. Ultimately it is your responsibility to manage your account.

As a gesture of goodwill I would like to offer you £650.00 in full and final settlement of your complaint. I must stress that future charges will stand and we reserve the right to close your account if you do not manage it correctly. To accept my offer please sign and return the enclosed acceptance form in the pre-paid envelope.

Turning to your request for an exhaustive list of charges. While I accept it is your legal right to apply formally for all the records we hold on you this would include a large amount of information, which is not relevant to your complaint. There is also normally a £10 charge for this service. However to help you I enclose a list of your bank charges for the last six years, free of charge. Our Data Subject access department are dealing with your request for other information that you have requested. I am very concerned to learn from your letter of the problems you have encountered because of the unacceptable service you have received on the phone. As an organisation we place great emphasis on providing a high standard of customer service and I regret that this has not been your experience.

In your letter you say that you would like us to remove the default registered on your credit reference file (CRF) in respect of the charges applied. Kindly note that we do not register information on your CRF regarding charges and I am happy to inform you that no such information has been registered in this respect. If you remain unhappy with this response, and you are able to provide evidence that information was registered on your CRF then please provide evidence and I will arrange for this to be investigated.

I know this won’t be the response you were hoping for, to comply with legislation, I

would like to let you know that if you remain unhappy you can refer your concerns to

the Financial Ombudsman Service. They can be contacted by telephone on 0845

080 1800, or by post at:

Yours sincerely

Gurvinder Gill

08457 253519

Customer Relations

Enc. Acceptance Form, Pre-Paid Envelope, Your Complaint and the Ombudsman

Still waiting for the data protection statements etc but the list of charges they have sent is a one line list going back to 2001 and totalling £1846.00.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Classmate

looks like they have changed tack a bit and skipped the sequence.. you have been lucky that they have been so helpful.. normally they would have just sent a whole bunch of statements for you to sort out...

you are now AT LEAST 40 days ahead in the process!!! and they have worked out the charges for you.. still carry on if you wish and send in the 'thanks but no thanks' LBA letter..unless you want to accept it..

All SEEMS well but.....

Now for my cynical side. either:

A.) they have done you a huge favour, are now the most helpful company on earth and have saved you bags of time and a letter and made you an offer already..

or

B.) You actually are owed much more so they have given you a list of charges that THEY want you to see, and not the exhaustive list that will appear on your statements...

I may be totally wrong here, but do leopard's change their spots...

ohh nice offer, but you dont want to take that do you? no you dont,

I think Brian is right, they owe you a lot more, wait for all you statements, then you can let us know HOW much your claim really is.

below is a Dont accept letter, you can copy & paste it, fill in the missing bits with your details, you will see a part if your still waiting for statements, just add your estimated amount & delete the bit you dont need (hope that makes sense) if not PM me please.

One final thing, this is your claim, its up to you what you do, take the money or wait(wait is good). People will help you if you get stuck, just keep your thread updated. ohh & dont sign anything the banks send you

dont accept letter...

Your Address

Their Address

Date

Dear Sir/Madam,

Sort Code:

ACCOUNT NUMBER:

Your Reference:

In response to your letter offering £xxxx as a goodwill gesture - your offer is accepted only as a partial repayment of the outstanding balance and I do not recognise it as a full and final settlement.

Although I appreciate your offer, I would like to notify you that my request is for £xxxx

(Or if your still waiting for statements put your estimated amount here, as you can adjust it later on)

I hope this matter can be resolved amicably and swiftly.

Yours Faithfully

(your name)

Good Luck with Your Claim

Angi x

:) If I have been of any help, please click the Scales of 'Justice' in the botton left corner. ;) Thanks

From persoanl experience and I have had 4 claims settled in full from Halifax, the list of charges will be headed 94D. These are the charges as they have charged you.

I am 101% certain that these are the exact charges levied to you. I too got the list first then when I got the statements they married up exactly. Definately refuse the offer though. They will pay when you issue a court claim

Whatever I post is my opinion and should be taken as such, an opinion. While it is what I believe and is offered in good faith, it should not be taken as a statement of truth

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Guys

Havent posted for a while. Been gleaning as much info from forum as possible. Seems we are missing something with our case?

Here's where we are up to. Sorry it's such a lot of info. Appreciate any feedback.

Here we go - Our first letter to Halifax:

Mr. Andrew Hornby

Chief Executive xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Halifax PLC xxxxxxxxxx

Trinity Road xxxxxxxxxx

HX1 2RG xxxxxxxxxx

xxxxxxxx

11th October 2006

Dear Sir

Re: Sort code: xxxxxxx Account number: xxxxxxxxxxxx

We have held the above current account with your bank for over ten years. During this time we have incurred charges for exceeding our overdraft limit due to cheques being cleared with insufficient funds in the account at unfortunate times, unauthorized overdraft fees, direct debits being dishonoured (and in some cases honored) due to insufficient funds.

It is our opinion, and that of the Office of Fair Trading (OFT), that these charges are punitive in nature, not a genuine pre-estimate of cost and not intended to re-imburse your losses for a breach of contract occurring. Further to the 1999 Consumer Credit Regulations quoted by the OFT, there are numerous cases in law that prove that punitive charges in contracts are unenforceable at English law.

There are many cases of this type far too many to list here.

It is with the above in mind that we have decided to formally place the handling of this account in dispute.

We have been made aware that we are required to make a payment into our account to cover an outstanding balance which has been accrued by the imposition of punitive charges otherwise a default notice will be issued. We are making you aware that we will not be making this deposit and that as the amount owed is being disputed, you are requested not to pass on any information to credit reference agencies which could be in breach of The Banking Code; section 13.6 "We may give information to credit reference agencies about the personal debts you owe us if: the amount owed is not in dispute until this situation has been resolved.

It is also our intention to pursue this dispute with the Financial Ombudsman Services and the Financial Services Authority.

Since being informed of this default notice and the disrespect of some of your staff afforded us in phone conversations, we have taken further advice from statuary bodies and others and with this in mind we are formally requesting the following information.

As a signatory to the Data Protection Act, you will be aware that we can make an application at any time for any and all records held by your organization which refer to xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx held on computer or by any other means.

We hereby invoke that right, and request that within 40 days you provide all information that you hold, including but not limited to, details of accounts, full detailed lists of transactions, statements, breakdowns of charges and any sundry notes that may be held with relation to telephone conversations, meetings or correspondence.

As you are no doubt aware, the office of the Information Commissioner allows for the payment of £10 covering any expenses required in fulfilling this request. We have therefore enclosed a cheque so that this transaction can take place in order to expedite a resolution to this dispute. However, you are afforded 40 days to comply with this request or you must request an extension from the Information Commissioner.

If you are of any doubt that the Data Protection Act covers this information, may we respectfully draw your attention to the case of Smith v Lloyds TSB in February 2005, where the judge ruled that bank statement information is indeed personal information and thus covered. In any event, this information is requested with a view to possible legal action being taken on our part and therefore would be covered under the same act.

This letter has been delivered by recorded delivery for the purpose of date stamping when the 40 days started for any legal action that may follow.

Please forward the information requested to our address given above.

Yours Faithfully

CC: Matthew Ball (Senior Collections Manager)

Branch Manager

Their Response:

.,i.( i-i- Halifax Plc

Customer Relations

Our reference Roll Number:

Dear Mr and Mrs xxxxxxxxx

I am sure you will appreciate like other organisations we incur costs for every transaction made. When we pay an item against an unauthorised overdraft or return an item unpaid, we incur extra costs regardless of the shortfall involved. We believe it is fair to pass these costs on to the accounts affected, as opposed to them being absorbed by other customers.

Our charging policy is clearly outlined in the terms and conditions that apply to your account. In addition, we are committed to complying with the Banking Code, which sets standards of good banking practice. The terms and conditions of your account state that you must have funds in your account to cover your transactions. We cannot be responsible if you authorise payments against funds that are not available.

We are keen to help you avoid any unnecessary charges by providing various ways to keep track of your account. You can do this using telephone banking on 0845720 30 40, on-line banking (Halifax Online - UK Banks, Finance, Telephone & Internet Banking or Bank Of Scotland - Home -) or mini statements at cash machines. You can also contact one of our banking advisers at any of our branches. Ultimately it is your responsibility to manage your account.

As a gesture of goodwill I would like to offer you £650.00 in full and final settlement of your complaint. I must stress that future charges will stand and we reserve the right to close your account if you do not manage it correctly. To accept my offer please sign and return the enclosed acceptance form in the pre-paid envelope.

Turning to your request for an exhaustive list of charges. While I accept it is your legal right to apply formally for all the records we hold on you this would include a large amount of information, which is not relevant to your complaint. There is also normally a £10 charge for this service. However to help you I enclose a list of your bank charges for the last six years, free of charge. Our Data Subject access department are dealing with your request for other information that you have requested. I am very concerned to learn from your letter of the problems you have encountered because of the unacceptable service you have received on the phone. As an organisation we place great emphasis on providing a high standard of customer service and I regret that this has not been your experience.

In your letter you say that you would like us to remove the default registered on your credit reference file (CRF) in respect of the charges applied. Kindly note that we do not register information on your CRF regarding charges and I am happy to inform you that no such information has been registered in this respect. If you remain unhappy with this response, and you are able to provide evidence that information was registered on your CRF then please provide evidence and I will arrange for this to be investigated.

I know this won’t be the response you were hoping for, to comply with legislation, I

would like to let you know that if you remain unhappy you can refer your concerns to

the Financial Ombudsman Service. They can be contacted by telephone on 0845

080 1800, or by post at:

Yours sincerely

Gurvinder Gill

08457 253519

Customer Relations

Enc. Acceptance Form, Pre-Paid Envelope, Your Complaint and the Ombudsman

Our reply to them:

2nd November 2006

Halifax Plc

Customer Relations

PO Box 548

Leeds

LS1 1WU

Re: Account number xxxxxxxxx

Your Ref xxxxxxxxx

Response to settlement offer.

Dear Gurvinder Gill

Thank you for your letter dated 16th October 2006

We respectfully decline your offer of settlement and request that you return to me all charges imposed on this account.

We will accept the sum offered only as part settlement and on the clear understanding that we will pursue recovery of the remainder, with a County Court claim if necessary.

We are in receipt of a preliminary list of charges totalling £1846.00, but at this time we are still awaiting the compliance with our formal request for you to “provide all information that you hold, including but not limited to details of accounts, full detailed lists of transactions, statements, breakdowns of charges and any sundry notes that may be held with relation to telephone conversations, meetings or correspondence held on computer or by any other means.” on receipt of which would confirm or otherwise that this total is an accurate and true reflection of charges imposed.

In regards to there normally being a £10 charge for this service, we would like to point out that this payment was included in the letter dated 11th October and addressed to Mr Andrew Hornby, Chief Executive Halifax Plc, Trinity Road, HX1 2RG.

We note from your letter that your Data Subject access department are dealing with our request and would like to draw your attention to the time frame allowed for compliance (40 days from receipt of request).

We would also like to point out that your inference that our request for all information is not relevant to our complaint would appear to be at odds with the reply we received from the branch Co Manager Liz Rice who wrote “I understand that the complaint is due to charges being applied to your account “

We will accept the sum offered only as part settlement and on the clear understanding that we will pursue recovery of the remainder, with a County Court claim if necessary.

Our letter sent previously indicates that you have until 20th November 2006 to respond before any possible Court action commences. You are reminded that there will be no extension to this timescale.

We trust this clarifies our position.

Yours faithfully

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Whilst waiting for a response we received this:

Blair, Oliver and Scott LIMITED;

Telephone: 0870 240 5138

Our Ref: xxxxxxxxxxxx

xxxxxxxxxxxxx

xxxxxxxxxx

xxxxxxxxx

31 October 2006

Dear Sir/Madam,

Halifax

Account Number: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxBalance: f506.23Dr

We are a professional Debt Collection Agency instructed by our above client to obtain payment of the balance owed by you. You will appreciate that our client requires payment of the full balance outstanding as soon as possible.

What Action is Required by You

(1) Make Payment in full to the account. Payment can be made by using a credit or debit card by contacting our Helpline or by sending a cheque or postal order to our address quoting the above reference number.

or

(2) Contact this office with repayment proposals quoting our above reference number. Our hours of business are 8.3Oam to 7.3Opm Monday to Friday and 8.3Oam to l2.3Opm on Saturday.

What will happen if you do not take the above action

(1) We may instruct one of our local door to door agents to call on you to discuss the matter further.

and/or

(2) We may commence legal action against you.

Yours faithfully,

J. Smyth,

Manager,

Litigation.

Po(m No 10o710

And then 9th November:

HALl FAX

CR FF Halifax Plc

Your Ref: xxxxxxxxxxxx Customer Relations

PC Box 548

9th November 2006 Leeds

LS1

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

xxxxxxxxxxxx Telephone: 08457 253519

xxxxxxxxxx Fax: 0845 1281385

xxxxxxxxxxx

Our reference xxxxxxxxxDear Mr & Mrs xxxxxxxxx

As a gesture of goodwill we offered you £650.00, which you do not wish to accept. I confirm that we will not refund all the charges you have incurred on your account since opening your account. I must also stress that future charges wi!l stand and we reserve the right to close your account if you do not manage it correctly.

If you remain unhappy you can refer your concerns to the Financial Ombudsman Service as outlined in our previous letter

I ‘d like to remind you, if you wish to refer the matter to the Ombudsman then you must do so within 6 months of the date of our previous letter.

Yours sincerely

Helen Martin

Review Manager

Customer Relations

Halifax plc. Registered Office: Trinity Road, Halifax West Yorkshire HX1 2RG Registered in England No 2367076 Authorised and

regulated by the Financial Services Authority.

Still no response to the data protection request but the clock's ticking.

Will update regularly in future:confused:

How true is this?

Received response for list of transactions and charges and Halifax have quoted

"With regard to your request for information relating to manual intervention on your account, HBOS plc is under no statutory obligation to record this information and therefore, I am unable to assist further with your request."

How do we respond to this?

Any assistance on this would be greatly appreciated

Classmate

it doesn't mean anything really. just ignore it.

just add up all your charges and put them into the spreadsheet and get your claim going !!

don't work out the interest yet though !!

save 2 spreadsheets. one with the interest added and one without the interest. Your next step is the Pre Lim letter and you need to include the charges you've received to date schedule from the spreadsheet with your letter.

good luck. i'm just in front of you. got 10 more days for pre lim then its the LBA letter.

S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent 1.10.06 (chq cashed 6.10.06)

Acknowledgement recvd. 9.11.06...(1 day before 40 day limit)

prelim sent 13.11.06. (rcv.14.1.06)

ack.rcvd. 24.11.06

LBA letter sent 29.11.06

settlement offer 11.12.06 declined 13.12.06

called Halifax 0121-234-1068 3.1.07 ..........settlement letter for full amount of £1474 on its way ! won't be happy till money in my acct!

recvd settlement letter for the £1474. signed and returned. 5.1.07

If you use the advanced s/sheet, this works out interest for you on the part of the overdraft that relates to the charges.

I was to understand that this is OK with your prelim letter , asking for this interest. When you file the N1 you can then add interest @ 8%.on top of that interest and charges.

Hope someone comes along to confirm or deny this

Yes that's right stoppared!

I personally found it very difficult to calculate the contractual interest, so ignored that as it didn't have much affect on my claim anyway, and just added the 8% when I did my Money Claim On Line.

Best to see what works out best for you.

xox

Springer :p

Thanks for replys

Iwas really trying to ask about what they can retain following the data request,Iknow the Halifax put a default on my crf about 18 mths ago and removed it when I kicked up a fuss,this was before I found out about this great site.I was expecting all the info on this account because I feel like taking them to the cleaners, like they have taken us all for years.

Steve

I got the same standard bit as you re: the manual intervention. It just seems they aren't disclosing this information to anyone, and looking at the other forums, all the banks seem to saying the same thing on this topic!

xox

Springer :p

Yes your right i've read a lot of posts,but I never mentioned man inter in my data request I asked for all information held:

electronic,written,recordings notes and any sundrie information relating to this acc.I was hoping to get the evidence of the crf put on me and then withdrawn after the fuss I made.This did have an impact on me having to take out a loan at a higher rate than I could have got from my other bank who offered me a good rate loan for a new car and then withdrew the exceptance of same 1 month later following the CRF halifax put on my credit file.Defamation of character,unfair banking practice,fitness to hold a credit licence,you get my drift. I am really prepared to go the whole nine yards with this,won't be happy with just punitive charges back so all help I can get from our forum buddys will be very welcome.

cheeers.

Steve :evil:

Hi

Don't be too concerned by the account being passed to Blair Oliver Scott. If you have already sent them the Prelim and the LBA and the timescales for response has passed, then proceed to the next stage - court action.

If you've missed one then simply send the next letter.....

If it's time for Court then you'll need to issue the claim via the N1 claim form in person, rather than online - since your claim for something other than just money.

At the date that your account was defaulted, what were the level of charges imposed? Remember, AT THAT DATE, not the total so far...

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.